forum

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Cruel Angel's Thesis

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, May 26, 2008 at 10:09:01 PM

Artist: Neon Genesis Evangelion
Title: Cruel Angel's Thesis
BPM: 128.9
Filesize: 8540kb
Play Time: 01:27
Difficulties Available:
  1. Rei (Easy) (0.55 stars, 63 notes)
  2. Shinji (Normal) (2.64 stars, 99 notes)
  3. Asuka (Hard) (4.48 stars, 163 notes)
Download: Neon Genesis Evangelion - Cruel Angel's Thesis
Download: Neon Genesis Evangelion - Cruel Angel's Thesis (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Renamed difficulties. I felt they needed to be named after characters, but couldn't come up with a logical order... so I ended up ranking them based on how easy they are to boss around.
Thanks to everyone who helped with the timing.

Edit: Added Jamespacing to hard mode.
Sinistro
Great to see that song mapped, how did people miss it?

-50 ms to offsets, nudge 1:27:04 (4) in Normal 1/4 beat earlier. Video/audio sync seems good now. Would have liked a harder mode, but I guess it's not essential to have one.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mtmcl
I can't see the video in [Normal] :( Anyone else have this problem or is it just me?
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

mtmcl wrote:

I can't see the video in [Normal] :( Anyone else have this problem or is it just me?
It's a bug. I keep fixing it but it keeps unfixing itself.
Behon
The Normal Feels like Hard and the Easy feels like Normal. Maybe you should retitle them or tone them down a bit.
awp
I think you were wanting revised timing for this, or a third or fourth opinion? I think the offset should be 14,915, using the bpm of 128.90 (I'm looking at easy atm)

Beat placements themselves look A-OK to me. Take a look at the offset and do with it what you will...I'll star it for now, bubble/rank it after you decide whether or not you're going to change the offset (I think you're 15ms too late though).

Video works on all 3 diffs for me btw so gj fixing it.
Echo
Timing sounds fine, and maps look great; however:

In both normal and hard the time 00:50.29 to 00:51.68 seem a bit lacking compared to the music and video. Can you possibly do something there similar to 00:57:73 (1,2,3,4) in hard (ie. one beat every full beat to match the video and music)?

Also the placement of beats in Easy are really random and doesn't look like there was any thought put into making any specific patterns, and that rather annoyed me, since it's easiest appreciate the placement rather than the timing of the beats in Easy. If it sounds too complicated then ignore me, but that's just what I think.

Topic Starter
LuigiHann
I appreciate the feedback. I will take a look at it.

Edit: Looked at it. See first post.
James
Good to go? Yep.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
If this isn't ranked soon I might add some Jamesspacing to Hard mode.
James
Ahhhhhhhhh go ahead~
awp
Jamesspacing added and mmm-mmm yummy.

<3

EDIT: Aaaaand SH'd hard.
hunnykilla
This song sounds familiar, i think it was in taiko ds.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

Nakao wrote:

This song sounds familiar, i think it was in taiko ds.
It was in Taiko DS 2.

It's also the theme song to one of the most influential anime of all time >_>
[deleted user]
I'm new here and this is my first post. I have no video at all for any modes, and I can't find the download the one with the video, can someone please help me with this.
[Youmu]

ssbmfreak wrote:

I'm new here and this is my first post. I have no video at all for any modes, and I can't find the download the one with the video, can someone please help me with this.
Uhm this should have a video i think, and if you cant see any videos at all for songs, go to options in the game and make sure the background video is squared aka checked
[deleted user]
I just started playing a few days ago so I don't know where that option is.

Edit: Sorry. didn't read Ayame's post fully
Dark Drifter
Love this Beatmap, awesome work.
DJ_A1
啥牌子的鼠标,推荐一下
show more