cscommando
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on May-08-08 at 9:12:03 PM

Artist: Shadeambush
Title: This Is Sparta (edit)
BPM: 140.32
Filesize: 13717kb
Play Time: 02:00
Difficulties Available:
  1. Cscommando's version (3.5 stars, 184 notes)
Download: Shadeambush - This Is Sparta (edit)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I know this is already submitted but I had to fix it cause of the timing errors and I love this song :D
Hope my version is any good XD
MOOMANiBE
Yeeeowch. Your first beatmap, I'm guessing? It seems like you're having a fair bit of trouble, so here's some advice.

1: Make SURE you get your BPM and offset right. The metronome should tick to the time of the music. I think something more like 140 BPM, 1500 offset would work much better.

2: The "first" difficulty seems to be entirely snapped on a 1/1 beat scale. Have you looked at the beat snap divisor slider in the top right of the editor? That will let you get some more variety with your placement.

3: Beat spacing is needed. Beat spacing makes it clearer when to hit the beat by distancing beats that are farther apart. Hold ALT when laying down your beats to let the computer calculate it for you. Don't just place your beats randomly!

4: Try not to "compensate" for having a bad BPM by manually placing beats like you did in the "second" difficulty. It leads to very inconsistent timing, and timing is everything in Osu. ^_^;;
If you're going to do manual placement, make ABSOLUTELY sure that the timing is dead-on.

5: Why only regular beats? Try some sliders and spinners using their buttons on the left. For that matter, don't make the whole song one giant combo. Use the New Combo button on the right after 5-10 dots.

6: Please crank down the difficulty sliders. It's silly to have them jacked up so high, especially when you're inexperienced.

I'd suggest reworking the entire song from scratch, and maybe reading some beatmapping FAQs. Learning to use the interface is vital for making good beatmaps!

EDIT: 7: Please, don't ever place a beat at the very very beginning of the song, It appears before the screen finishes fading in and therefore guarantees the player will miss it.
Duoprism
That final note only applies if you don't have lead in time. If you apply lead in time in the map you can place the beat on the first beat. But I think I would recommend that you start again and begin when the actual music starts, after the first This is Sparta. Consult the FAQ in the Beatmap Help forum for assistance.

As a side note, refrain from making another beatmap until you get this one ranked. This will serve as good practice for future beatmaps as well as finding out if you are suited to make them. Certain people in the community don't get this and they are not respected within the community. Hopefully you won't be one of them.