Play Time: 02:19
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.6 stars, 134 notes)
  2. Hard (4.17 stars, 258 notes)
  3. Insane (4.45 stars, 305 notes)
Download: Bowling For Soup - High School Never Ends
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hey. :) This is the first beatmap I've submitted so I just thought I'd sent it to the help section to see what people think of it? Obviously it's only one difficulty so far, but if the hard difficulty is all right then I'd be encouraged to do an easy and normal too. :D

So, any thoughts?

10th May: Normal mode completed.
11th May: Easy mode completed + Moved to Complete Submission.
16th May: Insane mode completed + Touched up beginning of Normal.
14th June: Changed beat placing to make it a little more interesting + Moved a few notes in Insane.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Hm...
Well, I tried it.
Hard is excellent, well mapped.
Now Normal, when the "Oh oh etc." bit at the start and at other parts seems off to me, but that's me.
So yeah, pretty decent for a first time map.
Topic Starter
MaybeLater_x
Oh goddamnit!!

Normal is Easy mode. I made a Normal Mode and then apparently I saved over it with the Easy difficulty!! I can't believe that. <_<

I do see your point. I tried to keep it really simple but it's more complicated when you do it on the beat than when you actually follow the tune.

I'll try and sort things out... Dunno what I'm gonna do about my missing Normal mode. >_< I guess I'll just have to start from scratch...
Agent BA8 Rookbie
That's cool.
I just look for songs I like, then I download 'em. And you asked, and I said yes.
Only good thing to do.
Anyway, keep up the good work. Hopefully, it'll only get better.
Topic Starter
MaybeLater_x
I'll fix up the beginning of normal mode and leave that as the normal difficulty. Later on it gets more difficult and can be classed as Normal difficulty. I'll start trying to put together another Easy and see if it's worth it. Hopefully I can pump the third difficulty out, but we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for checking the map out, btw. :] Much appreciated.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Welcome.
That all sounds cool.
You could try doing an Insane mode.
Topic Starter
MaybeLater_x
Right, Easy's been uploading (I pray) and I'm about to just re-upload Normal with the editted beginning.

I never thought about including an insane mode... I'll try one out. It seems that hard was my better one so it should be better than my easy, assumably. :roll: :P

I'll get on it.
:idea:
LuigiHann
Not bad so far.
Topic Starter
MaybeLater_x
Just bumping to try and make sure this beatmap doesn't die an unholy death.
Does anybody have any suggestions?
I'm not sure if all the overlapping notes on insane make it a little too difficult... What does everyone else think?

MaybeLater_x
ROMaster2
I remember playing this a while back and really liked it.

I'll check it again sometime soon.
Puffles
Holy crap! I discovered this song on Pandora yesterday, and thought about mapping it, but chose not to. What a coincidence!

You have some spacing problems that make some parts of the levels confusing and annoying. If you're going to copy and paste sections (which is generally inadvisable to begin with), rotate or flip them so they at least seem somewhat different. Adding the whistle sound to an entire string of 10+ notes usually sounds annoying; try figuring out how to get it to sound good if you add it to just a few notes in the combo. Finally, in hard mode, try not to put everything on a straight line, and don't stack tons of notes on top of each other. It feels rather boring for a "hard" level.
Topic Starter
MaybeLater_x
I've taken into consideration Puffles' suggestions and re-done parts of hard and insane mode.
Is it better now?
ROMaster2
[Easy]:
01:47:85 (1) - Jumped at me, I know it's too the lyrics but on Easy it's kinda bad.

[Normal]:
02:10:51 (1) - Overlapping beginnings and ends are bad, confuses people.

[Hard]:
00:36:57 (4-5) - The Beatspacing around this kinda got me.
00:38:63 - Do we need a break that short? Try filling it, even if it's easy.
00:58:31 (1) - The Beatspacing around this kinda got me too.
01:13:12 (3) - How thing were going before strike this out of place.
01:35:61 (1-2, 6-7) - Beatspacing problems again.
01:50:99 (1-5, 1-6) - Seems a bit rough even for Hard, works for Insane though.
02:04:30 (1-9) - More Beatspacing problems (This time it might just be me though)
02:19:10 (1, 1) - Make these a little closer.

[Insane] I usually have a hard time criticing
Topic Starter
MaybeLater_x
Umm.
Fuck.

I accidentally deleted my easy difficulty.
o_O
I'm assuming I'll just have to do it again?

MaybeLater_x
LeMoonwalker
The same thing happened to me too.
If you haven't turned your computer off since you deleted it, then you can recover it using this program for example.
If you did turn your computer off since then, but that was still recently, I suggest you still try, you never know... ;)
chan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
MaybeLater_x
I'd like to bin this, I think.
The difficulties got messed up so much and I deleted them by accident and god knows whatever else, so I'll just be done with it for now.
>:(

To the graveyard!
Thanks.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Graveyarding, since you asked.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.