forum

Koji Nakagawa - relations ~ Nightmare PV Remix~

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vytalibus
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on December 6, 2010 at 11:30:43 PM

Artist: Koji Nakagawa
Title: relations ~ Nightmare PV Remix~
Source: The IDOLM@STER
BPM: 115
Filesize: 15985kb
Play Time: 03:00
Difficulties Available:
  1. Dream (1.67 stars, 163 notes)
  2. Nightmare (4.73 stars, 376 notes)
Download: Koji Nakagawa - relations ~ Nightmare PV Remix~
Download: Koji Nakagawa - relations ~ Nightmare PV Remix~ (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
A dark, ominous rendition of "relations" from The IDOLM@STER.

Custom hitsounds and advanced SBing aboard.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
I don't think it's a bug or a glitch, so I think this is the appropriate place for posting this.

My coding for this particular storyboard is:
 L,3189,207
F,0,0,261,1,0
F,0,261,522,0

If it's not clear to you guys, this code loops a fade transformation 207 times. I made it so that the events are synced with the beats (hence the 522 part; it constitutes the offset of the beats). For the early part, it looks sync, but by the second half of the loop, this happens:

Note how the keyframes now look wonky and such.

I want to know how looping works exactly: is the timing inside the loop really added exactly to the runtime of the entire storyboard, or is there a very subtle factor that might contribute to this?
Sakura
[General]
Are you gonna add more difficulties?
Maybe add another break around this 01:02:637 to make another break that's more evenly spaced with the other breaks?

[Nightmare]
Try OD 7?

Ehh, that's all i can think of Nice map +Star!
Xgor
[Hitsounds]
The soft-hitfinish is quite loud compared to the rest and that's kinda annoying.
I suggest you tune it down a bit.
Otherwise great!

[Storyboard]
The Foreground red.png has a massive clutter of unnecessary fade keyframes around 03:09:494. Remove them.

[Dream]
03:00:103 (1) - (suggestion) I kinda expected this to more centered (maybe to her heart pendant instead)

[Nightmare]
00:40:755 to 00:55:363 is a bit cruel due to the pretty high HP drain. (For me atleast :P )
02:06:842 (2) - (suggestion) Add circle here
02:07:363 - ^
02:07:885 - ^
02:14:928 (8) - I think it's a good idea to flip this slider horizontally as (6) is covering it 100% so it's pretty hard see if it's a slider or a circle :/
03:00:103 (1) - Same as in Dream (It no mayor problem but think but it looks pretty odd, especially if you playing without the video)

Great map, a difficulty between Dream and Nightmare feels almost necessary though so please make one.
Well here's a star then
Topic Starter
vytalibus

Xgor wrote:

[Hitsounds]
The soft-hitfinish is quite loud compared to the rest and that's kinda annoying.
I suggest you tune it down a bit.
Otherwise great! The finish hitsound was a direct copy of the one from the template, so I thought it was fine. Lowered the volume, anyway.

[Storyboard]
The Foreground red.png has a massive clutter of unnecessary fade keyframes around 03:09:494. Remove them. Holy crap, I didn't realize that. What happened to that, anyway? A glitch that I didn't get? Thanks for the catch, though.

[Dream]
03:00:103 (1) - (suggestion) I kinda expected this to more centered (maybe to her heart pendant instead) I was aiming for her head... Now that I said it, it does seem awkward.

[Nightmare]
00:40:755 to 00:55:363 is a bit cruel due to the pretty high HP drain. (For me atleast :P ) I see. I'll change the single-note combos into sliders instead. Maybe that'll work?
02:06:842 (2) - (suggestion) Add circle here
02:07:363 - ^
02:07:885 - ^Unlike the earlier suggestion, the duration doesn't span for too long, and the sliders already make up for it.
02:14:928 (8) - I think it's a good idea to flip this slider horizontally as (6) is covering it 100% so it's pretty hard see if it's a slider or a circle :/ Fixed.
03:00:103 (1) - Same as in Dream (It no mayor problem but think but it looks pretty odd, especially if you playing without the video) ^ [Dream]

Great map, a difficulty between Dream and Nightmare feels almost necessary though so please make one. I do have problems trying to make a difficulty between Dream and Nightmare. Maybe someone could make one for me, if they want?
arien666
[General]
Artist : Koji Nakagawa
Source : The IDOLM@STER
[ Data from http://www.idolmaster.jp/imas/game/02_02relations.html ]

Good luck XD
Mismagius
Dream
01:39:189 (1) - maybe this is style... but there is a little spacing error, little nazi but meh

Nightmare
It's too awesome for me :(

Epic map. Star. Sorry for short mod :(
ouranhshc
i didn't find anything :D
Larto
revived
Krisom
Modding~

General-
Maybe add a silent sliderslide?

Dream-
01:35:015 (1) - /nazi/ not symmetryc, maybe move the 5th control point one grid right and then the middle control point some pixels down (with grid snap off)? It should look like this
Nothing to mod here, it's great

Nightmare-
Awesome

Seriously, this is pure awesome~
Topic Starter
vytalibus

Krisom wrote:

Modding~

General-
Maybe add a silent sliderslide? No can do. At least, I can't find a sound file that fits in there.

Dream-
01:35:015 (1) - /nazi/ not symmetryc, maybe move the 5th control point one grid right and then the middle control point some pixels down (with grid snap off)? It should look like this Done.
Nothing to mod here, it's great

Nightmare-
Awesome

Seriously, this is pure awesome~
Thanks.
Beuchi
Hi!~

Remember these are just suggestions you can always ignore :P

~All Diffs~
- Delete this file: "The IDOLM@STER - relations ~ Nightmare PV Remix~ (vytalibus).osb". You already have the .osb with the new name of the map so this one is unnecessary. Remember to Full Submit the map after doing this.
- Maybe add an epilepsy warning? The flashes aren't so strong, but they're strobing for the whole map so imo it's better to have the warning...
- Add "The IDOLM@STER" To Source?

~Dream~
- Not a big deal, but I would decrease the HP Drain one or two ticks. The map is easy enough, but imo the drain it's a bit too harsh for newbie players

~Nightmare~
02:04:233 (1) - Flip horizontally?

Pretty nice map, I love the symmetry <3. I miss a medium difficulty though, the difference between easy and hard is a bit big, but besides that, the map is awesome, good job!!
*star*

EDIT: Fixed thread title.
jericho2442
well do what beuchi said about the pointless extra osb xD
i also think this really needs another diff.

i will add this though, is the SB really needed? the video suits this song great and to me the SB just got in the way of the video :X

you need a video offset of -200 ....wow this video is wierd, it seems to randomly go out of sync xD

[Dream]
as beuchi said again, huuuuuuge drain for a easy, please lower it :/

01:29:276 (5) - this needs a Whistle hitsound to follow your hitsound pattern

[Nightmare]
(suggestion) 00:18:581 (8,9) - this spacing feels right to play, but i thought i would let you kno that it does break your spacing ;) i find moving (9) out better, but thats TOTALLY opinion and im not saying to change it unless you really think this plays better since the way it is plays great too, check pic to see what i mean

02:36:320 (8,9,10) - same as above

-----------------------------------
these maps are great very fun and you 100% get my star :)
Topic Starter
vytalibus

Beuchi-chan wrote:

Hi!~

Remember these are just suggestions you can always ignore :P

~All Diffs~
- Delete this file: "The IDOLM@STER - relations ~ Nightmare PV Remix~ (vytalibus).osb". You already have the .osb with the new name of the map so this one is unnecessary. Remember to Full Submit the map after doing this.
- Maybe add an epilepsy warning? The flashes aren't so strong, but they're strobing for the whole map so imo it's better to have the warning...
- Add "The IDOLM@STER" To Source?
Everything above done.

~Dream~
- Not a big deal, but I would decrease the HP Drain one or two ticks. The map is easy enough, but imo the drain it's a bit too harsh for newbie players I'd agree.

~Nightmare~
02:04:233 (1) - Flip horizontally? It doesn't really matter if it's flipped or not. The long sliders are more to cause some kind of drag along that particular part.

Pretty nice map, I love the symmetry <3. I miss a medium difficulty though, the difference between easy and hard is a bit big, but besides that, the map is awesome, good job!!
*star*
Trust me, I've tried to make a medium difficulty, but it's so hard to do so without compromising one of the current difficulties. Besides, what would I name it?

EDIT: Fixed thread title.

jericho2442 wrote:

well do what beuchi said about the pointless extra osb xD
i also think this really needs another diff.

i will add this though, is the SB really needed? the video suits this song great and to me the SB just got in the way of the video :X
The SB is only in the Fail section, so it doesn't really appear all the time. It adds some sort of omen in gameplay.

you need a video offset of -200 ....wow this video is wierd, it seems to randomly go out of sync xD
After some tests, I found that the current offset of 0 is much better synced.

[Dream]
as beuchi said again, huuuuuuge drain for a easy, please lower it :/
See above.

01:29:276 (5) - this needs a Whistle hitsound to follow your hitsound pattern
Done.

[Nightmare]
(suggestion) 00:18:581 (8,9) - this spacing feels right to play, but i thought i would let you kno that it does break your spacing ;) i find moving (9) out better, but thats TOTALLY opinion and im not saying to change it unless you really think this plays better since the way it is plays great too, check pic to see what i mean
I've tweaked the pattern a bit so it looks more symmetrical and beautiful.

02:36:320 (8,9,10) - same as above
See above.

-----------------------------------
these maps are great very fun and you 100% get my star :)
James2250
I agree that an in between difficulty would be nice but it isn't too bad at the moment so will let it pass (you could call them Dream, Nightmare, Night terrors...yeah ok idk)
Some people don't like the gray combo color because of multi, just commenting on that, I don't mind it

Dream:
Slightly higher HP Drain than I normally see on the easiest difficulty, but the map is pretty easy so shouldn't be too bad

Nightmare:
00:17:798 (6) - new combo to follow your previous patterns?
02:35:537 (6) - ^

Basically is ready for bubble in my opinion~
(don't kudosu btw)
mekadon_old
Is the artist Koji Nakagawa or the other way around? :3
Songstar
Topic Starter
vytalibus

mekadon wrote:

Is the artist Koji Nakagawa or the other way around? :3
Songstar
Nope, this is how it's really named.
James2250
(Was just randomly playing this song and saw 1 or 2 things)

Cut off the small white line on the left side of the background?
You might want to disable letterbox during breaks as it looks strange with the words at the top/bottom at the moment

Dream:
02:27:189 (1,1) - sounds odd with 2 finishes next to each other to me

Nightmare:
02:28:233 (6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - notes could be more evenly spaced

ok goes back to playing songs I like~ (don't kudosu this as I modded earlier)
Alace
back to WIP
ztrot
timing fix and away we go~
show more