forum

Senri Manaka - Tori no Uta (Juusoukikou Dancouga Nova OP)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Motto_old
Well, here it is. My first completed beatmap, enjoy, and if anyone has comments or issues let me know.

http://peppy.chigau.com/files/Senri%20Manaka%20-%20Tori%20no%20Uta.osz
Extor
Nice beatmaps you have here! You did all the 4 difficulties too! =O

I tried to see all 4 but in the hard I died halfway and in the insane... well, I can't last too much time on that one.

Really a good job with all of them, they have some parts added for each difficulty and they go along the song perfectly.

The only thing I can say about the 4 is the fact that they lack breaks, you know, for the people like me that try to test every single beatmap and destroy their hand in the process. (Lol, I'm joking about the "people like..." part)

Aside that, the beatmaps are great! Awesome job for your firsts beatmaps!

I'll make sure to play your next ones!

Cya!
Topic Starter
Motto_old
It's good to hear that you like it. I did a lot of play testing, and I mean a lot, and I still can't beat hard (I've gotten close, really close). As for the insane mode, I'm not even going to try to finish it. :mrgreen:
I'm just going to let others twitch over it. :twisted:

Adding breaks, hmm. I can play hard twice before my hand starts to shake, lol.
I'd like to get some more feedback before I commit to adding some breaks to the song.
Demicol
I played trough the map/song on Normal and Hard, and I don't think any breaks are necessary. On normal just before the last the three beats/notes, there's a gap with nothing in it that might kill someone with low health. A break might be good there, but it would feel kinda stupid since there are only 3 more beats/notes left.
Extor
I didn't say that like a must have for this one. Only to take it into account just to let people reposition the mouse or press "esc" if they have to do something without pausing in the middle of the play. That's all.
Topic Starter
Motto_old

Demicol wrote:

I played trough the map/song on Normal and Hard, and I don't think any breaks are necessary. On normal just before the last the three beats/notes, there's a gap with nothing in it that might kill someone with low health. A break might be good there, but it would feel kinda stupid since there are only 3 more beats/notes left.
Thanks for trying my beatmap, and for your feedback! :)

I've found that on normal you need to have less than a sixth of a health bar left to fail that gap in the song, and that the relative easiness of the last few combos can give you more than you need to finish. So I don't feel the need, at the moment, to change it.

Extor wrote:

I didn't say that like a must have for this one. Only to take it into account just to let people reposition the mouse or press "esc" if they have to do something without pausing in the middle of the play. That's all.
I didn't think it was a must have for this one. I wanted to get more feedback from others before I considered adding breaks into the beatmap. I don't have a problem repositioning my mouse in between some of the slight pauses in hard mode, so I never considered it necessary to insert breaks specifically for that purpose. I am however open to inserting longer pauses/breaks if I get a lot of feedback saying that it is an issue.
Topic Starter
Motto_old
Ok, so I just tried Insane mode for kicks ... holy shnikies batman!
So yeah, I toned it down a bit :oops: . It might actually be passable now.

I've updated the link from the first post, so anyone who wants a passable Insane mode please download the latest version.