forum

Don't Stop Me Now - Timing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GSR_old
So I've started work on a beatmap for Don't Stop Me Now by Queen. Now, the beatmap itself is early, but I just wanted to know if I've got the timing about right. 154 BPM seems about right to me, but it seems like it gets a little off-beat later in the song.

http://peppy.chigau.com/files/Queen - Don't Stop Me Now.osz
Extor
Try with BPM: 156,21 and an offset: 35.271
If you want to add notes to the first part, I think you should use a timing point, because this song changes BPM at the start (exactly at the offset I sent you).
peppy
Keep in mind those ',' and '.' symbols are opposite for Extor to what you might expect ;). Don't go trying to put a decimal millisecond value in the offset!
Topic Starter
GSR_old
I only have a few notes at the very start, and as such I didn't time that little section. I tried that BPM/offset, though, and they work great. Thanks. :D
Extor

peppy wrote:

Keep in mind those ',' and '.' symbols are opposite for Extor to what you might expect ;). Don't go trying to put a decimal millisecond value in the offset!

Oh! the program actually uses my decimal configuration!?

You made my last 10 minutes of my day, Peppy. I mean, I was actually impressed by the fact that there was a "." in the offset and thought it was a decimal for the seconds. XD

No problem about the BPM, I love that song so I'll be waiting it. =D
Topic Starter
GSR_old
Well, provided I don't screw things up too much, I'll be able to make Easy, Normal, and Hard versions of it, though I'll just go with Normal for starters.

Also, I have learned the value of sliders. You don't want to see what my attempt at *asterik was like, it was worse than Scatman. :P
Extor

GSR wrote:

Also, I have learned the value of sliders. You don't want to see what my attempt at *asterik was like, it was worse than Scatman. :P
Wow, that's too much. I don't want to see that.

Think that Scatman could have been even more of a circle massacre, but the spinners and sliders came to the rescue in some parts. XD