forum

Lagerfeldt - R-Type (Doppelganger Summer Remix)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CheZDa
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 24. elokuuta 2010 at 21:28:25

Artist: Lagerfeldt
Title: R-Type (Doppelganger Summer Remix)
BPM: 130
Filesize: 6088kb
Play Time: 01:43
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1,95 stars, 109 notes)
  2. Hard (4,95 stars, 539 notes)
  3. Xgor's Normal (3,49 stars, 243 notes)
Download: Lagerfeldt - R-Type (Doppelganger Summer Remix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Decided to try some storyboarding... The map isn't finished yet, just need some help. I have no experience in scripting so this stuff is hard for me.

04.06.: Resurrected, Hard and Easy finished, storyboard is kinda meh but i'm too afraid to do anything, some weird stuff keeps happening when I move stuff...
06.06.: Remade Easy, having a tough time with Normal, I hate making non-native difficulties
07.06.: SB stuff... and fixes by Xgor and AngelHoney
10.06.: Nivalis'd
29.06.: Added Xgor's Normal
07.08.: hitsounds inspired by v0xyy~ in Hard
Topic Starter
CheZDa
Ffff, why can't you update maps that are in the graveyard? (need resurrectin' if by some chance someone who can do it reads this)
Tatsuo
Hai here's a mod for ya~

[Overall]
BPM and Offset are fine.
I lol'd at your storyboard. I liked it.
The only thing that bugged me is how [Easy] is so much shorter than [Hard, and also a lack of a normal difficulty.
You also need a difficulty under three stars or it won't get ranked... Right now you're kinda pushing it with that three star [Easy].

[Easy]
The only thing I didn't like for this difficulty is that you put notes on blue ticks (1/4) after 01:28:615. I don't really like when 1/4 divisor is used on an easy difficulty. Other than that, the map is fine.

[Hard]
I love the way you mapped this.
Just one thing. I wasn't really too fond of 02:57:692, of how the sliders lead up to the "laser sliders." But that's just me.
Other than that, great map.

I loved this map.
You can have this.
*star*
Topic Starter
CheZDa

I_Tatsuo_I wrote:

[Overall]
The only thing that bugged me is how [Easy] is so much shorter than [Hard, and also a lack of a normal difficulty.
You also need a difficulty under three stars or it won't get ranked... Right now you're kinda pushing it with that three star [Easy].
Yeah, the Easy diff is kinda a mix of easy and normal, i'll redo Easy and do a Normal

[Easy]
The only thing I didn't like for this difficulty is that you put notes on blue ticks (1/4) after 01:28:615. I don't really like when 1/4 divisor is used on an easy difficulty. Other than that, the map is fine. I didn't know what else to do, I suck at making Easy difficulties.

[Hard]
I love the way you mapped this.
Just one thing. I wasn't really too fond of 02:57:692, of how the sliders lead up to the "laser sliders." But that's just me. Umm, I'm open to suggestions how to make it better
Other than that, great map.
Thanks for the mod and the pointy thing...
AngelHoney
All

maybe you need to add a nice BG ?_?

Hard

01:03:232 (3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,4) - unsnapped ._.
02:25:498 (4) - ^

Easy

fine

SB is fun :3
Topic Starter
CheZDa

AngelHoney wrote:

Hard

01:03:232 (3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,4) - unsnapped ._.
02:25:498 (4) - ^
Fixed (I think... no idea how those got unsnapped in the first place).

The starfield is the bg... I just need to get the r-type title to show up as the thumbnail. I tried adding it as the bg and then add a fadeout in the osb but I guess that didn't work.

Anyway thanks for checking out the map and that shiny thing. Glad you liked the SB. :p
Xgor
[Background]
As being said before, this has no background. And even if you have a storyboard you need one.
Make a picture or something of the beginning (With the R-Type logo). It would be perfect

[Storyboard]
(Holy shit, the ship movement takes up a lot of space)
Great storyboard, surprised this is your first!
Well here's some suggestions.

Maybe make something fly by (Like the laser first time) every time when there is a warning, would be a nice effect.

One cool thing would be that the R-Type logo flashed every time he said R-type

Maybe add the "Lyric" storyboard the second time he is talking?

Another cool thing would be if you used Fail/Pass layers at the end and if you failed the ship explodes!

[Easy]
It kinda feels stripped as this is much much shorter than Hard. (Although it's not that obvious if you play it first)

The mayor usage of 1/2 makes is pretty hard to read for being a Easy especially if you don't know the song.

01:13:384 (3,4) - Move these 1/2 backwards on the timeline.

[Hard]
Great stuff.
I suggest you lower the HP drain it feels more like an Insane like now :/

02:57:692 (1,2) - Move one grid to the right (Level 3)

02:06:000 - Maybe add a small break here? (For the HP drain)
03:06:000 - ^

Great stuff, a normal is needed but maybe somebody could make one?
Well here some stars for great justice!
*star + kd star*
Topic Starter
CheZDa

Xgor wrote:

[Background]
As being said before, this has no background. And even if you have a storyboard you need one.
Make a picture or something of the beginning (With the R-Type logo). It would be perfect
*tear* The r-type logo is the bg now, I hope it's good enough for the background inspectors!! :lol:

[Storyboard]
Maybe make something fly by (Like the laser first time) every time when there is a warning, would be a nice effect.
The thing is... I don't want to reuse the lasers every time and I don't got any ideas what else I could have fly by

One cool thing would be that the R-Type logo flashed every time he said R-type
Done, mmm... cool. :roll:

Maybe add the "Lyric" storyboard the second time he is talking?
Also done.

Another cool thing would be if you used Fail/Pass layers at the end and if you failed the ship explodes!
I have no idea how the Fail/Pass layers work

[Easy]
It kinda feels stripped as this is much much shorter than Hard. (Although it's not that obvious if you play it first)
I felt it got too boring when I mapped past the current end and I couldn't make it better so I just cut it

The mayor usage of 1/2 makes is pretty hard to read for being a Easy especially if you don't know the song.
People will have to deal with it, unless someone else wants to make a better Easy diff to replace it with.

01:13:384 (3,4) - Move these 1/2 backwards on the timeline. What, they belong there.

[Hard]
Great stuff.
I suggest you lower the HP drain it feels more like an Insane like now :/
Thanks and I lowered it 1 notch...

02:57:692 (1,2) - Move one grid to the right (Level 3) Eagle eye

02:06:000 - Maybe add a small break here? (For the HP drain)
03:06:000 - ^
Done

Great stuff, a normal is needed but maybe somebody could make one?
That would be awesome as I'm getting nowhere with my normal...

Well here some stars for great justice!
*star + kd star*
C-C-Combo ^_^
Phew, that was some moddage. Appreciate the ideas/mod/stars!

Edit: Aaaand ofc I forgot to add the bg to easy... I'll do it later...
Niva
Random modding :P

[Easy]
Eh.. Why no background?
00:31:615 (2,3) - It's blocking the storyboard. Perhaps move somewhere else?
00:41:538 (2) - Add clap at end?
00:44:653 (1) - This is an Easy... Don't place notes too close after the spinner, beginner players need time for recovery. Perhaps like this?
01:13:384 (3,4) - Move 1/2 earlier.

EDIT:

[General]
Why the background is in .png? It doesn't contain transparency. Use the .jpg that I attached (it helps reduce the filesize)

[Hard]
00:36:345 (6,7,8,9) - Move one grid down.
01:43:153 (6) - This note sounds bad... Perhaps delete this note?
02:25:845 (1,2,3) - This is just a suggestion, perhaps like this?
02:27:461 (1) - Try hitsound whistle

Whew, awesome storyboard, feels like watching a movie :P
Star! +kudosu star
Good luck, I want to see this ranked :P
Eh... No, the Easy isn't hard, but that part just too difficult for beginners.

Topic Starter
CheZDa

Nivalis wrote:

[Easy]
Eh.. Why no background? Eh indeed (the bg should be there now)
00:31:615 (2,3) - It's blocking the storyboard. Perhaps move somewhere else? A bit better now
00:41:538 (2) - Add clap at end? felt out of place (I know there's a clap in the song there but still)
00:44:653 (1) - This is an Easy... Don't place notes too close after the spinner, beginner players need time for recovery. Perhaps like this?
Damn those beginners (done) :roll:
01:13:384 (3,4) - Move 1/2 earlier. I think it sounds a lot better where they are now

I'll mod the Hard when I have time. Whew, awesome storyboard, feels like watching a movie :P
Star!
The SB was supposed to be a lot more awesome but making the whole thing turned out to be a bit too hard for me :(
Thanks for the mod and the star.

...Also why is making easy difficulties so hard?

EDIT:

Nivalis wrote:

[General]
Why the background is in .png? It doesn't contain transparency. Use the .jpg that I attached (it helps reduce the filesize)
The .png is only 7kb bigger...

[Hard]
00:36:345 (6,7,8,9) - Move one grid down. done
01:43:153 (6) - This note sounds bad... Perhaps delete this note? Sounds good to me?
02:25:845 (1,2,3) - This is just a suggestion, perhaps like this?
The note continues after the first slider ends so it seems kinda illogical to stack the sliders if you get what I mean. I changed that part a bit though.

02:27:461 (1) - Try hitsound whistle I silenced most of the spinner ends, imo it fits better.
Sorry for going "against" your modding but I guess we see things differently, appreciate it anyway. <3 for the extra star!
Xgor
Because this need a Normal and I want this map ranked I made a Normal ;)
Download: Lagerfeldt - R-Type (Doppelganger Summer Remix) (CheZDa) [Xgor's Normal].osu
Feel free to change anything you dislike with or don't accept it if you dislike the whole diff.
Topic Starter
CheZDa

Xgor wrote:

Because this need a Normal and I want this map ranked I made a Normal ;)
...And you're totally awesome for doing that. ;)

Played well and it's different from my style of mapping so I didn't change anything because I was afraid I'll ruin it. :D
Mianki
Storyboard looking nice and the map was fun too ^^
Didn't found nothing
Star~
Topic Starter
CheZDa
Thanks for checking out the map and ofc the star. ;)
v0xtrot
basically flawless map, imo. i got some suggestions for minor sound changes though on Hard, as always. but as i said, you can just skip these if you like how your map sounds, i do too - but these changes make it SPICY.

00:59:308 (2) - whistle
01:00:001 (5) - ^
01:00:693 (8) - ^

01:03:001 (2) - ^
01:03:692 (5) - ^
01:04:384 (8) - ^

01:06:693 (2) - ^
01:07:385 (5) - ^
01:08:077 (8) - ^

01:10:385 (2) - guess what i want you to do here
01:11:077 (5) - and here
01:11:769 (8) - and here
01:11:999 (1) - i want this to start on a whistle, it sounds awesome.

01:13:846 (1) - start on a whistle
01:14:769 (4) - full whistlar
01:15:462 (6) - start on whistlarrrr.

01:17:539 (1), 01:18:231 (2), 01:19:153 (4) - why no whistle here? seriously? wat.

anyway, unless it goes against the very core of your being and your map, think about putting some whistles in on these and similar parts for spicy spices.

and we continue...

02:00:000 (1,2,3,4,5) - i seriously considered putting hardwhistle on all of these, that would be pretty lol as well as wowsome. that might be a bit too much though, you decide.

02:04:500 (6) - these 2 sliders need whistle
02:05:423 (9) - like, really

02:07:384 (1,2,3,4,5) - put it into consideration. i think it would be rad, but once again, might be a bit too much for your clean map.

02:29:769 (2,5,8) - and we're back to the 258 whistle pattern. i think it sounds cool, but it's your map.

02:59:076 (1,2,3,4,5) - ohey
03:03:577 (3,6) - whistle again

03:06:461 (1,2,3,4,5) - not this shit again

03:10:153 (1) - whistle
03:10:961 (2) - whistle on the last 3 parts of this slider

and that's it, whistlemod is done. love your map, going to star it and might do a difficulty for it. :>
Topic Starter
CheZDa
02:04:500 (6) - That was pretty much the only place the whistle made it sound spicier! :P

...Added some of the stuff you suggested. I went with a 151 pattern instead of the 258 (added those after the middle of the song). The whistles at the 2x sliders would have been a bit too much. :lol:

Here's a double rainbow for the star.
Cyril Scarlet
wow ~ cool SB lol ~ ~ ~
Alace
Very nice mapset+SB

<Xgor's Normal>
02:29:538 (1,2) - clap on red lines ? *there are some cases like this)
03:23:076 (1,2) - claps on blue ticks ?
Topic Starter
CheZDa
Hmm, I guess the claps do sound a bit out of place but they give the map some flair... Meh, I'll just take them out.
heintsi
I find this mapset really cool, keep up making maps :D

+props for epic sb that doesnt hurt anyone's eyes, it's rare nowadays.
show more