forum

Various requests [Waiting]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Jdbye
peppy asked me to post a topic in here because I had so many requests, so I'll be posting any ideas I get in here.
They'll be numbered after the order I think of them.

[DONE] 1. An alternate navigation mode in song list with mouse, that does not take the number of songs into consideration, and just scrolls at a speed according to where you hold the mouse, but does not jump to the edge of the list if you move the mouse to the edge.
[DONE (I THINK)] 4. A quick way to see if you have a local score on any given song without actually switching to the local scoreboard, for example a little icon next to the song titles in the list.
[NEVERMIND LOL] 6. Sorting songs by date added. When you have 300 songs, and you add a beatmap pack, it's nice to be able to know which of the songs are new. Note that I'm not talking about date submitted to beatmap database or date the beatmap was created, but the date it was added to the local database.

2. Sort songs by player's best score.
3. Sort songs by player's best ranking. (SS, S, A, B, C, D and so on)

[according to peppy, it's being done] 5. Show only songs with local score, and don't show songs with local score (filter)

7. While in the song list, show the total number of songs (in the corner, or something), and upon applying filters, show the number of songs shown out of total amount. Just a minor suggestion, should be like 2 lines of code to add. :P
Gemi
The song navigation is atm very unusable for me, but I'm not sure what I'd like to get changed, so I'll not comment on that further yet.

New sort orders are always welcome, but the game needs another way of displaying all sort orders since there are so many new possibilities that should be added.

Agreed with #4, I constantly switch between local and global now.
awp

Gemi wrote:

The song navigation is atm very unusable for me, but I'm not sure what I'd like to get changed, so I'll not comment on that further yet.
peppy just changed this and it fucking rocks now (well so long as you don't hit the arrow keys on the keyboard~)
peppy
Tis what happens when people complain :P.
Gemi
The song scrolling update rocks my socks!
Topic Starter
Jdbye
More requests added :p
awp

Jdbye wrote:

6. Sorting songs by date added. When you have 300 songs, and you add a beatmap pack, it's nice to be able to know which of the songs are new.
Have you tried the "date" tab in the song filter
Topic Starter
Jdbye

awp wrote:

Jdbye wrote:

6. Sorting songs by date added. When you have 300 songs, and you add a beatmap pack, it's nice to be able to know which of the songs are new.
Have you tried the "date" tab in the song filter
Yeah, but it's by date created, not date added to local song database.
peppy
It actually IS the date stored to the local db (assuming you let osu! extract your osz files).
Neogetz_old
Date tab is the date you add the map to your local copy of osu.
Topic Starter
Jdbye
Request #7 added.
Gemi

Jdbye wrote:

2. Sort songs by player's best score.
3. Sort songs by player's best ranking. (SS, S, A, B, C, D and so on)
Agreed. Please sort by online scores, not local scores.

Jdbye wrote:

[according to peppy, it's being done] 5. Show only songs with local score, and don't show songs with local score (filter)
Even better would be to filter out songs where you have/don't have online score. Local score filtering is useless when multiple players play on the same computer.

Jdbye wrote:

7. While in the song list, show the total number of songs (in the corner, or something), and upon applying filters, show the number of songs shown out of total amount. Just a minor suggestion, should be like 2 lines of code to add. :P
Good idea.
peppy
All these sorting suggestions are REALLY starting to piss me off. You guys want to sort by anything and everything? Then figure out where the hell you want all these options. Maybe I can give you a database schema and you can assign SQL queries to each tab manually? This may work a lot better.
Gemi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gemi
I made a couple of quick photoshops and here are the results for anyone interested who didn't see them on irc. Yes, they look crappy, but it shows you the two possibilities that I had in mind fairly well.

http://gem.users.paivola.fi/osu/layout1.jpg

http://gem.users.paivola.fi/osu/layout2.jpg

There is also the possibility of having a separate screen altogether for the sorting options just like there is one for the mods, but that takes away some usability.

Peppy says that UI coding like this takes time, so this will probably no be in anytime soon, but I'm documenting this here for later use.