forum

Coldplay - The Scientist

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iSephi
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, May 04, 2008 at 9:39:31 AM

Artist: Coldplay
Title: The Scientist
BPM: 73.25
Filesize: 7189kb
Play Time: 03:49
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (1.91 stars, 275 notes)
Download: Coldplay - The Scientist
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This song actually, kinda changed my life with the flash animation it came with on albinoblacksheep.com

It's called mario back to the start, and it is probably the most influential flash animation ever.

Watch it, it'll change your views on life, and terrorism, give you a new insight.

Thanks for listening...
Duoprism
I like this song, so I'll mod this for you.

0-1.5 stars is generally considered Easy, so change that in your difficulty.

While doing that, change the Sound Set to Soft. It's a peaceful song so it suits it better.

You'll need to change the BPM and offset of the song. Try this:
BPM: 73.25
Offset: 93

You'll also need to access the timing panel and make it into 4/4 Simple Quadruple. This doesn't really have an impact on the map but it helps with timing issues.

Then go to the Timing menu and Resnap All Notes and Recalculate Slider Lengths. From here, you'll need to move/delete/add/lengthen/shorten notes that make or don't make sense.

Beat spacing is also an issue in this map. If you're going to use the same rhythm, then you'll need to start from the first beat and enable Distance Snap. Hold 'Alt' and check that the distance spacing is set to 1.0x. Once you've done both, you'll need to go through the map and click on each beat (apart from the first beat). It should move a set distance from the previous beat based on how fast the song is and how fast the slider is. If you find that it doesn't move and you see the Distance Snap icon is red, either one of two things has happened:
1) The beat is too close to the previous beat and you should move your mouse around while holding to see if it places itself anywhere.
2) The beat is too far away timewise from the previous beat and it can't be placed anywhere. In this situation, hold Alt (this will temporarily disable Distance Snap) and place the beat anywhere you want.

The rhythm seems fine for the difficulty.