forum

Yuki Kajiura - Song of storm and fire

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Metroid
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 12:03:07 AM

Artist: Yuki Kajiura
Title: Song of storm and fire
BPM: 112.01
Filesize: 3912kb
Play Time: 03:48
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (1.14 stars, 201 notes)
  2. Easy (1.08 stars, 198 notes)
Download: Yuki Kajiura - Song of storm and fire
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my first beatmap.
If their are any keys off tune or somthing wrong please tell me.
If your wondering why I didn't use a Tsubasa clip and instead put up the Maplestory boss Horntail? Well 1 I don't have any clips and 2 Their was a cool Horntail GM event in JMS that someone recorded and they used this song.
Why don't I have sliders in this song? I don't know how to put them together without making mroe work for myself.
Rolled

Metroid wrote:

Why don't I have sliders in this song? I don't know how to put them together without making mroe work for myself.
Beatmaps require a lot of work. A quality beatmap usually isn't put together in any less than 2 or 3 hours. Some maps have required 7, 8, or even more hours of work (ohi awp shotgun) But sliders are really easy. You just left click for the start of the slider, drag, then right click to end it. You can add more points in the middle to give the slider some curve etc, also.

But lets get to the beatmap. Toss your current values. Offset (the first actual beat in the song) is 5310 and the BPM is 140. Once you have that done, pay attention to spacing. Since you are a new mapper I reccomend just toggling on "Distance snapping." This will force your notes to have proper spacing.

Also, read/re-read the FAQ. It helps you out with things like sliders, proper spacing, and offset/bpm work. There is also a BPM analyzer in the Beatmap Help section that gave me the perfect BPM for this song.

So welcome to Osu, and to beatmapping.