forum

Jivemaster - Sonic & Knuckles Lava Reach OC ReMix

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
machol30
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 7:59:27 PM

Artist: Jivemaster
Title: Sonic & Knuckles Lava Reach OC ReMix
BPM: 127
Filesize: 6072kb
Play Time: 03:43
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.77 stars, 256 notes)
  2. Hard (4.38 stars, 345 notes)
  3. Insane (4.7 stars, 408 notes)
Download: Jivemaster - Sonic & Knuckles Lava Reach OC ReMix
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Okay, my fourth beatmap,
Waiting for approval. ;)
---------------
[changelog]
[20/4/08]: Timing fixed. Changed Hard Mode around a bit. Added Normal Mode.
[22/4/08]: Fixed beginning parts and a few later parts. 'Sounds much more reasonable.
[27/4/08]: Timing fixed... again... thanks to peppy. Reasonable beatspacing and such updated.
[16/5/08]: Okay, I added a background and played a little with the song setup. Also, bumping this. I hope this gets ranked sometimes soon... :o
[17/5/08]: Changed BG color to black. Changed some of the spacing, although some parts are a bit off. Changed Offset by -10ms. Renamed Hard to Insane.
[20/5/08]: Dropped the overall difficulty just a tad.
[4/6/08]: A few minor changes, plus bumping.
[6/7/08]: some spacing fixes, and changed offset again back to peppy's. Shortened Insane and added a bunch of notes at the end. :D
[8/7/08]: some more spacing fixes, thanks to Kai.
[13/7/08]: made some confusing patterns to Insane, and made Hard mode at Kai's request. Hopefully is easy enough. :P
James
Wow this is long and confusing XD
Anyways, timing is good enough for me.
How about another difficulty?
And maybe you can cut the song?
mtmcl
Yeah, with a song this long and confusing, I'm going to have to request an easier difficulty as well. I'd also suggest you clean it up. Give it some sense of aesthetic. Try not to clutter a bunch of circles and sliders over each other. Timing and spacing seem fairly acceptable otherwise.
Topic Starter
machol30
Yeah... I can't really think of much on these parts:
00:49:40-0:52:95
02:31:45-02:43:50 (I think I almost got this)
03:01:92-03:16:69 (I think I almost got this part too)
04:32:40-0:58:85
05:29:21-05:30:86
Hmm... well... I think that's it anyway...
And I like the overlapping circles and sliders at the end! :(

edit: Deffinately by next update, I will have most of those parts done and added a normal mode.

edit2: [20/4/08] Timing fixed. Changed Hard Mode around a bit. Added Normal Mode.
[22/4/08] Fixed beginning parts and a few later parts. 'Sounds much more reasonable.
peppy
As has been said - a bit complex. I also feel the offset is better at 292 (down from 316 - so change each offset by 24ms) - see if you agree.

Good to see some ocremix.
Topic Starter
machol30
[27/4/08] Timing fixed... again... thanks to peppy. Reasonable beatspacing and such updated.

peppy wrote:

As has been said - a bit complex. I also feel the offset is better at 292 (down from 316 - so change each offset by 24ms) - see if you agree.
Sorry. I don't understand what you mean by "a bit complex." :(

edit: look at first post [16/5/08]
awp
Normal:
02:32:77 (2) - to 02:32:89
02:34:30 (4,5) - beatspace these a little farther apart
02:36:55 (3) - to 02:36:66?

Hard: Maybe you should rename it to insane, or soften the sliders. Too small and fast for Hard imo.
03:16:35 (1) - to 03:16:23
The section starting at 5:17:88 feels a bit dodgy to me. I'm also burning a dvd though so it might just be me - oh hey the disc is almost done one second. Okay, um...hmm. It feels a FEW milliseconds off, but it's less than a 1/8 snapping off. Maybe it is just due to the weird audio.
Sinistro
I'd suggest reducing every timing section's offset by a further 30 ms.

Normal: Low Overall difficulty plus large circles results in some areas later in the map becoming to crowded with incoming and outgoing objects. You could change the settings or the object placement so that they're less bunched together.

Hard Insane: At the beginning there are some objects that overlap others, might be best to move them around so they're fully visible since the Overall difficulty setting gives the player such short notice anyway. 01:51:16 should be a bit farther than the rest of the combo.

That's all my 3 am analysis can catch right now. Hope I didn't miss anything glaring.
Topic Starter
machol30

awp wrote:

Hard: Maybe you should rename it to insane, or soften the sliders. Too small and fast for Hard imo.
Ah! That's something I forgot. Fixed.

awp wrote:

03:16:35 (1) - to 03:16:23
I don't agree. I'm going by the vocals (robo-voice).

awp wrote:

The section starting at 5:17:88 feels a bit dodgy to me. I'm also burning a dvd though so it might just be me - oh hey the disc is almost done one second. Okay, um...hmm. It feels a FEW milliseconds off, but it's less than a 1/8 snapping off. Maybe it is just due to the weird audio.
Yes. It does feel a bit off. Let's see if I can fix that in my next update.

Sinistro wrote:

I'd suggest reducing every timing section's offset by a further 30 ms.
Hmm... I would say lowering it another 10ms, I think? I'll lower it by 10ms until confirmed by another mod.

Sinistro wrote:

Normal: Low Overall difficulty plus large circles results in some areas later in the map becoming to crowded with incoming and outgoing objects. You could change the settings or the object placement so that they're less bunched together.

Hard Insane: At the beginning there are some objects that overlap others, might be best to move them around so they're fully visible since the Overall difficulty setting gives the player such short notice anyway. 01:51:16 should be a bit farther than the rest of the combo.
Okay, I fixt'd Hard Insane. will do Normal tomorrow.

Heh heh... I should rename Hard Insane to burai (difficulty)? :lol:
Topic Starter
machol30
okay, update:
[17/5/08]: Changed BG color to black. Changed some of the spacing, although some parts are a bit off. Changed Offset by -10ms. Renamed Hard to Insane.

The main problem that I have with Insane is the sliders at [05:41:61](10) and [05:45:39](2) are one-eighth of a beat off. Needs fixing and helpz. :(
James
Approach circles on insane is OVER9000mph!!!
Need to reduce the difficulty of approach circles for testing it.

I see nothing wrong with it.

Then playing again with your overall difficulty set...
*head explodes*
Topic Starter
machol30
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
Bg Color is black already?

/me stars
Topic Starter
machol30
/me bumps.
Topic Starter
machol30
bump again!Waiting for approval.
Five posts in a row, deleting previous three. :(
Kai
'd burai and i covered all in the IRC
Topic Starter
machol30
I added Hard. Is it worthy enough for rank now? or should I make an Easy difficulty as well? :P
Kai
Hard
01:22:73 (4,5,6,7,1) my god move this closer this has wrong beat snapping (you can get confused by this)
Kai
'd , i hope no nazi mod appear from the nowhere and find something
Topic Starter
machol30
bumppppp... ..
show more