forum

A little more on the "Highlight Username Mention in Chat"...

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
I was about to mention case insensitive highlight, until I saw the changelog. =D

Some other ideas:

-In UCP, have it so that you can set a phrase which is recognized as your name (maybe about one or two). I know I miss stuff when people call me Yoshi and not YoshiKart. It's just a coincidence that I keep chat up and not miss anything. And I love using chat. I just don't use it enough. o_O Entering one or two phrases (in my case, "yoshi" and "kart") will set it up for chat. Oh, and make it so that these phrases are case insensitive. (OK, I'll be mean to buraimaster... Whenever he wants to be notified easier, he'll set up two phrases: "burai" and "master". That way, people who "shorten" his name in chat get noticed.) Of course, this may not be a very good idea. I'm sure some people can get some loopholes through. And 31G-word will come running toward us when a four letter word is mentioned. :o

-Err...... that was the case insensitive part. :P

-OK, maybe it's just one idea...

-I had another. Lemme just think on it. How is the first???
machol30
I really like the idea. Yeah, most people call me burai (a few call me master; don't ask, I don't even know :o ), plus I keep the chat minimized in Osu! so I may miss a lot when people are calling for me and stuff.
James
a few call me master; don't ask, I don't even know :o
because you're teh mastah!!

Hi Master.
awp
And I'm going to start calling you 1234

screw that it's burai to me~
MegaTailzChao
I approve of this idea. I'm sure at least a few times people have called for MTC while I'm immersed in a map and miss it.
awp
Mmm. I bet people have abbreviated my name in the past and I've missed it.

I see people say "a" lots; maybe they are referring to me.

To be honest I'd like to toggle-enable a jingle when someone mentions your name, in case osu! doesn't have focus (I like to draw~)
Sinistro

awp wrote:

To be honest I'd like to toggle-enable a jingle when someone mentions your name, in case osu! doesn't have focus
Seconded.
Topic Starter
YoshiKart

Sinistro wrote:

awp wrote:

To be honest I'd like to toggle-enable a jingle when someone mentions your name, in case osu! doesn't have focus
Seconded.
There's that idea that was lodged in the back of my head. :o :P
ROMaster2
I see no problem with this ides :)
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
*bump*
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
This would be pretty useful considering everyone calls me Luigi.
RemmyX25

LuigiHann wrote:

This would be pretty useful considering everyone calls me Luigi.
Or LH.

Lemme list mine:
RemmyX25 <<my user name
Remmy
Rem
Remington
X (I think this was once)
Rich (my brothers are idiots)
EDIT: Remdawg (Ivalset)
Ivalset
Don't forget Remdawg, Remdawg.
awp
Self-defined highlights would be handy

even though LH is pretty good at catching the two letters LH when they are placed together like that

Download: revolution.osu
Metroid
what does highlighting the name do? Can it make it so you can chat only to the highlighted person or right click and do some options like PM and block or something?
Sinistro
It alerts the person whose name you mentioned. It's usually used to draw a user's attention. Well, at least that's its intended function.
Echo
It's also a handy way to break someone's combo
RemmyX25

Echo49 wrote:

It's also a handy way to break someone's combo
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
show more