forum

Finntroll - Trollhammaren

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
K-S-O
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, August 02, 2008 at 6:54:11 PM

Artist: Finntroll
Title: Trollhammaren
BPM: 189.94
Filesize: 5454kb
Play Time: 03:21
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.68 stars, 120 notes)
  2. Normal (4.14 stars, 306 notes)
  3. Hard (5 stars, 548 notes)
Download: Finntroll - Trollhammaren
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Well, here's my beatmap for the song "Trollhammaren" by the Finnish band, Finntroll.

Edit: Changed a few things based on awp's suggestions. Also, James has pointed out that I forgot to resnap the beats after the change. Got that taken care of.

Edit: Changed more things based on James' suggestions.

Edit: Changed even more things based on awp's other suggestions.
James
Hi and welcome back. Although I'm still not playing this game while you're around...

How about trying 190 bpm and 12130 offset?
awp
[12:52] <awp> holy fuck
[12:52] <awp> Fintroll
[12:52] <awp> bookmarking for later

This here's my invitation to you to bother me to mod this map any time I am available (at work atm I'll mod tonight IF I REMEMBER so people need to remind me D= )

K I remembered

Fucking awesome this looks really well done; due to Enight's disappearance you might be the first person to have some metal ranked that isn't me ???

Timing: I got 189.96, and your offset of 12,099 feels just fine.

Easy:
00:51:28 (2) - spacing here's a bit nasty for EZ mode.
01:07:71 (1) - This time, it's a bit too close imo
01:30:46 (2) - I think it'd be better if this one was a beat longer.
01:42:78 (B) - what in the fuck did you do here there are two overlapping breaks oh my gawd delete them both and re-insert it

Normal:
It's fucking hard for a Normal song wow what is Hard like I wonder...
01:08:95 (2) - beatspacing's a bit of a dick when getting to the next note. Try changing the orientation of the slider.
01:30:27 (4) - Overlap this with the slider maybe? So it's more apparent they're right next to one another timing-wise.
02:10:86 (1) - Again, kind of a tough jump. Not a big deal here, just pointing it out.
02:34:23 (4) - More big jumps. This doesn't seem accidental; this seems intentional you crazy bastard.

Hard:
02:07:38 (3) - this note starts the exact moment the note before it ends. May need to replace it with a standard ol' hitcircle.
02:09:91 (3) - Here too.
02:12:44 (3) - And here.
Also, overall, there's a few sections where notes are appearing under sliders. It's not a disaster but in my opinion is a little sloppy so if you'd reposition the notes where this occurs it'd be fantastic for me.

awesome stuff though

Finally some fucking folk/power (melodic death-ish?) music in the house.
Topic Starter
K-S-O
Okay, I did not notice the double breaks or the note issues in Hard mode that you pointed out, awp. Shows that I should have tested these things before I submitted them.

Well, I fixed these issues and fixed some of the spacing and slider issues. The revised beatmaps should be posted now.
James
awp left this alone? bad boy...
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
hmmm maybe you could spice it up the last part of hard by a little?

...and if youre not busy you could fix those minor spacing flaws in hard?

just a suggestion: maybe you could put some alternating whistles in some parts of the song? since the beatmap is like 2/3 or 3/4 full of 1/2 note streams. if it sounds ugly to you, dont reupload em with whistles. just make a backup of your osu file first before adding whistles.
James
haha lame suggestion before bubbling it.

03:18:40 - put a whistle XD
Topic Starter
K-S-O
Well, it's a simple suggestion so I had it done pretty easily.
James
all good now~
awp
not quite yet D=

Easy:
everything at 02:56:41 and beyond is unsnapped

Normal:
01:30:45 (5) - tail is a quarter beat too long

Hard:
Naw, no complaints. Just a couple seconds of fix (and MAYBE a background) & ranx

Star patrol poppin ur bubble but PM or bump when fixed and ranx
Topic Starter
K-S-O
Okay, I fixed the issues you brought up. Though, I cannot seem to find a suitable background image so I'll just leave it at default.
James
nvm the bg image and im bubbling this again! :D
Echo
I disagree with awp's timing, at *.94 the ending goes out of sync. It should be *.98 or .99 instead.

easy:
at 2:34 the 3 columns of (1-3) look untidy when the distance between the right two is much larger than the distance between the left two

Topic Starter
K-S-O
Alright. I fixed the problems you mention, Echo.

Are there any more problems with this map I'm not seeing?
Echo
I think it's good to go now :D

awp
DuLLSoN