forum

Three Days Grace - Time Of Dying

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Alieax
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 12:24:04 PM

Artist: Three Days Grace
Title: Time Of Dying
BPM: 99.2
Filesize: 5064kb
Play Time: 03:01
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (0.97 stars, 143 notes)
  2. Hard (1.56 stars, 183 notes)
Download: Three Days Grace - Time Of Dying
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Three Days Grace - Time of dying WITH HARD MODE AND NORMAL MODE! Enjoy!

This map was compleatly redone.

Took mtmcl and sinistro's advice and set the bpm and offset to something good.
Shush_old
This map is good. So is the song itself.
However.
Normal's Beatspacing is problematic. You don't really have any idea when to press next, so you listen to the music and mostly click in the speed of the Beatspace - closer buttons will be pressed faster, and vice versa.
You have to use Distance Snap to determine the space needed for the best gameplay. The beatspacing made me fall about 5 times.

In Hard the map's beatspacing is good. But here's another problem arises: the repeating overlaps of the buttons in the same place. This is good since it matches the beat, but when there's one in the middle of them, you don't really notice it and you miss this one. You got it 2 times in this beatmap and I fell twice. =P

Fix those problems and I'll re-test this map. It's good.
Topic Starter
Alieax

Shush wrote:

This map is good. So is the song itself.
However.
Normal's Beatspacing is problematic. You don't really have any idea when to press next, so you listen to the music and mostly click in the speed of the Beatspace - closer buttons will be pressed faster, and vice versa.
You have to use Distance Snap to determine the space needed for the best gameplay. The beatspacing made me fall about 5 times.

In Hard the map's beatspacing is good. But here's another problem arises: the repeating overlaps of the buttons in the same place. This is good since it matches the beat, but when there's one in the middle of them, you don't really notice it and you miss this one. You got it 2 times in this beatmap and I fell twice. =P

Fix those problems and I'll re-test this map. It's good.
Okay! they're all fixed now! :D
James
BPM: 99.18(or double it)
OFFSET: 7440

mtmcl
Try BPM 99.2 offset 19500

(I assume James' offset and bpm might also be right since they're probably not much different and I'm tired.)

For future reference, it's always safe to check your timing with a mod before you start mapping if you're unsure. This saves the pain of having to fix all the notes manually.

Sorry if I sounded mean on IRC.
mtmcl
Looking a lot better as far as timing notes goes, and things are a lot less scattered. I think I saw at least one overlapping slider in Hard-Long.

Next step is to really work on the spacing. Turn on distance snap and adjust each circle. You're definitely making more sensible patterns, but you're gonna want to make sure the spacing is good.

(I'd give you more effective help, but I always end up modding right before I go to sleep...) :(
Topic Starter
Alieax

mtmcl wrote:

Looking a lot better as far as timing notes goes, and things are a lot less scattered. I think I saw at least one overlapping slider in Hard-Long.

Next step is to really work on the spacing. Turn on distance snap and adjust each circle. You're definitely making more sensible patterns, but you're gonna want to make sure the spacing is good.

(I'd give you more effective help, but I always end up modding right before I go to sleep...) :(
Ty for helping me with this, Really appreciate it! :) :)
Kyriptonite
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.