forum

Jun Senoue - Believe In Myself

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Krisom
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on viernes, 25 de junio de 2010 at 8:22:47

Artist: Jun Senoue & Kaz Silver
Title: Believe In Myself
Source: Sonic Adventure 2
Tags: Tails True Colors Hedgehog Rokodo ztrot Battle
BPM: 172
Filesize: 9226kb
Play Time: 03:33
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1,82 stars, 181 notes)
  2. Insane (4,96 stars, 488 notes)
  3. Normal (3,43 stars, 254 notes)
  4. Roko-Don's Taiko (4,94 stars, 559 notes)
  5. ztrot's Hard MIX (4,49 stars, 362 notes)
Download: Jun Senoue & Kaz Silver - Believe In Myself
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is for ztrot's beatmap project.- True Colors: The Best of Sonic The Hedgehog
The Hitcircle was done by RandomJibberish
Special thanks to rokodo and ztrot for their nice diffs :3

"There are not enough words to express why Tails is awesome"
Rolled
Yes I search my own name.

Was probably Rokodo.. I don't taiko worth shit.
Topic Starter
Krisom

Rolled wrote:

Yes I search my own name.

Was probably Rokodo.. I don't taiko worth shit.
Uh, Yeah, it was rokodo, XD! Sorry for that.
Lokamp
Some Irc suggestions, and a couple of stars. Do your best for rank this!
Rokodo
Download: believe_in_myself_taiko.rar

Taiko .osu and BG image. Also, before you Full Submit for my bg image, delete the .osb storyboard file as it is unneeded:

Topic Starter
Krisom

Rokodo wrote:

Taiko .osu and BG image. Also, before you Full Submit for my bg image, delete the .osb storyboard file as it is unneeded:
Added. Also, kudos for pointing the osb. :3
ztrot
Topic Starter
Krisom

ztrot wrote:

23 sec done tell me what you think?
Great 23 secs :3, can't wait for the other secs! BTW, is the offset fine for ya?
Dusty
Your custom hitclap is kinda loud, I attached the softer one that I use most of the time, see if it sounds better to you...
...and there's nothing else I can tell you how to fix, so here's a kinda vague mod post.

[Easy]
Could use some more whistles and finishes, especially near the beginning.

[Normal]
The map is kinda quiet, Kiai Time especially could use more hitsounds.

[Insane]
This map is weirdly clumped (well so are the others but it's less noticeable because the circles are bigger)? o_o
Let's look at the Ctrl+A map: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/12460
woah, looks like most notes are near the center axis and there are no notes near the corners! You can also see this if you try testing the map on CtB.
lol, nothing I can do about that with regular modding, so just don't do it again and be more(/less?) careful next time? :p

also, needs more hitsounds
You're using Soft sounds, not ear-breaking Normal sounds, so go wild :p

Download: clap and tick.zip
Topic Starter
Krisom

Dusty wrote:

Your custom hitclap is kinda loud, I attached the softer one that I use most of the time, see if it sounds better to you...
Don't you have one kinda in-between? I like this one, but it's too soft for me D:!
...and there's nothing else I can tell you how to fix, so here's a kinda vague mod post.

[Easy]
Could use some more whistles and finishes, especially near the beginning. Added some where I though they fit.

[Normal]
The map is kinda quiet I must improve my Normal mapping skills >_<, they are always too quiet with a high star rating, Kiai Time especially could use more hitsounds. Right D:

[Insane]
This map is weirdly clumped (well so are the others but it's less noticeable because the circles are bigger)? o_o
Let's look at the Ctrl+A map: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/12460
woah, looks like most notes are near the center axis and there are no notes near the corners! You can also see this if you try testing the map on CtB.
Uhhh, I know, My mapping style it's just too axis-centered now <_<, who knows? I may change it in the future when I grow as experienced as Sensei is >_<, but There's not much I can do about it now, I'm sorry if it's too repetitive or boring.
lol, nothing I can do about that with regular modding, so just don't do it again and be more(/less?) careful next time? :p

also, needs more hitsounds
You're using Soft sounds, not ear-breaking Normal sounds, so go wild :p >_< I didn't add a single hitsound in insane, gomen sensei, I just can't see (hear) where I could place another one wihout breaking the pattern
I wanted to move this to pending and say "Inb4Dusty-sensei", but you're just too fast D:

Krisom's sensei is pro :3! (And stalking me D:) Also, do you like my new avatar X3?
ztrot
Numbers 596108
really good map a ~ although only a degree of difficulty to play rokodo

stars~~
arien666
:3
Taiko diff seems fine to me :3

Good luck XD
Karidan
nice work, its great to finally see some decent maps on Sonic adventure songs, i can even get over the fact that it wasnt the SA1 version cus of how awsome the map was XD, keep up the good work~
ztrot
orz I'm done I know I ended it a bit sooner but.... orz

Also 1000th POST FTW!!!!!

Download: Jun Senoue & Kaz Silver - Believe In Myself (Krisom) [ztrot's Hard MIX].osu
Topic Starter
Krisom

ztrot wrote:

orz I'm done I know I ended it a bit sooner but.... orz

Also 1000th POST FTW!!!!!
Downloaded, added and moved to pending >w<!
Garven
[General]
Holy crap, that super-loud snare hit... maybe tone it down a bit?

[Easy]
01:03:629 (2) - Line this up in a straight line between the two sliders.
01:21:420 (1) - This is reeeally close, even for the sake of the symmetry stuff. Space it out a bit more.
02:10:606 (2) - Line up blah blah
02:28:397 (1) - Distance, blah blah
03:10:257 (1) - This is really soon after a spinner for an easy. It's a silent finish anyway. Scoot it back a bit.

[Normal]
00:46:536 (1) - This slider looks kinda funky compared to all of your other ones. If you rotate it so it's facing up, you'll see why.
01:20:373 (3) - Maybe scoot this left a few pixels for the straight line effect?
01:53:513 (1) - Slider, screenshot, blah blah
02:16:186 (3) - Line up, blah
03:10:257 (1) - This is pushing it for note soon after spinner. Once again, it's a silent finish, so it's easy to adjust.

[MIX]
00:54:908 (5) - Looks like this slider got misaligned a little bit?
02:01:885 (5) - ^

[Taiko]
00:28:396 (154) - This part sounds like a pain. >>
That ending stream is awesome though.

[Insane]
This kind of feels more of a hard than insane, especially considering the slider velocity is the same as the Hard diff.
s'fine though.
Topic Starter
Krisom

Garven wrote:

[General]
Holy crap, that super-loud snare hit... maybe tone it down a bit?
D: I just toned down the hitsound volume on all diffs (Wich was a great pain in the a** considering the amount of timing sections...

[Easy]
01:03:629 (2) - Line this up in a straight line between the two sliders. Should be bettero now
01:21:420 (1) - This is reeeally close, even for the sake of the symmetry stuff. Space it out a bit more. My bad :3
02:10:606 (2) - Line up blah blah <_< Blablablah
02:28:397 (1) - Distance, blah blah D:!
03:10:257 (1) - This is really soon after a spinner for an easy. It's a silent finish anyway. Scoot it back a bit. Sigh, fine <_<

[Normal]
00:46:536 (1) - This slider looks kinda funky compared to all of your other ones. If you rotate it so it's facing up, you'll see why. Done like that for the sake of ending it on 00:44:443 (1)'s spot.
01:20:373 (3) - Maybe scoot this left a few pixels for the straight line effect? Done
01:53:513 (1) - Slider, screenshot, blah blah <.< Get out of my grass!
02:16:186 (3) - Line up, blah I<3U when you nazi me :3
03:10:257 (1) - This is pushing it for note soon after spinner. Once again, it's a silent finish, so it's easy to adjust. <_< I won't modify this in normal, sorry

[Insane]
This kind of feels more of a hard than insane, especially considering the slider velocity is the same as the Hard diff.
s'fine though.
Well, I suppose that's the reason on why I never map Hards, they end up being too similar to my Insanes. Anyways, I do agree that this is too easy for an insane, but I like mapping 'em that way :3
From my point of view (at least), "Insane" shouldn't be a diff on where you map like crazy, but a place on where you just let your creativity bloom, as there are no real difficulty limits, I suppose that's why I don't focus on difficulty but I do focus on patterns and such >w<
<3! I modified the hitsound volume on ztrot's diff (I hope that he doesn't mind <.<), though I don't think Roko's needs a volume change.
Shohei Ohtani
mod4mod~.

Overall:
I'd prefer it if all guest diffs ended at the same time. It's especially weird when you hard, out of all diffs, ends early. Same with taiko.

Insane:
00:43:396 (3) - Add a timing section here, normal hitsounds, without custom overlay.
01:50:373 (3) - ^
02:59:094 (1,2,3,4) - Hi jump.
03:16:885 (6) - Same as 01:50:373
03:28:048 (6) - ^

ztort:
01:11:652 (4,5,6,7) - Add claps
01:16:187 (1,3,5) - Add claps
02:12:001 (1,3,5) - ^
02:23:164 (1,3,5) - ^

Normal:
~

Easy:
~

But shit this map is amazing just have ztrot and rokodokopooh finish their diffs.

Starred, Kudosu starred, and favorited.
Topic Starter
Krisom

CDFA wrote:

mod4mod~.

Overall:
I'd prefer it if all guest diffs ended at the same time. It's especially weird when you hard, out of all diffs, ends early. Same with taiko.
Well, roko said that Taiko diffs tend to be shorter. ztrot will end his diff now, though I'm not sure about that myself.

Insane:
00:43:396 (3) - Add a timing section here, normal hitsounds, without custom overlay. :< Nopew
01:50:373 (3) - ^ ^
02:59:094 (1,2,3,4) - Hi jump. Oh yeah, it's meant to be that way, I could make it shorter on request, tough I like it like that now...
03:16:885 (6) - Same as 01:50:373 ^
03:28:048 (6) - ^ ^

Normal:
~

Easy:
~

But shit this map is amazing just have ztrot and rokodokopooh finish their diffs.

Starred, Kudosu starred, and favorited.
Needs to know if ztrot will do any changes before kudosu~ing. Thank you ^^!
show more