forum

El DeBarge - Who's Johnny

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Behon
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 at 9:25:29 PM

Artist: El DeBarge
Title: Who's Johnny
BPM: 110.39
Filesize: 3914kb
Play Time: 02:12
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.76 stars, 57 notes)
  2. Normal (2.5 stars, 131 notes)
  3. Hard (4.27 stars, 196 notes)
  4. Insane (4.76 stars, 250 notes)
Download: El DeBarge - Who's Johnny
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
No disassemble Number 5! Am alive!

Feel free to comment.

6/10/08: Fixed break issues in Easy.
6/11/08: I've bumped the circle size up by 1 for each map (Something I'll be doing from now on since I feel it's more proportionate to the actual Ouendan/EBA DS screen), and adjusted the placement a tiny bit so circles don't have sloppy overlapping where it's not meant to be. Also finished adding whistles and finishes.
6/18/08: Done!
6/30/08: Or not. Fixed some spacing in Hard and Insane.
07/01/08: Fixed via Peppy's suggestions.
MOOMANiBE
This song is surprisingly catchy O-O;;;

I really like it overall. Quite fun to play, easy to get the hang of, cute song. The intro is kinda (30+ seconds?!) long, but that's just a nitpick since it's skippable.

One teeensy little thing bugged me, though! The combo that starts at 2:54:19 has a weird spacing inconsistency. From the end of the (1) slider to the time when you hit (2) is 1/2 a beat. But the time from (3) to (4), which has the same spacing and is right afterwards, is 1/4 a beat. Because it's mid combo, I suspect it'll throw a lot of people off. ^_^;; How about scooting (4) closer in space?
mtmcl
Number Johnny Five! If you had a mouth, I would wash it out with soap!

Looking good. Take Moom's advice. I want to see this completed, so get to work on those other difficulties.

Your timing checks out just fine.
mtmcl
Hmm... I'd like some other opinions on the timing before I'm ready to FULLY approve, but I'll give this a star since it stands above the rest.
Topic Starter
Behon
Does anyone else have comments on the timing and whatnot?
MOOMANiBE
I don't have any complaints about the timing. Like it!

However, I can't bubble this quite yet; there's some -serious- spacing issues with the beginning parts of Hard and Insane, and maybe a bit later in the song too. I think you might want to go in with your distance spacing at 0.5x and alt-space everything, just to be safe. Afterwards, I'll see if I can go over it in more detail ^_^;
Topic Starter
Behon
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Saturos
Bubbled.
peppy
-Timing-
Perfect

-Placement-
No problems.

-Difficulty-specific Analysis-
Easy
Fine

Overall: 9/10 (rankable)

Normal
Fine. A few too many breaks for my liking.

Overall: 8/10 (rankable)

Hard
Hmm, interesting move with the slider sticks on 3.. This doesn't work in most 4/4 songs, but I don't think it sounds too wrong in this (especially during the chorus). Just keep in mind that this is a weird combination and should be used with caution.

Overall: 8.5/10 (rankable)

Insane
Hmm, I can't agree with the whole "flip and raise difficulty sliders and we have an insane!" logic. Either remap this to be a bit different from hard, or remove it from this set.

Overall: -/10 (NOT rankable)

-Status Change-
Reduced to star pending above changes.
Topic Starter
Behon
Insane has been remapped, and both it and Hard have been given 4 slider ticks.
peppy
The remap is fine, but you still need to make it harder... can you try placing some more beats in there? At the moment it just feels like Hard v2.

Attached is an example of what I would do for the chorus which is around 1:11:00. If you improved other sections like this, it would make a really fun insane map. If you can't figure out what I did from the screenshot, I'll be happy to attach an .osu.

Topic Starter
Behon
Difficulty upping has been done to Insane.
Topic Starter
Behon
Heads-up: I'm leaving for a vacation tomorrow and won't have computer access for a good two weeks, so I want to try and perfect this tonight. Can any mods tell me some problems that could prevent this from being bubbled or ranked now?
peppy
Seems good. Previously bubbled + all mentioned changes made = Ranked.