forum

Ai Otsuka - Sakuranbo

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Echo
I'm surprised no one has done this song yet, so here's my beatmap.

This one has Easy, Normal and Hard mode. Most people should be able to do Easy. Hard is more like Insane, but I'm leaving it as hard.

Video is included.

Download: Ai Otsuka - Sakuranbo (Easy, Normal, Hard) [5.89MB]

And yes, I can pass all three modes. I always make sure my beatmaps are doable before uploading them. Replay upon request.
eyup

Echo49 wrote:

And yes, I can pass all three modes. I always make sure my beatmaps are doable before uploading them.
I share that philosophy :D

A nice set of beatmaps - very well made. The difficulties are really well done and Hard is pretty challenging - I managed to pass it after 5 tries, but only just.

Great work!
eyupz
Extor
I still didn't manage to beat hard... and it isn't a very long song! Arrrghhh! XD

I only know this song from "Taiko no tatsujin DS" and I even didn't knew the name of it. It's a nice and short song.

All the difficulties fit very good and the variation on them is great.

SOMEDAY! I'll beat hard, I promise! ;)
peppy
Am I the only one that finds the offset way too late? I can't get 300s on the hard version no matter how hard I try. 10,333ms sounds a lot better!

Other than this, AWESOMELY well made beatmap. With Ootsuka Ai being one of my favourite artists, I was hoping someone would do this song justice, and you have :).
Topic Starter
Echo

Extor wrote:

I still didn't manage to beat hard... and it isn't a very long song! Arrrghhh! XD

I only know this song from "Taiko no tatsujin DS" and I even didn't knew the name of it. It's a nice and short song.
Actually, the full song is around 4 minutes. I cut it down to the same length as the one in Taiko though, because I wanted to make a "nice and short" beatmap ;)

peppy wrote:

Am I the only one that finds the offset way too late? I can't get 300s on the hard version no matter how hard I try. 10,333ms sounds a lot better!
10333 is too early on my computer. I'm currently experimenting with other offsets. What do others think?

The beginning spinner is making my hand hurt =P

edit: I've set it to 10400 at the moment. I agree that 10415 was a tiny bit too late, but 10333 is definitely way too early. Please test and comment!
peppy
Actually, 10370-10380 sounds pretty good. I guess I overdid it a bit with 10333!

Edit: One more thing - there shouldnt be a break at the end of the song :o. This will screw with calculations a bit and not be visible in gameplay at all.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
I took a look at the offset, and found the right spot. 10354. Just adjust the notes to fit, and bam, perfection. Also, note: If you select all of them with CTRL + A, it'll make the resnap a LOT faster. =D
Topic Starter
Echo

peppy wrote:

One more thing - there shouldnt be a break at the end of the song :o. This will screw with calculations a bit and not be visible in gameplay at all.
At the moment, I have a break at the end of each song to make the background turn back to the actual color of my background. I haven't noticed any problems with it yet, but if there really is a problem, then I'll change it.

edit: I've changed the offset to 10,380. This should be a good offset to use.
eyup
The small differences may be due to sound card latency (especially peppy's onboard piece of crap :mrgreen: ). I'm not sure if mine lags or not, but I found a very precise value of 10,400 for offset by slowing the song down to 0.25x and matching the metronome at that speed. (I really should add that tip to the beatmap making guide). But 10,380 sounds pretty good to me.
peppy
My XFi actually agrees with 10380-10400! Time to stop timing on my laptop >.>

I might try introducing the automatic offset calculation code I've had commented out in the next release. It seems like our sound cards all have their own ideas of when to play audio.

Edit: Added to rankings.

Edit2:

Top 5 most-played beatmaps:
Ai Otsuka - Sakuranbo (82 times)

IF I HAVE RSI, IM SENDING YOU THE BILL!

Seriously though... after playing this song quite a bit I have to say it one of the few maps that *really* feels like an Ouendan Hard/Insane level in terms of difficulty and patterns. Very well done :D
Topic Starter
Echo

peppy wrote:

Seriously though... after playing this song quite a bit I have to say it one of the few maps that *really* feels like an Ouendan Hard/Insane level in terms of difficulty and patterns. Very well done :D
I try to copy the Ouendan style for my beatmaps to give it an "authentic" feel :D

peppy wrote:

IF I HAVE RSI, IM SENDING YOU THE BILL!
=P
[deleted user]
Great stuff! Played it a few times, took peppy's score down, and almost FCed it. :P

A few comments/suggestions:
The circles at the end of sliders are tough to get used to. I'm trying to remember if I had trouble with these in the DS games, but I don't remember that. :?
The beats after the spinners come too soon after the spinners end. There should be a bit more space, since it's tough to go from spinning like crazy (where you're not able to tell where the pointer will be at the end) to relocating it and hitting the beat marker that comes next correctly.
And the spacing in some parts is a bit inconsistent. The one that comes to mind is at the 25 second mark with the orange 1-2-3-4, where the spacing is the same on the 1 and 2 as between the 3 and 4, even though one is a 4th gap and the other is an 8th gap.
Extor
If you mean the circles that appear right in the end of a slider, those never appeared in any DS game. There is lots of stuff that you can do here and it wasn't done in Ouendan/EBA, I think they didn't add those things to keep things tidier.
Topic Starter
Echo

sanchny wrote:

The circles at the end of sliders are tough to get used to. I'm trying to remember if I had trouble with these in the DS games, but I don't remember that. :?
What Extor said ^^^

sanchny wrote:

The beats after the spinners come too soon after the spinners end.
That's done intentionally to add to the challenge. =D

sanchny wrote:

And the spacing in some parts is a bit inconsistent. The one that comes to mind is at the 25 second mark with the orange 1-2-3-4, where the spacing is the same on the 1 and 2 as between the 3 and 4, even though one is a 4th gap and the other is an 8th gap.
Oops! I always try to keep space between beats the same as the timing, but I didn't notice that one before. I think it's fine the way it is though.
Meracath
The drain on normal difficulty is way too high. Miss like 3-4 notes and it fails you.