forum

Utada Hikaru - Hikari (PlanetB Remix),Update (04/28/08)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
P-Drogan
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on May-06-08 at 8:04:52 PM

Artist: Utada Hikaru
Title: Hikari (PlanetB Remix)
BPM: 130.02
Filesize: 8164kb
Play Time: 05:02
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane'n'long (4.32 stars, 300 notes)
Download: Utada Hikaru - Hikari (PlanetB Remix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
The Theme song of Kingdom Hearts 1 (PlanetB remix)
Short version [normal]: http://up.ppy.sh/files/utadahikaru-hikari(planetbremix),shortversion%5Bnormal%5D.osz

Please, share your opinion on the sliders in insane mode here.

Update 1:
-Toughen up Insane a lot:
- Verse sliders are now easier to hit.
- Chorus A's timing improved
- Chorus B has a few slider changes
- Added more beats at the end.
- Overall difficulty raised by 1 or 2

Update 2:
-Simplified the Verse's slider part
-Added a background

Update 3:
- Improved timing of chorus B (after the spinner)
- Improved the end hit circles' spacing
- Reshaped the Mickey Mouse slideer

Update 4:
Insane:
-removed slider part in Chorus A
-Rearranged a slider part in Chorus B
- Replaced half of the beats at the end with sliders.
Normal:
-Reshaped some sliders
-removed overlapped spinners

Update 5:
-fixed 2nd Chorus B's slider part
-Snaped #3&4 at 3:00:13
-Moved beats and beats related to it forward by 1/4

Update 6:
-fixed a missed out spacing problem
awp
Timing is spot on, of course this song is easy as hell to time. That aside...

I personally don't have much of a gripe with the sliders, but it's a bit of a violation of the gameplay standards. It's very easy to survive these sliders, but it's generally frowned upon to make someone release a slider ball before the slider is done.

One of the other things that irked me is that the song makes an effort to primarily follow the vocals to the T. It fits very well in some spots, but in other spots, it feels just a tad ahead or a tad behind. I took a look at one section: (02:45:49 (2,3,4,5)) and found that I had to use 1/8 snap to get the notes to properly match the vocals in some spot.

The mickey-shaped slider is a good idea, but it's executed a lil poorly. Try reworking it using the Bezier (Smooth Curves) option.
Topic Starter
P-Drogan

awp wrote:

Timing is spot on, of course this song is easy as hell to time. That aside...

I personally don't have much of a gripe with the sliders, but it's a bit of a violation of the gameplay standards. It's very easy to survive these sliders, but it's generally frowned upon to make someone release a slider ball before the slider is done.

One of the other things that irked me is that the song makes an effort to primarily follow the vocals to the T. It fits very well in some spots, but in other spots, it feels just a tad ahead or a tad behind. I took a look at one section: (02:45:49 (2,3,4,5)) and found that I had to use 1/8 snap to get the notes to properly match the vocals in some spot.

The mickey-shaped slider is a good idea, but it's executed a lil poorly. Try reworking it using the Bezier (Smooth Curves) option.
I fixed most of what you said, just not the Mickey slider (I can't make a perfect one! :| ) and Chorus A's slider part (that would just ruin the vocal sync)
EDIT: I reshaped the mickey mouse slider. It's a lot better now.
James
02:01:98 - this sounds better when placed 1/4 beat forward (everything similar) it sounds annoying for me at the placement right now :(
03:00:13 - #3 and #4 are not snapped into the timeline. (and everything similar to this)
04:29:77 - stacked slider? no no no. . .
04:41:20 - ITS A HIDDEN MICKEY!!!!!!!!
04:55:62 - ETNA SLIDERS!!!!!!!!
Topic Starter
P-Drogan

James wrote:

02:01:98 - this sounds better when placed 1/4 beat forward (everything similar) it sounds annoying for me at the placement right now :(
03:00:13 - #3 and #4 are not snapped into the timeline. (and everything similar to this)
04:29:77 - stacked slider? no no no. . .
04:41:20 - ITS A HIDDEN MICKEY!!!!!!!!
04:55:62 - ETNA SLIDERS!!!!!!!!
Fixed, except for the last 2 (if it's a problem).

P.S., nice avatar :D
James
Its not a problem @ those last two things.

and thanks :D
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.