forum

Mariko Honda - Zettai Kaichou Sengen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, November 15, 2010 at 12:40:50 PM

Artist: Mariko Honda
Title: Zettai Kaichou Sengen (TV Size)
Source: Seitokai no Ichizon
Tags: President
BPM: 174
Filesize: 12547kb
Play Time: 01:27
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.16 stars, 45 notes)
  2. Hard (4.98 stars, 191 notes)
  3. Normal (3.35 stars, 81 notes)
Download: Mariko Honda - Zettai Kaichou Sengen (TV Size)
Download: Mariko Honda - Zettai Kaichou Sengen (TV Size) (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Seitokai no Ichizon ED 11

I wondered what it would be like to map a song where the singer purposely sings badly. Here is the result. (The strange style of singing made this song strange to map and hitsound, so any suggestions are welcome)

Note: Hard is realtively difficult for a hard, but I don't think it is correct to call it an insane diff. (Feel free to say otherwise, I will go with the majority vote for this)

Note 2: If you downloaded this map before September 3rd, please redownload the map for the new mp3.

Thanks to all who mod this map!
Shinde
Is good.

Edit: :< I said nooo.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Shinde wrote:

Is good.
^Kds for irc modding.
simplistiC
<3333333
for some reason the vocals seem quiet...o_o oh wells good map :D

EDIT: PERFECT FOR A HARD! :P
Garven
AAAAAAAAAIIIII AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMU KAIIIICHOUUUU

[Easy]
01:04:869 - Are they swimming... upside-down or something? But.. their faces are gone. Where the ... Huh!?

[Normal]
You could probably get away with reducing circle size by one.
00:59:137 (1) - End this slider at 00:59:568 (blue tick).

[Hard]
Same comment about circle size reduction, although now that I'm this far into typing this, I should have just copy-pasted the previous comment to spare myself some time/effort. Huh.
A lot of the jumps were surprising when I was in a hard mode mindset, though I don't think it's extreme enough to justify the insane tag either. *shrug*
I'd nazi some sliders, but I think they kind of fit with the vocals. :3

Edit:
Some examples of the jumps:
00:11:378 (1) - This area - they felt a little too far for the length of time and distance. Velocity, that's the word.
Although you do new combos for them, they're still pretty extreme jumps for the time allotted. 00:19:826 (2) , 00:21:034 (1), 00:21:378 (1)
00:22:585 (2,3,4,5) - These also felt a bit fast for a hard. Maybe position them a little further from the extreme left/right of the screen.
After going through again, it's mostly all in the beginning of the map. Once you're through that, the rest is cake (minus the one set like the one at 22:585)
And yet... still doesn't feel like an insane. *boggle* I dunno, heh. Maybe just reduce the velocity on the jumps a tad and it might feel a bit better for a hard difficulty. Or something.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Garven wrote:

AAAAAAAAAIIIII AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMU KAIIIICHOUUUU

[Easy]
01:04:869 - Are they swimming... upside-down or something? But.. their faces are gone. Where the ... Huh!? You are seeing them swimming with the camera on the bottom and their faces forward + blurred xD

[Normal]
You could probably get away with reducing circle size by one. I like large circles though.
00:59:137 (1) - End this slider at 00:59:568 (blue tick). Done.

[Hard]
Same comment about circle size reduction, although now that I'm this far into typing this, I should have just copy-pasted the previous comment to spare myself some time/effort. Huh.
A lot of the jumps were surprising when I was in a hard mode mindset, though I don't think it's extreme enough to justify the insane tag either. *shrug*
I'd nazi some sliders, but I think they kind of fit with the vocals. :3

Edit:
Some examples of the jumps:
00:11:378 (1) - This area - they felt a little too far for the length of time and distance. Velocity, that's the word.
Although you do new combos for them, they're still pretty extreme jumps for the time allotted. 00:19:826 (2) , 00:21:034 (1), 00:21:378 (1) I really like this jump sequence, and I didn't feel it was that hard. As a result I probably won't change it for now. If other ppl agree with you, I will change it then.
00:22:585 (2,3,4,5) - These also felt a bit fast for a hard. Maybe position them a little further from the extreme left/right of the screen.
After going through again, it's mostly all in the beginning of the map. Once you're through that, the rest is cake (minus the one set like the one at 22:585) Made it slightly easier, but I still want it to look neat.
And yet... still doesn't feel like an insane. *boggle* I dunno, heh. Maybe just reduce the velocity on the jumps a tad and it might feel a bit better for a hard difficulty. Or something.
Thanks for your modding and comments Garven.
Faust
On Hard: 00:08:447 - Little suggestion to curve the slider more. Swerving downwards in that feels a bit depressive for
her a child-like voice.
00:52:412 - Suggestion to replace this circle with a fast and short spinner.
01:06:820 - Woah, looks and feels messy in my opinion. It's easy to read, but it goes left and abrubtly
continues on the top right corner. Space up the patterns for the notes after that with just a tiny
bit of space inbetween them, overlapping them a little would be nice.
01:27:068 - Remove this circle. It's really odd. Understandable since those 3 sliders go with the song there,
but that circle is off-putting.

Fun map with high rate of playability, it's got a joyful sound to it. Have a star.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

OH-SHI- wrote:

On Hard: 00:08:447 - Little suggestion to curve the slider more. Swerving downwards in that feels a bit depressive for
her a child-like voice. Done. Hopefully I curved it enough.
00:52:412 - Suggestion to replace this circle with a fast and short spinner. I really dislike short spinners, so I made it a slider instead. Hopefully it did not become too messy.
01:06:820 - Woah, looks and feels messy in my opinion. It's easy to read, but it goes left and abrubtly
continues on the top right corner. Space up the patterns for the notes after that with just a tiny
bit of space inbetween them, overlapping them a little would be nice. Wow, I just realized how messy it was. Rearranged some of the patterns, so hopefully it looks better now.
01:27:068 - Remove this circle. It's really odd. Understandable since those 3 sliders go with the song there,
but that circle is off-putting. I thought these fit the lyrics, so I will see what other ppl say before removing it.

Fun map with high rate of playability, it's got a joyful sound to it. Have a star.
Thanks for your comments and modding OH-SHI-
TheVileOne
I love this song!

Easy

00:38:964 (3) - Move down 1 unit. (I think it belongs there and it conforms with distance snap.)

00:55:515 (3) - Move up and left 1 unit.

00:56:723 (1) - Move left 1 unit.

00:59:137 (1,2) - Spacing too close? It plays alright, but maybe this would work.

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/14139

Normal

Fine.

Hard

00:00:344 (1,2,1,2,1) - Um 2,2,1? Why isn't it 2,2,2 like the actual rhythm?

00:14:137 (1,2,3) - Spacing. 3 is too close to 2

00:14:826 (1,2,3) - ^

00:17:930 (1,2,1) - Ugh spacing nightmare right here. Don't space a full beat and a half beat the same like this. People will not expect it. In fact the half beat is spaced greater than the full beat. Fix this.

00:22:068 (4,5) - It could just be me, but these notes sound like they should be part of a slider like the one before it.

00:41:550 (5) - What is this shape? If you could mess with the move points to make it look better, I would suggest it.

01:10:861 (12,13,1) - Spacing. Notes 12 and 13 use a custom spacing and 1 uses the standard distance snap. Was this intended?

01:27:154 (3,1) - That's super spacing for a 1/4th note. Reduce? It's a 2.0 snap!

I liked the maps so here is your star.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

TheVileOne wrote:

I love this song!

Easy

00:38:964 (3) - Move down 1 unit. (I think it belongs there and it conforms with distance snap.) Moving down messes up the curve, so I moved it right.

00:55:515 (3) - Move up and left 1 unit. Didn't do this exact change, but I made the sliders flow better here

00:56:723 (1) - Move left 1 unit. I don't really want to count diagonal grids, and since distance snap says it is fine, it should be good enough to play

00:59:137 (1,2) - Spacing to close? It plays alright, but maybe this would work. Spacing is fine, but I changed the positioning anyway.

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/14139

Normal

Fine.

Hard

00:00:344 (1,2,1,2,1) - Um 2,2,1? Why isn't it 2,2,2 like the actual rhythm? Done.

00:14:137 (1,2,3) - Spacing. 3 is too close to 2 Good catch. Done.

00:14:826 (1,2,3) - ^^

00:17:930 (1,2,1) - Ugh spacing nightmare right here. Don't space a full beat and a half beat the same like this. People will not expect it. In fact the half beat is spaced greater than the full beat. Fix this. Since they are drums and new combos, it is not that unpredicatable. I want to hear a few more comments on it before I change it because I sort of like the style.

00:22:068 (4,5) - It could just be me, but these notes sound like they should be part of a slider like the one before it. I like mixing circles and sliders, so I am going to keep this one.

00:41:550 (5) - What is this shape? If you could mess with the move points to make it look better, I would suggest it. I personally found the slider okay, but if you have a suggestion for the shape, I'll look at it.

01:10:861 (12,13,1) - Spacing. Notes 12 and 13 use a custom spacing and 1 uses the standard distance snap. Was this intended? The spacing looks right to me and distance snap, so I think it is fine.

01:27:154 (3,1) - That's super spacing for a 1/4th note. Reduce? It's a 2.0 snap! It is at the same spacing 01:26:809 (1,2,3) are at, so I think it is fine.

I liked the maps so here is your star.
Thanks for your modding and comments, TheVileOne
Omega
Hehe, funny song. I especially like the Normal.
Also, can easy be better if the sliders are a bit longer and the slider velocity a little more up?

Either ways, star.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Omegavoids wrote:

Hehe, funny song. I especially like the Normal.
Also, can easy be better if the sliders are a bit longer and the slider velocity a little more up?

Either ways, star.
I really wanted to create an easy easy diff this time, so I think the slier speed is fine. Still, thanks for checking Omegavoids.
arien666
[Easy]
01:25:861 (2) - [Suggestion] How about move 1 grid right?

[Normal]
01:13:447 (1) - [Suggestion] How about move 1 grid down?

[Hard]
00:16:723 (5) - [Suggestion] How about move 1 grid left?
01:27:154 (3,1) - imo, these jump seems little hard ;_;
01:29:826 (3) - How about move 1 grid up?

:3
Nice song ;_;
Anyway, good luck yay!

ps. Don't give kudosu for this reply ;_;
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

arken1015 wrote:

[Easy]
01:25:861 (2) - [Suggestion] How about move 1 grid right? Moved 1, 1 grid right for symmetry

[Normal]
01:13:447 (1) - [Suggestion] How about move 1 grid down? Done.

[Hard]
00:16:723 (5) - [Suggestion] How about move 1 grid left? Sure.
01:27:154 (3,1) - imo, these jump seems little hard ;_; I think they are find because 01:26:809 (1,2,3,1) - have consistent spacing
01:29:826 (3) - How about move 1 grid up? Done.

:3
Nice song ;_;
Anyway, good luck yay!

ps. Don't give kudosu for this reply ;_;
Thanks for your modding and comments arken, kds for reminding me that the song is TV size.
Tatsuo
I keep getting an audio load error. Would you mind full submitting this again?
Thanks bliss~

*just PM me when you did it*
Tatsuo
Hai bliss~
Here's my mod

[Overall]
You know.. I almost didn't mod this, because I thought I modded this map already. It turns out someone else had a beatmap of this.

[Easy]
Nice and easy~

[Normal]
Good.

[Hard]
Good.

All nice and good. Have a star bliss.
*star*
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

I_Tatsuo_I wrote:

Hai bliss~
Here's my mod

[Overall]
You know.. I almost didn't mod this, because I thought I modded this map already. It turns out someone else had a beatmap of this.

[Easy]
Nice and easy~

[Normal]
Good.

[Hard]
Good.

All nice and good. Have a star bliss.
*star*
lol, thanks for the looking at the map anyway I_Tatsuo_I. I gave a kds to your first post because you help me notice the audio problem. Again, thanks for modding my map.
Frill
These are suggestions, you don't have to change anything.

[General]

* hmm..Perhaps,Background is resize plz~ (800x600 or 1024x768)

[Easy]

00:38:964 (3) - this is slider has end the 00:39:654 -
00:48:619 (1) - Perhaps,remove clap. and Instead, add finsih.
00:49:999 (3) - same is 00:38:964 (3)
01:17:585 (3) - ^ 01:18:275 -
01:16:206 (1) - add finish in start
[Normal]

*Hp Drain is move 1 down?
*OverAll Dif is move 2~3 down? IMO

01:16:206 (1) - same is Easy

[Hard]

01:16:206 (1) - same is Normal
01:29:826 (3) - hmm..Perhaps,remove clap Instead,add finish
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Frill wrote:

These are suggestions, you don't have to change anything.

[General]

* hmm..Perhaps,Background is resize plz~ (800x600 or 1024x768) done, (since the picture does not exactly fit into the 800 x 600 resolution, it is slightly smaller than that)

[Easy]

00:38:964 (3) - this is slider has end the 00:39:654 - It is very hard to tell where the vocal ends, but since I ended on a drumbeat, I think it is fine.
00:48:619 (1) - Perhaps,remove clap. and Instead, add finsih. Done.
00:49:999 (3) - same is 00:38:964 (3) This one ends on the only local drumbeat, so I am pretty sure this is okay.
01:17:585 (3) - ^ 01:18:275 - I followed her saying the "oh" this time, so it is fine (hopefully all these half notes are note too confusing)
01:16:206 (1) - add finish in start Done.
[Normal]

*Hp Drain is move 1 down? I like my low drain, so the hp drain is staying.
*OverAll Dif is move 2~3 down? IMO I thought the OD is fine, so I will see what other ppl say to see if I'll change it or not.

01:16:206 (1) - same is Easy Done.

[Hard]

01:16:206 (1) - same is Normal Done.
01:29:826 (3) - hmm..Perhaps,remove clap Instead,add finish
Thanks for your modding and comments Frill. I hope you enjoyed my map.
Haneii
Why do you need "president" in tags? The song's in Japanese, and I'm guessing if anyone was actually searching for this specific song they wouldn't type in president in replace for kaichou (and this is only after for some weird reason they decided not to search seitokai no ichizon first).

Sorry couldn't find anything to pick at ...T_T.
Great job on the map, good luck :D
~star~
show more