forum

BrainCells, SnappleMan - Scrambled Eggman

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
machol30
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 at 9:12:12 AM

Artist: BrainCells, SnappleMan
Title: Scrambled Eggman
BPM: 160
Filesize: 4630kb
Play Time: 03:03
Difficulties Available:
  1. Beginner (0.74 stars, 122 notes)
  2. Normal (3.01 stars, 219 notes)
  3. Eggman (4.69 stars, 355 notes)
Download: BrainCells, SnappleMan - Scrambled Eggman
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Here is a remix of Boss theme from Sonic & Knuckles. Completed with Beginner, Normal and Eggman diffuculties.

edit:fixed Normal and Hard difficulties to Rolled's suggestions.

And if you're willing to go for a challenge, I present The Eggman's Challenge (that is not to be played!!). (If you want it, it is in the sixth post of the first page of this beatmap's thread.)
Simply move the osu file into the the song's folder.
There may be a few timing issues there and one part which I put notes randomly around that I need to fix still (and too lazy), marked by the bookmarks.

Download: BrainCells, SnappleMan - Scrambled Eggman (buraimaster1234) [The Eggman's Challenge].osu
Topic Starter
machol30
Okay, I'm just wondering. If this gets ranked, and I update my "The Eggman's Challenge" difficulty on the first post, will the whole thing get messed up, as in the scoreboard and other stuff? or will it just stand still?
Rolled
Do you plan on the challenge difficulty to not get ranked? If so, then no there shouldn't be any problem.

As for the other difficulties, pretty fun song. A few spacing things in hard threw me off though.

Hard
Must-fixes:
1:00:39 - the 12. Too close.
3:00:20 - Snap these at .8 distance. This distinguishes it from the stream before it, with all of the new combos bettter.

Things that threw me off:
34:70 - Snapped a bit further than that rest of the half beats. Got a 50 here.
1:24:20 (and all the similar sliders) I think it would help a lot if the note on top of the slider was just a bit closer to the start of the slider. The gap is similar to 34:70, only a bit further I think.
2:32:17 - I think this should be snapped at 1.2 distance at the greatest. Due to the weirdly timed beats, proper spacing should be issued to make sure there is no confusion.

Normal
1:13:70 - unexpected, as it's the first half beat note and it's spaced relatively the same as the full beats. Maybe stack it on top of the other slider? Either that, or make it closer.

No problems with easy.

You tore it up on hard mode man. Awesome job mapping to the guitar line, works great. Starred.
Topic Starter
machol30
Okay, updated, and as for The Eggman's Challenge, I feel it's too hard for rank, plus its insane MaxScore.
Kai
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
machol30
Here is The Eggman's Challenge if anyone wants it:

Also, bumping.

Download: BrainCells, SnappleMan - Scrambled Eggman (buraimaster1234) [The Eggman's Challenge].osu
Topic Starter
machol30
bumping again.
Kai
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
machol30
Bump.
And by the way, is it possible to rank only specific difficulties of a beatmap?
Saturos
Not that I know of, so you should probably reupload without the Challenge map.

Also, I want a confirmation on the timing. It seems to go off in places and may need multiple points.
RemmyX25
Easy:
~I see nothing wrong with Easy here! :)

Normal:
~Not bad, my only cents I can throw in is that the hit circle size be a tad larger. Not important, but I'm throwing words in.

Dr. Ivo Robotnik:
(aka Eggman)
~01:57:39--02:03:76 Distance snap this a bit better... not by much, but only a tad.
~Killer solo, dood. :D

I think this one's just about ready to be ranked!
peppy
Argh what a noisy song.

-Timing-
Seems fine.

-Placement-
Fine

-Difficulty-specific Analysis-
Easy
Only problem I have is that the 1/1 beats get pretty boring after a while. And this map isn't short either. But this isn't enough to stop it being ranked.

Overall: 6.5/10 (rankable)

Normal
Pretty fun. Still too long for me :P.

Overall: 7/10 (rankable)

Eggman
I actually got quite far in this. Seems fine. But noisy >.>
03:03:39 (16,0) - You need to change this overlap before this map can be ranked.

Overall: 7.5/10 (rankable)

-Status Change-
Starred pending changes mentioned above.
Topic Starter
machol30
-Beginner-
Shorten it?

-Eggman-
Do you mean overlay as move 16 away from the center? or move the spinner up in the timeline (if that, then all difficulties have it)?
peppy
Discussed burai's above questions on IRC. All fixed now, and ranked.
Topic Starter
machol30