forum

[duplicate] gitaroo man mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
devkit4384
like the idea of taiko i think gitaroo man game play would be awsome

gitaroo man
http://youtube.com/watch?v=l8-4K5Q0Zc8
Vic
This game is awesome but... Oh noes next mod that is hell to code. Maybe after Osu 1.0 xD
Pkmn_knight
Just to say I'm also a supporter to having a Gitaroo Mode.
But all the modes an a *enemy* life bar would be needed to make sense for defense and attack mode etc. Could be The mods and such.
And wasd for the 4 buttons for defense and the mode with left click for attack.
I just have intrest in this, plus this would make multiplayer mode slightly funner with the defense for one being attack for another and so on.Maybe a choice of gitaroo with a options bit that will act like a avatar for the health bar or something.
Sqeun
I'd like this but I don't think we'd be getting it, seems like it'd be too hard to make.
Cyclone
I'm not sure this would even be possible. Even if on Offense it acted as Sliders, and on Defense it acted like normal beat, you can only aim in 8 directions with a keyboard. Unless you can think of a way to aim with the mouse.....
LuigiHann

Cyclone wrote:

I'm not sure this would even be possible. Even if on Offense it acted as Sliders, and on Defense it acted like normal beat, you can only aim in 8 directions with a keyboard. Unless you can think of a way to aim with the mouse.....
How hard would it be to aim with a mouse?

Not that I particularly support this idea, but really, omni-directional aiming with a mouse would work fine. Spin It Up comes to mind.
ash
I endorse this idea. Aiming could be similar to Spin It Up. The only things I'm questionable about:

How would we map these?
How are you going to simulate guard mode (arrow keys or z/x/c/v maybe?)
Don't we still have to finish Taiko first?

At the same time, we could ask for a Parappa mode, but let's not get too hasty.
Cyclone
eh sorry... i was in mid-thought when i posted that.

so.. if this was possible, here's a proposal:

WASD = directional buttons (representing O,X,Square,Triangle)
Mouse points
Slider = Offense
Beat = Defense

Actually more simple than i thought. Just need to redo the health system a bit to match Gitaroo-man.

The Big problem here is the maps. We'd need Attack, Defense, Charge, and Final phases mapped, as well as custom maps in general.
Echo
Nothing is too hard to code, but

Osu and Gitaroo Man differ too much fundamentally for this to be a viable mod imo
LuigiHann
Yeah, I agree with Echo. This is more of an "idea for a completely unrelated game" than an idea for an osu! mod.
Sqeun

LuigiHann wrote:

Yeah, I agree with Echo. This is more of an "idea for a completely unrelated game" than an idea for an osu! mod.
Well there's a taiko mod...
mattyu007
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.