forum

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gourmet Race

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GSGold
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 at 2:59:22 PM

Artist: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Title: Gourmet Race
BPM: 180
Filesize: 3986kb
Play Time: 01:23
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.03 stars, 50 notes)
  2. Normal (1.85 stars, 146 notes)
  3. Hard (4.47 stars, 251 notes)
Download: Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gourmet Race
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
First beatmap ever. I think I'm mostly done with it, so here you go.

Not really sure what I'm supposed to say here, but this sure is a beatmap, isn't it?
dtnc21

GSGold wrote:

This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 8:07:14 AM

Artist: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Title: Gourmet Race
BPM: 180
Filesize: 3981kb
Play Time: 01:15
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (1.65 stars, 61 notes)
Download: Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gourmet Race
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
First beatmap ever. Probably a failure, but it was fun to piddle around with.

Work in Progress, only about 30% of the song actually has beats on it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
:shock: That's your first post! Aren't you supposed to introduce yourself first?
Topic Starter
GSGold
Well, yeah, I didn't know I was violating some sort of unwritten rule or something...I've been around the chat room and in-game for a little bit now, so I'm not sure what the problem is?
Sinistro

GSGold wrote:

Well, yeah, I didn't know I was violating some sort of unwritten rule or something...
You weren't. BTW, people, greeting new users in this manner is such a great way to make them feel the community welcomes them.

On to the map: Good job for your first. Timing is excellent, congratulations! :) Also, all objects are placed to the song's rhythm. Normal is pretty much ok, but Hard pulls a couple of tricks that are frowned upon and should be modified: i) sliders beginning on the ends of other sliders and ii) sliders falling on top of other sliders. Apart from that, you might want to space your objects a bit to increase the Hard version's difficulty. A last, completely optional suggestion is to make the hit patterns a bit more varied, especially since the song's melody loops twice on this beatmap. You might want to try following a background beat (if any) in some places, or use sliders and repeated sliders in place of some hit circles.

And, of course, welcome to the boards! Hope you enjoy yourself.

MaybeLater_x
I've played Normal.
It's good, but 1:32-1:34 could be spaced a little better.

I think you just need to space out a few notes a little better. (I'm working on Grid Level 2, before I start explaining changes.)
I think the red #1 should be one nudge to the right so that the end of the slider and the #1 are only just touching. This means that red #2 needs to be moved one nudge to the right also. I believe #2 and #3 are too close together, so move red #3 one nudge upwards and then move red #4 a nudge upwards as well. I think that should make everything work out a little better...
Of course, these are just suggestions. :)

MaybeLater_x
Topic Starter
GSGold

MaybeLater_x wrote:

I've played Normal.
It's good, but 1:32-1:34 could be spaced a little better.
Hey, somebody actually responded, hello!

I took a look at the section. I used spacing 1, and the gap with the end of the slider and the red 1 seems consistent with what two individual hit markers would have. I did change the whole reds slightly, since 2 and 3 seemed too close together. If I used spacing 2 for it, I think it'd make that little section look completely different than the rest of the map. *shrug*

Thanks for your input!
wiicademan
It's a lot better than my first map, but the tutorial level seems really pointless.

Looks like the timing and everything is really good, though I haven't looked through it in much detail. Normal feels a bit too easy though... I haven't played easy...
MaybeLater_x
I've just tried Hard mode - it was enjoyable.
RemmyX25
*waves both arms* HAAIIIII!!!

General/Timing:
Offset:

Easy:
You have bookmarks past the end point. Intentional?
Otherwise, not bad.

Normal:
01:04:97 (5): don't just end the color combo there! finish that bit of the song!

Hard:
will get to eventually
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.