forum

Osu! closes after clicking OK in song setup

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Okay, whenever I click Ok on the song setup stuff, Osu! just ups and closes suddenly!
Any solutions? I really want to make an Even Flow beatmap!
Echo
No error?
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
There is one. Hold on a sec...
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Here it is. Typed word form:
An error has occurred.

System.DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.
at osu.GameModes.Editor.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at osu.GameBase.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at osu.Program.Main()
peppy
Please update to the latest version and import the mp3 from scratch. Make sure you delete any folders created in the Songs\ folder that contain this mp3.
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
I can't.
It still gives me the changelog stuff.
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Where can I download the latest version of Osu?
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
The updater doesn't work for you right? The newest files are always at the same place where you downloaded them the first time.

If you get an error message, always post it along, otherwise there'll be no way any of us can help you.

As for your original problem, go to your osu folder and go to the Songs folder in there. Find the folder that contains the bugged song, make sure you have a copy of the mp3, then delete the entire folder. Then open osu, go to edit mode and drag the mp3 in there again.
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Okay... The randomly closing has stopped. I updated.
But the song thing is now even worse. I saved what I had of the song, went to play some beatmaps, saw it, tried to play it, and it didn't let me. So I just went over to something else, and suddenly, all the sounds stopped working.
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Okay, it's stopped the mute music thing.
Anyway, I deleted the folder from the Songs folder, and put a new one in.
It still closes.
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
It's started the random closing thing again.
Error Report simply says:
An external component has thrown an exception.
Assistance please?