forum

L'Arc~en~Ciel - READY STEADY GO

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
... :o

This thing needs the radioactive symbol. And I'm not saying this just because you used the background I used without giving credit. I looked at the map, and it's a freaking mess. That's the best way I can describe it.
Sinistro
*checks Geiger counter* Hmm, well, there is some radiation, but not a lethal level of it.

The first problem is that this song has been beatmapped a lot of times, and ranked twice. A song is not off-limits if it already has a beatmap, of course (as the existence of a second RSG beatmap obviously proves), but a new beatmap of the same song should be different enough from the first, yet still good on its own, in order to be ranked.

In this case, there are a number of problems. I'm not going to look at the timing, since if you're smart you will use the one from the ranked beatmaps that use this song.

- A large number of your circles aren't placed correctly to the beat. The thing that will help you most with that is an experienced ear, but that comes over time. For now, once you have perfect timing, you can be certain that a large number of circles should fall on white or red lines (whole or half beats), with less falling on yellow lines (quarter beats) and practically none on blue lines (eighth beats if you're using 1/8 beat snap divisor).

- Some of your combos are too long, like 36 circles long. Try to keep your combos at most 15-18/20 circles long, and even shorter than that the lower the difficulty version is.

- You've got Beat Spacing issues, e.g. the circles in 03:49:32 (13) and 03:49:32 (1) have too long a distance between them, considering how close they are on the timeline.

-You place some things overlapping each other, like circles on slider paths, etc. which should, generally speaking, be avoided.

-Try to use a different background so that people don't confuse your beatmap with another's, who also gave credit to the person in DeviantArt whose image he used.

I see from your profile that all of your submitted beatmaps so far use songs that are used in already ranked beatmaps. Like I said before, that does not mean that you can't use them in your beatmaps and it doesn't mean that they will not be ranked because of that. However, it is relatively more difficult to get them ranked. Since you are new to beatmapping, perhaps it would be better if you tried beatmapping some songs that haven't been used in beatmaps here yet. Don't be like your avatar, Wolf, who uses a variation of Fox and Falco's Landmaster in Super Smash Bros. Brawl! You've got an awesome Wolfen! Use that instead! ;)

Also, since this isn't Youtube, we can't "subscribe" even if we wanted to.