forum

B0UNC3 - ALIVE

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tieff
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 13 октября 2010 г. at 3:35:26

Artist: B0UNC3
Title: ALIVE
Tags: Shinxyn
BPM: 150
Filesize: 3545kb
Play Time: 02:48
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (5 stars, 424 notes)
  2. Normal+ (4,64 stars, 269 notes)
  3. Shinxyn's Normal (2,89 stars, 222 notes)
Download: B0UNC3 - ALIVE
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Oh, hi.
AngelHoney
=w=/
[DBF]
Star~
Backstep
><" Star.
NatsumeRin
star
dNextGen
glad to see this got revived again 8-)
Natteke
!
yonosoyyosinotu
Love this kinda tchno music
star ^,^
Armin
Irc modding

- Changed a pattern in Shinxyn's Normal, in order to make diff spread more homogeneous
- Deleted last slider in Hard, because of its confusing part (even if it was nice!)
- Changed offset.

Bubbled.
Derekku
[General]
*Shinxyn should be in the tags of ALL the difficulties.
*I thought it was strange that the combo colors were purple-purple-blue-white. Why not alternate the purples instead of having them one after another?

[Shinxyn's Normal]
*...WHERE ARE THE BREAKS!?!?
*A bit hard to be the easiest difficulty in the set (actually it's a bit hard just as a "normal" difficulty). Could you at least use the largest circle size please?
01:12:152 (1,2,3) - Really confusing for an easy/normal difficulty. (and the subsequent similar patterns)
*Repeating sliders used towards the middle/end were a bit hard to guess when they stop repeating (especially since some had varying numbers of repeats).

[Normal+]
*"Normal" huh? Please rename this to "Hard".
*OD and AR could really be raised a tick each.
00:50:952 - Why not add a note here with the kiai fountain?
00:56:152 (1) - thought that this was only 1/2 after the last slider (confusing)
01:10:152 - No note to go with this? If you don't want to add a note to this spot and the other one, then at least add the other kiai fountain at 50:952.
01:15:752 (4,1,2,1) - spacing?
01:18:952 (6,1,2,1) - spacing?

[Hard]
*"Hard"? Please rename this to "Insane".
00:35:952 (3,4,5) - this really confused me. Could you place 5 closer to the end of 4?
01:31:352 (1) - don't have this overlapping the beginning of 2 so much. Otherwise, it's too hard to tell that the other sliders only start 1/4th after the sliders instead of 1/2.
*This diff was a bit hard to follow in spots. I know that the style of the song makes things tricky to begin with, but I think that you could have made some spots a bit more intuitive without dumbing down the difficulty.

Uh, is Armin's post the only mod post? o____o; Sorry, but I'm going to have to pop this bubble. My main gripe is that I really cannot accept Normal as the easiest difficulty in this mapset. The lack of breaks, fast-paced beats that require too much accuracy/precision, and some tricky patterns are a bit too much for an Easy. However, this is a STRONG normal diff, so I'd like to see it stay like that. This map has hardly been touched by modders, so I'd like to see a bit more modding (as well as an actual easy difficulty) on this before another bubble (is there really a rush to get this ranked so quickly?). tieff, call me back when you think this map is ready and I'll gladly remod/rebubble it.
Natteke
Bloody hell, another pissing-off mod post.
Make sure that you are COMPLETELY CONFIDENT BEFORE POPPING A BUBLE.

On an unrelated note:

MetalMario201 wrote:

NEW RANKING GUIDELINE: Must be fcable by a n00b with Hidden/HR/DoubleTime! Please wait while I unrank 90% of the maps.
Topic Starter
tieff
Umm, yeah. -_-
This isn't a mod post from person, who have power to give and pop bubble.

SPOILER
[Normal+]
*"Normal" huh? Please rename this to "Hard". No
*OD and AR could really be raised a tick each. K
00:50:952 - Why not add a note here with the kiai fountain? K
00:56:152 (1) - thought that this was only 1/2 after the last slider (confusing) No
01:10:152 - No note to go with this? If you don't want to add a note to this spot and the other one, then at least add the other kiai fountain at 50:952. K
01:15:752 (4,1,2,1) - spacing? ...
01:18:952 (6,1,2,1) - spacing? ...

[Hard]
*"Hard"? Please rename this to "Insane". No
00:35:952 (3,4,5) - this really confused me. Could you place 5 closer to the end of 4? K
01:31:352 (1) - don't have this overlapping the beginning of 2 so much. Otherwise, it's too hard to tell that the other sliders only start 1/4th after the sliders instead of 1/2.
*This diff was a bit hard to follow in spots. I know that the style of the song makes things tricky to begin with, but I think that you could have made some spots a bit more intuitive without dumbing down the difficulty.
is there really a rush to get this ranked so quickly?
This map is 3 months old. Hmm... Yup, I can wait another 3 months.
deadbeat
<3 b0unc3. nice work guys :)
Card N'FoRcE
Couldn't find any real issues in any difficulty, but i agree for renaming Normal+ to Hard and Hard to Insane.
That way the GAP between the difficulties is expressed better, since the actual Normal+ makes use of traps that express the feeling of a "Hard" and the actual Hard has totally "Insane" traps/jumps.

About the GAP itself, Shinxyn's Normal seems ok as the easier difficulty here. It's not like this kind of song can make use of a <1 star Easy.
Natteke
Difficulty name doesn't mean shit IMO.
Alace
I was thinking about suggesting tick 1, but tick2 sounds really good in most parts (tick2 is too much for the soft part in hard)
and diff name is really a tiny stuff, you can just name those diffs to Birth Life and Death

timing and maps are all good, just kick my ass to recheck your mapset if you really change something

-o-

JamesEdit:
stop it you fat guy
James2250
I think people are much happier when a map has a mod on it before it gets ranked..at least for some valid opinions not just nazi things
There is nothing wrong with leaving some comments on a bubbled map and not popping it (which is what I did with that quote)

-o-

REAL JamesEdit:
stop provoking people.
if you think youre better than bats, prove it. and dont prove it by using more mod lines / mod post
Topic Starter
tieff
I'm happy to get every comment and useful opinion.
mm201
Shinxyn's Normal:
  1. 00:37:952 (2), etc. - This broke my combo the first time because up to this point, there are no 1/2s, and this doesn't even follow anything.
  2. 01:29:xxx (break) - What the hell is up with all these useless green sections? Please remove.
  3. 01:20:152 (1,3) - I disagree with overlaps on the easiest difficulty of a map.
  4. 02:21:752 (2) - Kick sliders like this don't belong on the easiest difficulty.
  5. 02:29:752 (2) - ^
Normal+:
  1. Normal+ is not a difficulty name. Call this Hard.
  2. 00:15:552 (2,3,1) - Ugly overlap
  3. 00:55:352 (2,1), etc. - Slider end stacks are always confusing, and these are no exception.
  4. 01:06:552 (3,4) - Ugly overlap
  5. 01:24:xxx (breaks) - I hate how these breaks are all clustered around the same time. Please try spacing them more evenly to be more useful to the player and avoid this gap of boredom.
  6. 01:48:352 (2,3,1) - ^
  7. 01:52:352 (5,1,2,1) - The mid-stack new combos are super ugly. Place new combos at 01:52:152 (4) and 01:54:752 (2).
  8. 02:13:752 (3,1) - Se above regarding the stupid stacks.
  9. 02:30:352 (5,1), etc. - More colour changing stacks looking ugly
Hard:
  1. This is a mess. Suff felt like it was just thrown all over the place for the sake of adding difficulty and confusion instead of flowing with the music.
  2. Please call this Insane.
  3. 00:11:752 (2,3), etc. - These are awkward. Consider unstacking?
  4. 00:14:152 (3,4) - Abrupt
  5. 00:23:752 (9) - Speed this up to at least 0.6x so that its tick will be visible.
  6. 00:50:952 (6) - ^
  7. 00:54:752 (2,3) - Spacing
  8. 00:58:952 (5,1,2,3) - Ugly awkward SFG cluster
  9. 01:10:152 (4) - Speed to at least 0.6x
  10. 01:19:352 (2,3,4,5) - Awkward. Suggesting you replace the slider with a hitcircle, then add circles at 1:19:852 and 1:19:952.
  11. 01:20:952 (2,3,4,5) - ^
  12. 01:31:xxx - In keeping to 3 slider speeds, these should also be increased to 0.6x. It also makes them look much more attractive without the missing start/end ticks.
  13. 01:36:xxx - 01:42:xxx - This doesn't follow anything and is really strange to read.
  14. 01:44:552 (2,3), etc. - See 00:11:xxx.
Topic Starter
tieff
This is a mess. Suff felt like it was just thrown all over the place for the sake of adding difficulty and confusion instead of flowing with the music.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Normal+ is not a difficulty name. Call this Hard.
I can call it "Another", or "Live", or "Shit", or "Banana", you know.
show more