forum

SKIN - Spinner-spin acceleration disable [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
awp
Requesting flag in skin.ini to disable the spinner-spin sound getting higher pitched the more you spin it (so it keeps the frequency consistent) plzzzzzzz
LuigiHann
I approve.
peppy
2008-05-20
(+) Added skin.ini variable "SpinnerFrequencyModulate". Defaults to 1. When set to 0 the spinner sound will not increase in frequency.
(+) Added skin.ini variable "SpinnerFadePlayfield". Defaults to 1. Fades the playfield to black during spinners.
(+) Added skin.ini variable "LayeredHitSounds". Defaults to 1. When set to 0, whistle/finish hits will NOT play the normal sample layer.

a few bonus items.
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
awp

LuigiHann wrote:

Any way to make it so that te spinner sound increases in frequency but not pitch? I think that's what AWP intended. I realize there are logistical problems with that, but you seem to do something like that for playing songs at different speeds.

Also, I don't think LayeredHitSounds: 0 works at the moment. It seems like the normal sound still plays.
It's more of period versus frequency. I know you're using frequency in the non-scientific term, as in "how often it happens", but that would be the period.

And yes, I would like to have that, so that the period becomes more rapid (meaning as you spin faster you hear the noise more often) but the actual sound of the spinner doesn't increase. A bit tricky to avoid having the sound overlap, though, unless it was chopped up like 2x replay's audio.
LuigiHann
Actually, for my purpose, I suppose I wouldn't mind having the sounds overlap. Dunno about yours.

And thanks for the correction of word choice. I wasn't sure; I was going from memory based on the terms Audacity uses.
peppy
Frequency = pitch of sound.

Anyways I can make it just "speed up", but it will lag slightly.
Topic Starter
awp

LuigiHann wrote:

Actually, for my purpose, I suppose I wouldn't mind having the sounds overlap.
I gave it some thought and yeah having the sounds overlap works much better actually.
peppy
I can make it overlap but limit the concurrent sound count to about 3 max. Older sound cards will struggle otherwise.
LuigiHann

peppy wrote:

I can make it overlap but limit the concurrent sound count to about 3 max. Older sound cards will struggle otherwise.
That sounds like a decent compromise. Too much overlap would sound weird anyway.
Topic Starter
awp
Excellent.