forum

I've got an awesome idea for a game.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
OK, I know you think this should go in Other Games, but it's just a Random idea, so I'm gonna post it here.
One word, one number.
BoogieBot 4000!
It's a rhythm game where you play as a robot, and you sit in a room with conveyor belts in front, above, and besides you.
Basically, little packs, (Basically the beats of this game.) will come through, and you have to hit them when they get into a certain area of the conveyor belt.
To help people in need, you need to keep your fuel up, and finish the song!
If you need more info, just ask.
Songs will include (But are not limited to):
Hare Hare Yukai - Hirano Aya
Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet
Can't Defeat Airman - Team Nekokan
Killer Queen - Queen
And many more!
EDIT (To shut everyone up about this game being similar to DDR)
Other Rhythm Games I've Taken Inspiration From:
EBA/Ouendan (Story mode, some songs will be from Ouendan and EBA)
Guitar Hero (An extra 3rd and 4th platform/conveyor belt in the harder modes, some song will be from Guitar Hero)

Games This Is Similar To, But Were Not Intended For Inspiration:
DDR/Stepmania (The idea of hitting packs to the beat, because DDR really invented the idea of hitting things to the beat)
awp
So, DDR but with EBA/Ouendan's visual elements (as oppose to the DDR dancers which do their own thing independant of the song)
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Nah, this is for Wii, and you use the Wiimote and Nunchuk.
You hit the packs when they drift into the right area.
And the robot (Your character) follows your arms. You move the Wiimote and Nunchuk to control the robots arms. You strike down to hit the packs on the conveyor belt in front of you, and you strike up to hit the packs on the top conveyor belt, etc.
Loginer

Agent BA8 Rookbie wrote:

Nah, this is for Wii, and you use the Wiimote and Nunchuk.
You hit the packs when they drift into the right area.
And the robot (Your character) follows your arms. You move the Wiimote and Nunchuk to control the robots arms. You strike down to hit the packs on the conveyor belt in front of you, and you strike up to hit the packs on the top conveyor belt, etc.
Sounds like DDR in disguise to me. <.<
MegaTailzChao
I could totally make this.

But the chances of me actually finishing it are almost nil plus I don't like your song selection.
Loginer

MegaTailzChao wrote:

I could totally make this.

But the chances of me actually finishing it are almost nil plus I don't like your song selection.
Don't worry, it's already been done.
Potestas
Hmm, sounds interesting enough... Let me know when you start developing it.
awp

Potestas wrote:

Hmm, sounds interesting enough... Let me know when you start developing it.
lol
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Loginer, you're extremely funny. Ha ha ha...
FUCK DD FUCKIN' R. IT'S A PILE OF SHIT FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE ABSOLUTE FUCKIN' SPAZZES. DON'T YOU DARE COMPARE MY FUCKING IDEA TO DDR, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOTHING ALIKE.
awp

Agent BA8 Rookbie wrote:

It's a rhythm game where you play as a robot, and you sit in a room with conveyor belts in front, above, and besides you.
Up, Down, Left and Right.

Agent BA8 Rookbie wrote:

Basically, little packs, (Basically the beats of this game.) will come through, and you have to hit them when they get into a certain area of the conveyor belt.
Press Up, Down, Left, or Right as needed when the boxes reach a certain point in the conveyor belt, in time with the music.

Agent BA8 Rookbie wrote:

To help people in need, you need to keep your fuel up, and finish the song!
Hitting the notes by pressing Up, Down, Left or Right in time to the music will restore your fuel(health).
Loginer

Agent BA8 Rookbie wrote:

Loginer, you're extremely funny. Ha ha ha...
FUCK DD FUCKIN' R. IT'S A PILE OF SHIT FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE ABSOLUTE FUCKIN' SPAZZES. DON'T YOU DARE COMPARE MY FUCKING IDEA TO DDR, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOTHING ALIKE.
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Oh, what do we have here. A picture that I actually understand, unlike an empty fucking fry box.
Loginer
Don't worry, I fixed that pic, just for you. :>

Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
I get that shit now, after having it rigorously explained to me. You know, you could just say it, instead of having these useless pictures everywhere.
awp
Sometimes, it's more fun to defy convention.
LuigiHann
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Nothing seems to make sense anymore. First retarded undecipherable pictures, now retarded undecipherable Game and Watch videos?
Darius Ukugagi

LuigiHann wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLHWIPuBrZM
Exactly what I was thinking of!

But seriously, Rookbie, I think you're taking this a bit too harshly, people are right about this, and LuigiHann pretty much supported that. Maybe you find some way to make it different rather than just yelling at Loginer?
Topic Starter
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Hm...
Nah, yelling at Loginer works.
Anyway, I already settled it. Anyway, who really gives two SHITS if my idea is like DDR? Rock Band is like Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero is like Guitar Freaks, Parappa the Rapper is like a lot of PS1/2 Rhythm Games before peripherals...
Similarities happen in the gaming world, especially the Rhythm game section of it.
Loginer

Agent BA8 Rookbie wrote:

Hm...
Nah, yelling at Loginer works.
I'm holding the Edit button. Don't piss me off. <.<"
show more