forum

Parappa 2 - Hair Scare

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MOOMANiBE
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, June 07, 2008 at 6:13:27 PM

Artist: Parappa 2
Title: Hair Scare
BPM: 105
Filesize: 11805kb
Play Time: 02:49
Difficulties Available:
  1. Fluffy (2.24 stars, 150 notes)
  2. Frizzy (4.39 stars, 201 notes)
Download: Parappa 2 - Hair Scare
Download: Parappa 2 - Hair Scare (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Whew! Looks like I'm only ending up with two difficulties after all. This song has one particular unusual aspect I want to mention:
"Frizzy" mode operates on an idea I came up with for the middle segment -- each word corresponds to its own kind of slider. Some people seem to get this right away, while others are confused. If you're wondering about the strange beats there, this is why.

I recently replaced the old MP3 with a newer, higher quality version. If this causes any timing issues, let me know. ^_^
Agent BA8 Rookbie
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
MOOMANiBE

Agent BA8 Rookbie wrote:

OK, I looked at this map.
This is excellent. I could go on saying how good it is, but I would fill a load of pages.
I just have one complaint.
The parts near the end, look the same on Fluffy and Frizzy.
Other than that, one of the greatest maps I've seen. I now like this song, this map, and I want to play Parappa.
Thanks ^^;;

Actually, "Fluffy" is still WIP and I haven't even mapped most of it. That's why you thought that it was the same.. it was! XD
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Oh. I didn't notice. Well, either way, great work. I might try suggesting songs at some point.
LuigiHann
How's this coming along? This song is a lot of fun. I found a video, which could be cool to use as a background, if you can get it to sync up.

It'll be good to have some Parappa represented in Osu.
LuigiHann
Just played through the two you posted, and I don't really think you need a third difficulty, if you're having trouble getting it to work right. I think the two you have work fine as easy/normal and normal/hard, really.

I could probably bubble this now, but I'm going to star it to give you time to think about what you want to do for the difficulties, and for the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LRJg0k2YDU

Also I really like the "word sliders" idea, but as I said in IRC, I keep stumbling over "snip." If nobody else has had this problem, it could just be because I suck at osu. So you can keep it as is, if it's just me.

[Edit: Just noticed that this is still in WiP. So... still starred.]
Sinistro
I can clear the "snip" sliders. Since I'm not really a top player, I assume they aren't too hard (sorry Luigi ;) )
I think there are some long jumps though. With the higher dificulty, that's not much of a problem, but in Fluffy:

- Distance between 00:56:76 (6) and 00:57:62 (7) seems a bit long. I think horizontal flipping the 7 slider and rearranging it a little on the grid will be ok.
- Also between 01:10:19 (2) and 01:11:33 (3). I'd suggest keeping them where they are but rotating them 180 so that their start points face inward. Come to think of it, you might want to do that to the 1 and 4 sliders in that combo too, so that all start points are close to the grid's centre.
- Same for 01:46:19 (2) and 01:46:67 (3). I can tell you're going for a mirroring effect here, and if you bring them closer you won't have place for the 5 slider, so it's a tough fix if you want to preserve the mirroring.
- 02:16:33 (4,5,6,7) Make 4 and 5 overlap for starters, then switch the positions of (4,5) and 7 on the grid so you can keep the pattern.

Also I think it would be better if you disabled the countdown since it falls on Hairdresser Octopus's words.

Finally, Frizzy has some objects falling on the fading trail of other objects at one point. Although I'm not too hot about that, I won't consider it in approving of this map.

I like the creativity of this map.
Topic Starter
MOOMANiBE
Did everything you suggested, Sin. Adding in the new MP3 might have introduced problems though.. we'll see. ^_^;
mtmcl
A pleasant experience. Take a bub.
LuigiHann
Welcome to rankitude :D
ForteDante
This is awesomesauce. I'd love to see more from PaRappa the Rapper, such a fun game.
t_mac1
Unfortunately im going to have to say this was dreadful. You had all the buttons and sliders right, but it seemed like they were a whole second after the words or beat happened, i don't know, maybe it's just me. I couldn't get a feel for this at all. =/
LuigiHann

t_mac1 wrote:

Unfortunately im going to have to say this was dreadful. You had all the buttons and sliders right, but it seemed like they were a whole second after the words or beat happened, i don't know, maybe it's just me. I couldn't get a feel for this at all. =/
That sounds like a technical issue. When did you download it?
Saturos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann

Saturos wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

That sounds like a technical issue. When did you download it?
Doubt it, unless he's playing the map without updating it first. Probably his UO.

t_mac: If it isn't already, set your Universal Offset to 0 and check back.
Well I remember that Moom replaced the mp3 and then changed the offset, so if Mac still has the old mp3 it wouldn't match.
nektaryn
got the same...
Ph0X
Bump, major offset problem needs to be fixed :\
0_o
Offset -280

disregard that, just redownload >_>
Ekaru
The offset problem only happened when I downloaded the Rhythm pack.

Whenever I download from the site, it's fine, so...
LuigiHann
rhythm pack version is fixed now
show more