forum

Akira Yamaoka - Lion Suki [Normal]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TB1991
ATTENTION! There is a new version of this song! Everybody who downloaded this song before Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:28 pm please redownload it! Thanks!

Song: Lion Suki
Artist: Akira Yamaoka
Stars: 3
Ranking page: here

Get it...

...with movie
You can get the osu file only at the ranking page.

This is my first simfile for osu! I have to say that osu! has a really easy to understand interface that I fully understood in 1 minute. Timing wasn't a hard job and creating the whole thing was fun to do. You will see more from me (ohter songs, more diffeculty's) soon!

Now about the song: This is one of the wierdest songs from beatmania IIDX ever. Its about what a lion wants (or something like that :P) and the video even makes it wierder...go and play it! :P

History:

Version 2:
- Resync
- Smaller videofile (from 60mb to 15mb)

Version 1:
- First release

Greetz

TB1991/FakeJapanMan!

PS: Sorry for my bad english if any :P

PSS: The upload system is really fast!
peppy
Awesome and win. Added to official db/ranking. I love the video - it works so well. Can't wait to see the future maps you make :D.
Topic Starter
TB1991

peppy wrote:

Awesome and win. Added to official db/ranking. I love the video - it works so well. Can't wait to see the future maps you make :D.
:shock: Your kidding, right?
peppy
I don't know - I find that song reallly catchy :p.
Topic Starter
TB1991

peppy wrote:

I don't know - I find that song reallly catchy :p.
Well...thanks! I'm going to make another simfile.
peppy
Check out my rank/replay :)
Topic Starter
TB1991

peppy wrote:

Check out my rank/replay :)
You are better then me :P I'll will try to rank when I'm done with my next song. :P
DJ Tomoe
Great beatmap ;3.
If you make Empty of the Sky I will be your #1 fan :mrgreen:
peppy
This is very important - for your beatmap without video, please use the exact same osu file as the one with video. If you don't, it will not allow ranking!

I'll fix it up for you this time - just remember for the future.

Edit: Fixed.
Ivalset
Very nice beatmap, I enjoyed playing it a lot.

One thing though, is that the timing seems a little off; I can't trust my ears to hear the beat, and am left with my eyes. I could just be overdosed on Osu! and be completely wrong, but I'd like to hope that's not the case.

Still, a very great addition!
peppy

Ivalset wrote:

One thing though, is that the timing seems a little off;
I agree on this one - if you watch my replay you will notice I am hitting around 10-20ms late as compared to the beat. Maybe we should get this fixed!
Topic Starter
TB1991

peppy wrote:

This is very important - for your beatmap without video, please use the exact same osu file as the one with video. If you don't, it will not allow ranking!

I'll fix it up for you this time - just remember for the future.

Edit: Fixed.
I thought I did use the exact same osu file?

peppy wrote:

Ivalset wrote:

One thing though, is that the timing seems a little off;
I agree on this one - if you watch my replay you will notice I am hitting around 10-20ms late as compared to the beat. Maybe we should get this fixed!
Can I just fix the song and then send it online without getting trouble with the ranking system?

DJ Tomoe wrote:

Great beatmap ;3.
If you make Empty of the Sky I will be your #1 fan :mrgreen:
When I'm done with the other one I may consider to do Empty of the Sky ;)
peppy
It is easiest to just change the osz files (if your upload is slow, I can handle this) and then I will reimport for online ranking. Can you feel the timing problem too? Its quite small, but noticeable after a few play-throughs.

If you would like me to update the osz files, please attach the new osu file or get it to me somehow. If you can do it yourself, then reupload the osz files using the same filenames.

As for the non-video osu file being different -- did you export twice from osu!? It is probably best for now if you export the one with video, then copy it to a new osz file in windows explorer and remove the video from the second one using winrar or whatever. I'm not sure osu handles missing videos in the editor too well at the moment.

I had this song in my head all day at work... >.>
Topic Starter
TB1991

peppy wrote:

As for the non-video osu file being different -- did you export twice from osu!?
That is what I did wrong! Thanks!

Retiming is in progress. BRB

Edit: Fixed! Check first post.
peppy
Updated ranked version :). Thanks for fixing! So much better.
Topic Starter
TB1991
Check my ranking

I'm bad on my own song :lol:

peppy wrote:

Updated ranked version :). Thanks for fixing! So much better.
You're welcome :)
eyup
Nice work on this one! Love the bg video =)
Lt Morke
This is really catchy! Whats it from?
geckogates
this is my first attempt to fix someones beatmap so i hope im doing this right.
your timing is still off, the bpm is a bit fast and the offset is late, i fixed all that if you want to update it.

heres a link to the file
http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/10/1/2590732/Akira%20Yamaoka%20-%20Lion%20Suki%20%28FakeJapanMan%21%29%20%5BNormal%5D.osu

or if you want to know what i changed.
bpm: 146.090
offset: 424

to my version:
bpm: 146.001
offset 389
(scaled to new timing)
Gens
Er... it's no use trying to fix a ranked beatmap, you know. If it gets fixed, the scores would need to be wiped, plus the creator hasn't been around for 2 years now so it's kind of hopeless.

As this is an old beatmap it has many flaws, yet it's ranked due to the old guidelines (if there were any at that time). You're welcome to try to fix pending beatmaps anytime though.