forum

ID Software - I Believe

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kai
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 9:20:17 PM

Artist: ID Software
Title: I Believe
BPM: 158.18
Filesize: 1394kb
Play Time: 02:11
Difficulties Available:
  1. I'm too young to die (0.81 stars, 74 notes)
  2. Hey, not too rough (1.9 stars, 148 notes)
  3. Hurt me plenty (3.25 stars, 186 notes)
  4. Ultra-Violence (4.91 stars, 237 notes)
  5. NIGHTMARE!! (5 stars, 347 notes)
Download: ID Software - I Believe
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Well this might like some , some other might hate it , but this is the music of a Doom 1 map , so enjoy and waiting for correct stuff

NOTE : Added Easy and Hard , changed Easy i had to Very Easy , and Nightmare Difficulty coming soon
NOTE:[V.Easy]aka I'm too young to die , had offset changes by awp (tyvm for this awp) all others just changed stuff
NOTE:Added NIGHTMARE!! spoiler Are you sure?This Difficulty isn't Remotely FAIR

[Update 05/12/08]:changed all said by chan
[Update 05/18/08] changed the placement of the last 15 combo of NIGHTMARE!!
[Update 05/19/08]changed main and timing section offset
[Update 06/10/08]lowered the drain 1 and lowered the overall difficulty by 2 on NIGHTMARE!!
[Update 06/11/08] Drain rate=9/10 overall=9/10
[Update 07/22/08] I Added and will still add some storyboard and custom hits and a failsound
[Update 08/24/08] reduce all the offset by 5 ms

Reference for those who doesn't know/played Doom:
I'm too young to die=Very Easy
Hey,not too rough=Easy
Hurt me plently=normal
Ultra-Violence=Hard
NIGHTMARE!!=Very Hard
awp
timing's good, but the offset at 30s in is a bit wrong, which explains the funky beatsnapping behaviour. 30,393 I think.

Very Easy: After pointing out a few snap issues I decided to just upload the .osu - The map is a lil boring but it's "very easy", so I tweaked some of the sliders to reflect that. Because I don't wanna mess with the loud/soft sample sets that the timing is used for it's not a 100% exact offset pinpointing, but it's very well close enough.

In the future, when you want to use multiple timing points for the sake of swapping loud/soft samplesets, this should be the very last thing you do. Create the timing points by mouse-wheeling to the right snap-to point and adding a timing point through Ctrl+P, so that it's snapped and the offset lines up with the beat.

Easy: Right after the spinner you have that regular hitcircle which sounds cool, but is dangerously close to the spinner's end for an "Easy" map. In retrospect, I think you should bump them all up a difficulty. Very Easy becoming Easy and Easy becoming Normal, etc. A handful of notes are snapped to the quarter beat, so I'm suspecting a change was made to the timing whilst the Beat Snap Divisor was set to 1/4.

Normal: The pattern at the beginning spacing-wise is repeated way too much. The four corners over and over again gets old, fast. In some places you need to watch your beat-spacing consistency eg from Slider to note at 01:08:09. And from 01:13:21 (7,1).

Hard: Fast sliders are ZOOM fast. They're fun, but there's a bit too many of them. Break the patterns down to allow for more variety. Like what you did after the first break. 01:34:83 (4,5) - beat spaaaaacing! Stuff like this is a bit much, especially considering it's all in one combo (which should imply a consistency). The spacing at 01:58:35 (4) does a pretty good job, however.

You will need to fix the timing on Easy, Normal, Hard. Again, the Very Easy I've uploaded is not exact, but it's pretty close.

I think - I'm running off a flash drive atm (at work) so I don't know if it'll goof up or not. Should be fine.

Download: ID Software - I believe (Kai) [Very Easy].osu
Topic Starter
Kai

awp wrote:

timing's good, but the offset at 30s in is a bit wrong, which explains the funky beatsnapping behaviour. 30,393 I think.

Very Easy: After pointing out a few snap issues I decided to just upload the .osu - The map is a lil boring but it's "very easy", so I tweaked some of the sliders to reflect that. Because I don't wanna mess with the loud/soft sample sets that the timing is used for it's not a 100% exact offset pinpointing, but it's very well close enough.

In the future, when you want to use multiple timing points for the sake of swapping loud/soft samplesets, this should be the very last thing you do. Create the timing points by mouse-wheeling to the right snap-to point and adding a timing point through Ctrl+P, so that it's snapped and the offset lines up with the beat.

Easy: Right after the spinner you have that regular hitcircle which sounds cool, but is dangerously close to the spinner's end for an "Easy" map. In retrospect, I think you should bump them all up a difficulty. Very Easy becoming Easy and Easy becoming Normal, etc. A handful of notes are snapped to the quarter beat, so I'm suspecting a change was made to the timing whilst the Beat Snap Divisor was set to 1/4.

Normal: The pattern at the beginning spacing-wise is repeated way too much. The four corners over and over again gets old, fast. In some places you need to watch your beat-spacing consistency eg from Slider to note at 01:08:09. And from 01:13:21 (7,1).

Hard: Fast sliders are ZOOM fast. They're fun, but there's a bit too many of them. Break the patterns down to allow for more variety. Like what you did after the first break. 01:34:83 (4,5) - beat spaaaaacing! Stuff like this is a bit much, especially considering it's all in one combo (which should imply a consistency). The spacing at 01:58:35 (4) does a pretty good job, however.

You will need to fix the timing on Easy, Normal, Hard. Again, the Very Easy I've uploaded is not exact, but it's pretty close.

I think - I'm running off a flash drive atm (at work) so I don't know if it'll goof up or not. Should be fine.
i think i did all what is up here i hope so
awp
Here's more accurate timing for easy. Patterns on Hard and Very Hard were both good; I only looked through a bit of normal but remembered it being okay.

Easy is in my opinion timed to within ~4ms of perfection so it should be fine (unless someone else finds my .osu of it a travesty) but you'll have to retime the rest of the difficulties using the timing sections in easy yourself.

Download: ID Software - I believe (Kai) [I'm too young to die].osu
Vic
Bump because I want it to be ranked :<
Rolled
I've said most of this in IRC, but for the people not around at that time:

It is a repetitive song, however that does not mean it has to be a repetitive beatmap. I'd really like to see some different and more creative patterns within every difficulty.

Also, personal preference would be to remove the hardest difficulty. It is the same as the second hardest with just high difficulty settings. Not a fan of that.

I will star this though, if it hasn't been already.
chan
[I'm too young to die]
more or less ok, will look closer later
(checked and fine)

[hey, not too rough]
more or less ok, will look closer later

[hurt me plenty]
some notes should be placed on red and white ticks.
Shift these following forward by 1/4 of a beat
00:01:52 (3,4) -
00:02:84 (1,2) -
00:03:79 (3) -
00:09:10 (1) -
00:12:90 (1,2,3,4,5,6) -
00:15:93 (1) - all notes from here up til (and including) 00:22:00 (3) -
00:27:31 (1,2,3) - you'll also need to retime the break that immediately follows
00:30:72 (2) -

Ok now you have to redo the timing point, it should be
BPM: 158.18 Offset: 31,193
I suggest you do this without auto shifting the notes (do this in the timing setup window from the timing panel)

Then more of the "shift forward 1/4 of a beat" stuff
00:31:10 (1) - all notes from here up til (and including) 00:35:09 (4) -
00:36:22 (1,2,3) - Retime break after this as well

Timing point same as before: BPM=158.18 & Offset=37,262

more of the "shift forward 1/4 of a beat" stuff
00:39:45 (2) - all notes from here up til (and including) 00:44:76 (2) -
00:47:79 (7) -
01:01:45 (1) - all notes from here up til (and including) 01:13:77 (2) -
01:15:86 (1) -
01:17:38 (3,4) -
01:20:41 (3,4) -

Timing point same as before: BPM=158.18 & Offset=91,883

"shift forward 1/4 of a beat" stuff
01:31:79 (1) til note (6)
01:34:83 (1) - all til 01:37:11 (7) -

Timing point same as before: BPM=158.18 & Offset=97,952

Shift forward 1/4
01:40:52 (2) - til 01:43:93 (11) -
01:46:21 (1,2) -
01:47:73 (4,5) -
02:05:18 (0) - all notes til end

and also
02:02:14 (0) - should start 1/4 later (but end is fine)
chan
[i'm too young to die]
resnap all notes plz!

[hey not too rough]
first spinner should start and end on a white tick
then
resnap all notes plz!

[hurt me plenty]
resnap all notes plz!

[ultra violence]
resnap all notes plz!

[nightmare]
resnap all notes plz!

close to ranking~
chan
All issues addressed (as far as I'm concerned).
Rrrrrrrranking time~
Nightmare is daaaamn hard, but yeah, timing is fine. Like to see one of the pro osu players S-rank that :P

Also, I remember why I didn't like Doom: motion sickness. Other than that, it was a good game.
peppy
Offset is very off.

*delete all timing sections
*add first timing section: offset808 bpm158.18
*add other timing sections making sure you add them ON the white ticks
*drag notes back into place

also add a background image or something at least - i found this quite boring on the lower difficulties staring at some off-red colour.

debubbled
mtmcl
Debubbled until corrected.
awp
Hurt Me Plenty
00:05:92 (9) - Beatspacing inconsistency. One that actually may cause confusion due to the timing change.
01:31:47 (5) - Same thing.

NIGHTMARE:
00:03:27 (10) - slider overlapping is ;_____; bad
00:09:72 (7) - It looks cool, but slider overlap ;___;
Not pointing out all the slider overlaps, but you've got the point.
Aaaaaand no breaks <3 a NIGHTMARE indeed.
Also I find the difficulty retardedly high and therefore unplayable. Might want to mild it down, but to be fair, there's always Ultra-violence. If DOOM was retardedly high on NIGHTMARE mode, then yeah it's fine. Pretty unplayable though.

Pretty close though. (I did not rigorously check the easiest two difficulties.)
machol30
Okay, NIGHTMARE!! is not all that insane anymore. Passed with ease twice. Just increase the HP Drain a little I guess.

machol30
Is this going to get ranked? because I would just hate to see it not.
Saturos
NIGHTMARE:

00:39:68 (7) - Do something about this. Overlapping sliders must die.

Also, the spacing felt messed up on the final stream, whether intentional or not. Could use some reworking.

Everything else is ready for teh rankz.
Topic Starter
Kai
haha the overlapping is fun but if i need to remove it ok ill try to use some imagination
/me wrote this from his laptop which doesn't support osu! D: :( :cry:
ill fix it as soon i have either a new PC or my same PC reformatted
any of those is ok with me so cheers
MaxwellDemon
After some irc discussion and a rather minor fix... I find no problems with this map either. XD
Bubble'd.

Revoked because apparently Kai still want to add something. :P

And rebubble'd again.
Topic Starter
Kai
i ask once again do not rank this i have some other clever ideas for nightmare
LuigiHann
Oh, right. This was bubbled, then demoted to a star by author's request, so... re-bubbling.
awp
Okay the offsets are just a tad off:

Offset1:

Offset2:

Offset3:
37232 (this is only a change of 2ms so if you ignore it that's fine)

Offset4:

Offset5:
is fine I think. Maybe it's 2ms early who cares

The beatspacing on this map is reminiscent to some degree of older maps in that there are a few beatspacing inconsistencies. But timing is relatively intuitive in these areas and I don't get tripped up so I don't care.
show more