forum

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Hey Tonight

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YourAverageJoe_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 8. apríl 2006 at 17:42:11

Artist: Creedence Clearwater Revival
Title: Hey Tonight
BPM: 125,55
Filesize: 4728kb
Play Time: 02:16
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2,77 stars, 168 notes)
Download: Creedence Clearwater Revival - Hey Tonight
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I felt Osu! could use some classic rock, and this song looked easy to map, so here it is.

I'd heard this song pretty often on the radio when I was a kid, and I always liked it.

This is my first beatmap, but I had some help: Mainly great advice from Sinistro and Rolled revising the timing to accomodate some minor human error. I'd also like to thank GSGold for introducing me to Osu! and pointing out a few oddities.

Thank you, I hope you all like my beatmap!
Sinistro
Kudos for mapping classic rock, we could do with more genres :D

Offset sounds like it should be about +20ms, to fall with the first beat of the instruments rather than the first syllable of the singers. I have a creeping suspicion the bpm is variable which, if true, will make timing challenging.

Most of the map, especially the beginning, seems a little too easy. Try adding more hit circles and sliders. The solo part and the one following it is closer to hard, although the 17-or-so combo is significantly longer than the others and may seem jarring. Another mod should check on the bpm, too. It might be as simple as 2-3 timing sections, or it might be worse.
Topic Starter
YourAverageJoe_old
I've fixed the offset, though I don't know if it sounds perfect, I've also added a ton of notes and a few spinners in-between the singing to make this just that much harder.
Sinistro
The map is harder now, good job. Apart from the streams, this looks like consistently Normal, I think. There are some spacing and grid placements issues I told you in detail about on irc. Unfortunately, it seems like timing is variable after all. Until I (hopefully) master timing songs with fluctuating bpm, I'm afraid we'll have to ask an expert like Kharl or Rolled to be sure.
Rolled
The beginning needs work i think. This is basically a rough draft, I'm not too great with timing. But hopefully it helps you a bit.

Download: Creedence Clearwater Revival - Hey Tonight (YourAverageJoe) [Normal].osu
Topic Starter
YourAverageJoe_old
Thank you Rolled, you're too modest. This really is a wonderful job.
James
How about resnapping everything to the timeline, eh?
Topic Starter
YourAverageJoe_old
I did that ages ago, and updated the OP map so that the in-game updating thing would download the results. I've also made some balancing changes, some parts expected rapid hand movements that just aren't kosher unless you're playing on Insane or something.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.