forum

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver - Biking Theme

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NoHitter
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 at 3:23:58 PM

Artist: Junichi Masuda
Title: Biking Theme (HG/SS)
Source: Pokemon: HeartGold/SoulSilver
Tags: Heart Soul Gold Silver Crystal Bicycle ds nintendo gamefreak game freak gameboy boy MittenMasterzz
BPM: 136.95
Filesize: 3920kb
Play Time: 01:40
Difficulties Available:
  1. Blackthorn City - Taiko (5 stars, 505 notes)
  2. Cerulean City (3.76 stars, 120 notes)
  3. Goldenrod City (1.99 stars, 90 notes)
  4. Victory Road (4.72 stars, 129 notes)
Download: Junichi Masuda - Biking Theme (HG/SS)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
The biking theme from Heart Gold and Soul Silver.
Taiko difficulty by MMzz!

I always loved this upbeat theme. (maybe because I was so impatient and kept on using the bike)
Garven
[General]
It's less than a minute of gameplay. You can at least do without copy/paste.

[Goldenrod City]
00:30:235 (2,1) - Quite the jump for the easy map. Then again, it's since you just pasted half the map. >:(

Rest is fine. I liked the hitsounds - nice and simplistic. Just... try to make the maps more interesting. Doing the same thing twice (even if it's just flipped) within one minute is really bleh.

MP3 with one more song repeat here. Offset will probably be different. I hope I got the repeating sections close enough to not screw with gameplay. =/
Xgor
[Tags]
Add DS and Game boy to tags maybe?

[Storyboard]
All the storyboard blocks is a bit misplaced and it looks kinda ugly (especially in CTB and when you watch it in the editor)
It's pretty easy to spot that goldenrodblock4 though <.<
Also I suggest you lower the framedelay on all animations from 500 (the standard in SBE) to 100 as it look much better ^^
Animation,Fail,Centre,"SBbikedown.png",320,240,4,500,LoopForever (the bolded part is the framedelay)

[Cerulean City]
00:11:834 (4) - Move one grid left (Level 3)
01:07:913 (4) - Move one grid right (Level 3)

Well that what I found, no mayor stuff found.
It's a bit repitive but some old video game songs tend to be repetitive as they are so short.
*star*
Topic Starter
NoHitter
Bah I redid the SB blocks to make them cleaner.
NaomiMinette
Lol, for a sec when I first saw the title (more specifically, "Biking Theme"), I thought it was the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum version of the bike music... This is what I get for reading too fast :?

Anyway, shouldn't the source be Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (no spaces between Heart and Gold, and Soul and Silver)? Also, you made a typo on Silver for the tags.

★ for you~
Shohei Ohtani
<3~~~.

Yeah first mod in a while.

Just a nazi thing in Crulean mode.

Whenever you have a pattern like this, add a clap on the repeat of each slider.

Other than that, <3~.
aRiskOfRain
Woop.
TheVileOne
Goldenrod City

Try a slider tick rate of 0.80. I found that it placed the ticks in an ideal location. Not sure if you intentionally wanted the ticks where thewy are now or not. If you did change the slider tick rate, then you will probably need to add a few timing sections in to adjust the tick rate for some sliders.

00:18:187 (2,3) I feel that the spacing is off here. try moving the notes 3 units down. Move 2 three units to the left and 3 three units to the right to retain the triangular shape.

00:19:939 (2,3) Same thing. Make the triangle larger.

01:14:265(2,3) Mirror the changes mentioned above.

01:16:018(2,3) Same.

Cerulean City

00:39:873(4) Move 1 unit to the right

Victory Road

00:07:015(1) Move 1 unit down

Overall the maps are well made and fun to play. So I'll give them a star.
NaomiMinette
Err... Okay, maybe I should be more specific:

Source: Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (absolutely no spacing between Heart, Gold, /, Soul, and Silver)

Also, do you really need Silver twice in tags?

Don't kudosu this post.
-Xero-
Hello,

Source: Remove Space between / and SoulSilver
Add a custom comboburst?

Easy
00:51:264 (2,3,4) - Nothing for an easy. Replace it with a short, reverse slider?

That's All.
Colin Hou
[Goldenrod City]:
  1. circle size-1?
[Cerulean City]:
  1. 00:52:141 (4,1) - there is new combo, but still suggest making them not so close
that's what I can find, good map and star~
Garven
Looks much better this time around. Only a couple suggestions, really.

[General]
The hit sounds feel a little too loud to me, but it's not that horrible either. Eh.

[Goldenrod City]
00:17:529 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Maybe before doing this rhythm as single beats, introduce the newbies to it with the slider patterns you use later on?
Luvdic
Golden rod city:

Too much abuse of hitsounds? Im wondering if there is any object without a hitsound at all. And btw, this abuse sounds too awful for me (the excessive amount of soft whistles already is hurting my ears) , you might want to ask for more opinions and decide to change it or not, or decrease volume to reduce the impact of the hitsounds... >_>

Cerulean city:

Same thing with the hitsounds >_>
00:23:006 (2) - Way too unexpected, and it doesnt even is snapped to any sound. The same for the rest

The rest is fine to me, didnt see any real problems in the map...
arien666
[Goldenrod City]
01:31:133(SB) - [Suggestion] Why bike appeared suddenly? ;_;

[Cerulean City]
00:38:997 (2,4) - [Suggestion] How about move 1 grid left?
00:42:502 (2) - How about move 1 grid right?
01:32:885(SB) - [Suggestion] Why bike appeared suddenly? ;_;

[DUNGEON Victory Road]
00:36:368 (3,4,5) - [Suggestion] I think making PERFECT triangle seems better :3 http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8858
00:49:074 (1) - [Suggestion] How about move 1 grid right?
00:51:702 (5,6,7) - [Suggestion] How about move 1 grid right? Or, you can change like 00:36:368 (3,4,5) :3
00:56:084 (1) - [Suggestion] How about move 1 grid left?
01:32:885(SB) - [Suggestion] Why bike appeared suddenly? ;_;

Well?
Nice song imo XD
Anyway, good luck :3
MMzz
Lol I love this. Star~

And if you want :3...

Download: Junichi Masuda - Biking Theme (HGSS) (NoHItter) [Taiko].osu
bmin11
Very relaxing and it goes really well with the music. It was much better then I imagined
arien666
[Blackthorn City - Taiko]
01:13:608 - Not good x0.5 imo... http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9137
[Suggestion] How about change all sliders into spin :3?

Good luck again orz

ps. Don't give this reply kudosu :3
MMzz

arken1015 wrote:

01:13:608 - Not good x0.5 imo... http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9137
[Suggestion] How about change all sliders into spin :3?

Good luck again orz

ps. Don't give this reply kudosu :3
Okidokie captin. Changed all sliders to dendens. Made .5 section x2. is that ok? o:

Download: Junichi Masuda - Biking Theme (HGSS) (NoHItter) [Blackthorn City - Taiko].osu
Sakura
[Goldenrod City]
00:30:235 (2) - Maybe make this into a 1/2 stack so that it stays centered? or make it go up instead of to the left?

[Cerulean City]
Fine

[Victory Road]
Falls into a pit... WEEEEEE

Idk... it feels like this beatmap has a rythm of its own instead of the song :< (Yes i did play it)

OMG... most random song to map ever... AND I LOVE IT +Star
Topic Starter
NoHitter

Sakura301 wrote:

[Goldenrod City]
00:30:235 (2) - Maybe make this into a 1/2 stack so that it stays centered? or make it go up instead of to the left?
IDK, IMO too hard for a beginner
show more