forum

Fire effects won't display.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
My graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9250, so I don't think it's the card.

Anyways, when I play the game, I get something along the lines of, "Cannot display Fire effects. Automatically disabling."
I can turn them on in the options menu, but I get that message when the effect should appear. :/

Everything else runs fine, (Besides experimenting with FFDshow's video config for codecs to get some videos to display.)
Kylecito
fire effect needs extra shaders. my card is almost identical to yours (8500) and can't render them either.
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
Ah, so it is my card. *Pouts*

Oh well, then. It's just a minor setback for me in terms of eye candy, lol.
chan
You could just get a video of some fire and make that the video for your song :D
RemmyX25
But that defeats the purpose of the fire! The flames represent how hard you're cheering your target on, but that really is redundant in osu! as theres no storyline.

So in conclusion the flames give more feel of Ouendan.

And i pretty much just rambled about nothing.
TiZ
The combo fire kills my computer. Induces really bad lag. So I just don't use it. It may simply be better to not use it.
peppy

Twilight in Zero wrote:

The combo fire kills my computer. Induces really bad lag. So I just don't use it. It may simply be better to not use it.
Yeah it uses some pretty recent shader techniques... which will run not so well on older graphics cards. I have considered looking into this at some point to see if I can optimise further..