Overall Difficulty: 4 / 10
Sliders: Yes
Spinners: Yes
Overlaps: Yes
Videos: No
Breaks: No
Osu! build: b99

< Description / Notes >
This is Cross Time from O2Jam. Hmm...more rapid-clicking I guess. For this particular beatmap, the notes will follow various instruments and occasionally the lyrics so be prepared (the frequency is quite high, hence I highlight this).

< Link >
http://osu.ppy.sh/d/85

< Edits >
eyup
OH... MY... GOD...
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

This song is illegal. There is no disclaimer stating that there is a high chance of either physical or mental injury (or both). I demand compensation!

Yet another mind-blowing, free-flowing, eye-popping, jaw-dropping, ego-reducing, epilepsy-inducing sanity tester!

*contemplates long future hours attempting to perfect this map*

I don't know what else to say... except... never stop pushing these boundaries... you are awesome!
Topic Starter
FFFanatic

eyup wrote:

OH... MY... GOD...
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

This song is illegal. There is no disclaimer stating that there is a high chance of either physical or mental injury (or both). I demand compensation!

Yet another mind-blowing, free-flowing, eye-popping, jaw-dropping, ego-reducing, epilepsy-inducing sanity tester!

*contemplates long future hours attempting to perfect this map*

I don't know what else to say... except... never stop pushing these boundaries... you are awesome!
wow...interesting comment LOL...thanks :D
eyup
OK now that my adrenalin has settled down, I guess I can comment properly. :D

In case you (and anyone else) may have misinterpreted me in my previous post, I was praising the map :D I think you have done the song justice - the song is a pretty crazy mix of instruments and rhythms and beats, and the beatmap is equally crazy (in the good sense). There are plenty of combo changes which is good because the health meter recovers faster. Timing is perfect - I especially love the triplets, which really break up the rhythm.

My only criticism is - this song should be [Insane] :mrgreen: Although it is passable after much effort!
Topic Starter
FFFanatic

eyup wrote:

OK now that my adrenalin has settled down, I guess I can comment properly. :D

In case you (and anyone else) may have misinterpreted me in my previous post, I was praising the map :D I think you have done the song justice - the song is a pretty crazy mix of instruments and rhythms and beats, and the beatmap is equally crazy (in the good sense). There are plenty of combo changes which is good because the health meter recovers faster. Timing is perfect - I especially love the triplets, which really break up the rhythm.

My only criticism is - this song should be [Insane] :mrgreen: Although it is passable after much effort!
lol I guess you could say that. Unfortunately, the circle size etc. shows otherwise, so you can call it [Insanely-Hard] :D
Extor
WHO CARES ABOUT CIRCLE SIZE! THIS SONG IS INDEED INSANE! *dies*

...Phew...

Ok... I'm a bit calm now, I'll tell you my approach at this beatmap:

I was going to do what I do with all the beatmaps, I go straight to play without even hearing the song. So... 5 seconds after it started, I was at the "retry" screen. I was like "WTF?" and went to the editor to see the whole beatmap.

Well... I'm pretty amazed at the quality of the beatmap, the positioning of the notes is awesome and how the notes goes through the music is excellent. I don't think I'll ever go through this one, unless I memorize the whole beatmap (I plan to do it...)

Seriously, I don't think the number of stars justify the Insanity of a song. This one IS insane. Making circles smallers makes it "Impossible" or something like that. XD

That's all...
Kylecito
haha great job, this is one fucked up map! i agree it should be insane instead of hard tho, even if it's really fun to play
peppy
Added to rankings!
Echo

Extor wrote:

I was going to do what I do with all the beatmaps, I go straight to play without even hearing the song. So... 5 seconds after it started, I was at the "retry" screen. I was like "WTF?" and went to the editor to see the whole beatmap.
Same here =D

Brilliant work on the beatmap, got some new ideas for my ones as well =P

IMO, "hard" is the right level for this beatmap. It's fast, but most if not all the beats are straightforward enough and the circle size is only 4. Now, if the circle size was 10 or something, then feel free to call it "insane" =P

edit: Although, after playing this, my "hard" beatmap for Sakuranbo suddenly seems a lot easier...
Topic Starter
FFFanatic
Wow...I didn't know a most of you would find this song [Insane]...

Oh well...anyway, I think I'll put more consideration when I'm determing the difficulty, and not take circle size into account that much, next time. But for now, this stays as hard...Anyway, thanks for all the comments so far :) .
Ivalset
I personally think hard is fine here. It's a bit of a shock at first; seeing like 20 circles clustered in the middle right at the start is overwhelming, but once you learn the rhythm and the like, it becomes a lot simpler and much more enjoyable. Not simple enough for me to have any consistency whatsoever, but I definitely enjoy every second spent playing this beatmap.

Also, I hate Sakuranbo on Hard. Oh lord, how much I hate.
Echo

Ivalset wrote:

Also, I hate Sakuranbo on Hard. Oh lord, how much I hate.
Why? :o
Ivalset
It crushes my soul. Oh, how it pains. Plus the music eats away at my sanity.

Whatever's left of it, anyway.
peppy
Ivalset hates any song he can't get top score in ;).
Ivalset
Pfft, lies. I've given up on trying to take down Disco Prince, and I still like that song.
Kylecito

Ivalset wrote:

Pfft, lies. I've given up on trying to take down Disco Prince, and I still like that song.
about bride on dream, i just made your goal harder to achieve ;)
Kodora
And it still the great one.

<3