forum

Bully (Canis Canem Edit)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Did anyone played the Rockstar game called Bully?
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Why isn't anyone responding?
awp
I haven't played it before. Looked kinda neat, like your typical rockstar game, but haven't had time.

Was gonna get the wii version, alas...Don't have it. Not yet at least. Don't know if I will get it.
chan
I read this got banned in Australia, but who buys games these days? Hah.

Well, console games maybe, but yeah...
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
chan
I find it really amusing that Dark Deception is such a big Hamtaro and KND fan, but still plays games by Rockstar
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
How about Shadow Hearts: Covenant? That game was fantastic. One of the best rpgs on PS2 imo
chan

awp wrote:

How about Shadow Hearts: Covenant? That game was fantastic. One of the best rpgs on PS2 imo
Topic deviation but meh
I haven't played many RPGs but I really liked FFXII on PS2. Willing to try out Shadow Hearts though.

I think Bully is kinda funny how it got banned for all the "sexual" content, such as kissing both girls and guys. At least it sounds a lot more structured than Rockstar's GTA games, which have too much freedom. I have the urge to play GTA 1 and 2 now
Slain087

chan wrote:

awp wrote:

Topic deviation but meh
I haven't played many RPGs but I really liked FFXII on PS2. Willing to try out Shadow Hearts though.

I think Bully is kinda funny how it got banned for all the "sexual" content, such as kissing both girls and guys. At least it sounds a lot more structured than Rockstar's GTA games, which have too much freedom. I have the urge to play GTA 1 and 2 now
...It got banned because of that?! Sheesh, Jack Thompson is rubbing off of all of the ratings boards these days.

I wish I had the money for this... But I can't, since I'm saving up for a DS and/or books for college next year.
awp
Bully seemed like a shot at the ratings boards when I first heard about it, like Rockstar was making this game just to push the envelope. After all the nonsense about GTA causing people to become criminals, they release a GTA-style game in a school setting? Without further knowledge on the subject, that sounds like a really dangerous idea.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

awp wrote:

Bully seemed like a shot at the ratings boards when I first heard about it, like Rockstar was making this game just to push the envelope. After all the nonsense about GTA causing people to become criminals, they release a GTA-style game in a school setting? Without further knowledge on the subject, that sounds like a really dangerous idea.
Well, luckily it was givin a T rating by th ESRB.
jonathan_old
Awesome game. I got up to chapter 4 and have the moped on the wii version.
Winterfaust
this game is really fun, it's no like other rockstar game (no drug, sex, death...) it's just more casual but don't have a really good framerate even on xbox360

Download: Cesar Franco - Mariposa (Gonzvlo) [Erufen-mon].osu
Vrize_Colobritz
i like this game :)
The first time I played in the ps2 version
hinamizawan
Bully was hella fun even if you couldn't kill anyone but what I found very unrealistic about this game were the nerds wanting to beat Jimmy up at the beginning of the game, nerds don't have the guts to beat someone IRL. The missions were funny and not terribly violent unlike GTA, at least you can mess around in the whole place and the cops and vigilants here will not follow you forever until you're dead.
Sal32
I finished the game like 10 times and still finding it's fun to play

I love the missions,the soundtracks and the gameplay.
T_A_M_A_S_H_I_old
Awww~ I love that game :'3 One of my favorites.
Shohei Ohtani

this is my favorite part of the entire thread.

Anyways, I bought bully for PC, since I wasn't allowed to get it beforehand for Wii or Xbox back when I had one. It's a fun game. The controls weren't always great for me, but I'm not sure if it was because of my PC / Controller or if it was part of the game. It was the first game I played and beat with my Logitech controller, and according to my friend who played it on every console, my settings were weird. Still, it's fun, and somewhat difficult. Last boss dissapointed me, but eh.

I beat the game on my laptop during a blackout, lol. Luckily I accidentally glitched through one of the bosses, otherwise I wouldn't have made it, lol.