forum

Lil' - Rune Factory 2 Opening Theme

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kharl
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, February 09, 2009 at 2:11:16 AM

Artist: Lil'
Title: Rune Factory 2 Opening Theme
BPM: 128
Filesize: 11274kb
Play Time: 01:59
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.49 stars, 175 notes)
  2. Normal (3.01 stars, 131 notes)
Download: Lil' - Rune Factory 2 Opening Theme
Download: Lil' - Rune Factory 2 Opening Theme (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

The first Opening Theme from Rune Factory 2; a fantasy Harvest Moon style game for DS. No Easy difficulty this time because I can't make an easier map out of it.
MOOMANiBE
Neat stuff :D Dunno why this has zero posts.

Songs like this are the kind of stuff I like -- flows naturally and it's something I can get "into the zone" on without worrying about being tripped up by sneaky placement. there's so few of these! :( Am I the only one who just wants to enjoy a song sometimes? x_X;

Only one part threw me off, and it's the (9) hiding under the slider at 1:34:25. Up till then there haven't been any "hidden" beats underneath other ones and as it comes in the middle of a string of sliders, it really threw me off. I know a lot of you "higher up" beatmappers like to put in stuff to make sure people are paying attention, but given that the song was so easy to read up till then it did diminish my enjoyment a bit. I'm guessing you want to keep them in, but maybe you could give a bit of a cue beforehand by having some other sliders with beats underneath? Just to prepare players.

m980
Revived because Kharl wanted it revived.
Topic Starter
Kharl
Bump~
GladiOol
Offset 1890
Also inherit the other timing sections
I must say this is a pretty solid map, I couldn't really find anything.

Hard

Decrease drain rate by one (?)

Normal

Fine I think.
Topic Starter
Kharl
Offset corrected and timing section inherited. (I started working on this map way before the timing inheritance feature was introduced.) I still think the current drain rate for Hard is appropriate. The beat placement is not tricky and not very challenging so I need to ramp up the drain rate a little to compensate for that. Thx for the suggestions anyway. :)
mm201
I'm seeing an offset of 1896.

Normal: These 3/4 stacks might be a bit confusing to a Normal player. There also appears to be an ever-so-slight fluctuation in the spacing of 1/2s, which vary from not quite touching at all, to a couple grid squares of overlap.

Hard: Looks perfect! ^o^

Nice job. :)
Topic Starter
Kharl
Did slight tweaks in beat placement in Normal. I'm comfortable with 1890 offset so I didn't change it.
Rolled
It's always refreshing playing a kharl map.

Timing is fine at 1890. Nice use of hitsounds.

Nothing wrong with this one, bubbled.
foulcoon
I don't like the timing of this.... why have a x.998 BPM (are you sure this is right?)

BPM: 128
Offset: 1890 (sounds early, but works well so i'm fine with it)

Starred until this timing gets sorted out.
Topic Starter
Kharl
Huh? Strange... I swear I didn't use that weird BPM on purpose. Anyway, it is corrected. I also change offset to 1900.
Ivalset
I can't find anything wrong with normal or hard. Everything's intuitive and sounds fine, spacing looks fine to me, offset was fine for me as well.

Ranked.
Rolled

Ivalset wrote:

Ranked.
holy shit

edit: oh nvm its kharl map. I just saw ivalset post and jaw dropped.