forum

Ranked Score Listing!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
http://osu.ppy.sh/index.php?p=player

This is calculated similar to ouendan/EBA - it is a cumulative total of your highest score for each set of beatmaps. This means if you complete the same song by the same creator on two difficulties, it will only take the highest of the two scores.

More will be coming to this list, but I think its a start!

Also - check out the new stats in profiles.
JacoPOP
so.. you're telling me that I have do download and play ev'ry single bloody song on the site and play it again and again (even the horrilbe ones) if I want to appear on the ranking?!

I hate ya.. :evil:

:D

EDIT: no, seriously..

Won't it be (poor english) easier and more effective to divide the songs in groups.. and make them available in "series" of 5?
In EBA it makes sense because there's a limited number of songs to play..

EDIT2: Oh god the member profiles are sooooo coooooooooooooooooooool! :o (guys click on your names!)
Topic Starter
peppy

JacoPOP wrote:

so.. you're telling me that I have do download and play ev'ry single bloody song on the site and play it again and again (even the horrilbe ones) if I want to appear on the ranking?!
No? Not for now at least. Obviously, the more songs you do master, the higher you will be on the list. I think this is the fairest way to rank, but there will also be other categories in the future - such as accuracy, hours played, total notes hit etc.

This metric is open for discussion though - if anyone thinks they have a better idea, or just totally disagrees with this calculation, please voice yourselves.
Kylecito
Nice work on that ranking!
On rhythm games, there's always a side that goes for combo, and a side that goes for accuracy... Personally, i'm more fond of accuracy. I mean, what's the point of calling it a rhythm game if the high score you got off the 300 combo is composed mostly by 100s?

Of course that's how ouendan works, and as a simulator, it's obvious it'll reflect score in the same way, but it would be VERY nice to have at least a web ranking based only on accuracy, where it doesnt matter if that far away note screwed your hyper combo, as you have been getting 300s like crazy.
Ivalset
Well, if you can get that hyper combo and maintain a decent accuracy...

Accuracy plays a pretty heavy part in letter rankings, especially when going for those elusive shiny S ranks.

Mmm, shiny.
Extor

peppy wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/index.php?p=player

This is calculated similar to ouendan/EBA - it is a cumulative total of your highest score for each set of beatmaps. This means if you complete the same song by the same creator on two difficulties, it will only take the highest of the two scores.

More will be coming to this list, but I think its a start!

Also - check out the new stats in profiles.
Wait... are you telling me that all the hours I spend playing the 3 other difficulties in Ouendan and EBA didn't make my score go higher!?

Bleh, I still got the higher rank on them, but you sure about that?! WTF?

Oh, I need to check that. Nice addition! XD
Kylecito
In ouendan/eba the difficulties are individual scores, or else it'd be impossible to get 50 millions for ranking unlocks with only 17+ songs, don't you think?

*smacks peppy*
Topic Starter
peppy
Can someone confirm this? I'm pretty sure I read the contrary (and experienced it when playing the game). The scores in cheerleader add up quite fast as each one is in the 1-5million range if I recall correctly - so 50m+ isn't hard to achieve.
Extor
Ok, I'll see it.

I currently have 110.160.018 points in Ouendan 2. (I don't know if it's possible to reach that amount with 1 song highscores though)

I'll highscore an easy song and see if it goes up.

EDIT: Ok. It was easier to do, I didn't play the last hidden song in easy, in a single playthrough (I must say that everything went slow motion and I did a very poor score) I did 153.532 points (I have a record of 4millon in cheerleader difficulty). Let's see if it adds the score...

TOTAL SCORE: 110.313.550

Conclusion: All the difficulties make the total score, not only the high score in a song. I beleive it's true for the other 2 too. I can check it if you want.
Topic Starter
peppy
That's interesting :o, I stand corrected.

But I still think only taking hardest is better for osu! at least. Don't you agree? It gives people that aren't as good a way to get closer to the same ranked scores.
Extor
I agree with you on that one. I prefer playing only the most adapted-to-me version of a song and if that song is the hardest one, I usually don't touch the easier levels. (Happened with ouendan 2... NOT the 1 I played a lot of that one XD)

EDIT: Now I have a question. Does the difficulty of the song (stars, number of notes, etc) influence the math you do with the combo multiplier?

I mean, if it isn't, scoring high without a perfect in a hard song can be less rewarding than scoring perfect with an easier difficulty.
Survivor_old
I'm not good enough for those massive 5 star, 5 minute songs full of ever so tiring spinners that leave your hand shaking. I keep doing easy songs (up to 4 stars), and I'm a bitch to get S ranks, or at least full combos. I don't feel satisfied if I don't score myself a full combo, seeing as combo is the thing that matters the most to your score.
Ivalset

Extor wrote:

EDIT: Now I have a question. Does the difficulty of the song (stars, number of notes, etc) influence the math you do with the combo multiplier?

I mean, if it isn't, scoring high without a perfect in a hard song can be less rewarding than scoring perfect with an easier difficulty.
If I recall, the number of stars a song has directly influences the combo multiplier.

For example, if two songs have the same beatmap composition(number of notes, spinners, sliders), and one of the beatmaps is one star harder than the other, then the harder beatmap will produce a higher score.