forum

Counting Crows - Accidentally in Love

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 8:28:42 AM

Artist: Counting Crows
Title: Accidentally in Love
BPM: 69.05
Filesize: 5173kb
Play Time: 02:56
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (0.65 stars, 112 notes)
  2. Easy (0.53 stars, 68 notes)
Download: Counting Crows - Accidentally in Love
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Well, this is my newest beatmap, requested by Kidwii since this song only fits the picture.

Sorry 31Gabe, but I win.

Updated: Timed right, shorter breaks and all but one slider are heart shaped.
Updated: New 'Normal' difficulty, thanks to Agent BA8 Rookbie for the request.
Updated: BPM tweeked to 69.05, thanks to Maybelater_x.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
How come no one's responding or downloading?
mrtn
Because it's boring. You should make a higher difficulty, and you should time the taps better. Most are completely random.
MaxwellDemon
I am guessing he might want a timing check before he maps the other difficulties?
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

31Gabe wrote:

NONONO! It has to stick with KND and it DOESN'T!
Like I said, I win.

To MaxwellDemon and mrtn, because I want to have an easy beatmap for the newbies, doesn't mean it's boring or random.

Also, maybe it does need a slight tweek on the offset and BPM.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
OK, this isn't bad, but...
Well, I have to agree. It is boring. You should at least make a higher difficulty. I mean, I love this song, and I'd like to see a fun and challenging beatmap for it.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

Agent BA8 Rookbie wrote:

OK, this isn't bad, but...
Well, I have to agree. It is boring. You should at least make a higher difficulty. I mean, I love this song, and I'd like to see a fun and challenging beatmap for it.
Well, It's an easy song and eventually, I'll make a normal difficulty setting.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
MaybeLater_x
I come, with bundles of suggestions. ;)

Your breaks are very long... I know this is an easy song and this map's supposed to be easy, but practically half the map is a break. One of my peeves is having really long breaks - it gets boring, and I want to swap to other things I could be doing like talking on MSN and then it starts again and I don't realise and I fail and it's just generally not good for my health. :P Perhaps shorten your breaks if possible, but if not then it doesn't matter.
The slider at 0:52 begins and ends in the same place -- you don't know which direction to go at the beginning. I'd suggest making the start and end not overlap so you can see which way you're supposed to go.
^-- Ditto at 1:57.
The heart at 1:45 doesn't... look much like a heart, at the minute. I think the sides of the heart are too rounded, and I'd suggest making them straighter. Oh I just noticed the heart at 2:29 -- make it look more like that one. :)

Right.
Now down to the major issue.
The timing's very off in this beatmap.
I think 69.00 is an appropriate BPM. I set the offset to 715, but when you play the song the 1st beat is actually the 3rd beat so it sounds a little iffy - but overall it still works well.

Try adding these pointers in. Resnap all notes, manually change the ones that don't sit right. I'd probably work to a more sparce beat level -- all beats appear to be on the notes, so there's no need to set your thingy to go for 1/4 notes. Of course, I completely murdered your sliders so you'll need to adjust the speed and such.

Good luck with this. :)
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
I'm getting the beatmap edited for you, Maybelater_x, but you want to know where the slider ball will move from? Here's a screenshot.

MaybeLater_x
:P I realise that now, but my point is when you're playing the map for the first time you may not realise which direction you're supposed to start on and it's generally frowned upon. If you have snaking sliders then you may be able to get away with making the right decision but it's down to chance most of the time.

Anyhow, I'm glad you're making changes - give me a nudge when you're done.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Got help from Maybelater_x and added a Normal difficulty by Agent BA8 Rookbie. Now It should get some praise.
MaybeLater_x
This map is looking better now. :)
I'm glad to see you've takens ome changes into account.

However, I think I got the BMP wrong.
I tried it again and I got 69.05 -- if you like, you can try changing the BMP to that and then resnapping all the notes and seeing if it sounds a little better. I noticed that when you'd changed te BMP last time you didn't snap all the notes into place - but then, my BMP wasn't perfect so I can't blame you. :lol:
Hopefully 69.05 will work a bit better.

Keep at it. :]
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Tweeked the BPM with Maybelater_x's help.
MaybeLater_x
LOL I'm SO sorry dear! I have a few more changes that I've only just noticed. I've put the offset too early - you need to change the offset to 1,100.

Hopefully this'll be the last time I have to give any more corrections out. XD I'm sorry. :oops:

Oh, and DON'T FORGET to RESNAP ALL NOTES. Everytime I update the map the BMP's been changed to how I said you should, but the notes haven't been snapped in place! To resnap all notes, click "Timing" at the top (next to "File" and "Edit") and then choose Resnap All Notes (it's in red, you can't miss it).

Play it through and make sure everything's snapped nicely. This should be the last time I have to leave any more feedback. :P Anyone else got any critique?
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.