forum

Space Channel 5 - Introducing Ulala

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 1:42:51 PM

Artist: Naofumi Hataya
Title: Spaceport: Introducing Ulala!!
BPM: 144.01
Filesize: 4780kb
Play Time: 02:50
Difficulties Available:
  1. Swayin' (2.39 stars, 178 notes)
  2. Swingin' (3.67 stars, 329 notes)
Download: Naofumi Hataya - Spaceport: Introducing Ulala!!
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Theme song for Space Channel 5. Let me know what you think of timing so far. Not too confident in the offset at the moment.

Whoooosh. Only one difficulty again, but it gets progressively harder through the course of the song.

Added custom sounds.

Added Easy mode.

Added a ton of timing sections to switch between samplesets, because Rolled okayed the timing. If anybody else suggests changes to the offset or bpm I will kick everyone in the balls. Repeatedly.

Changed difficulty names again. Just to be irritating.

Gameplay video from Space Channel 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0A5smrzVaA
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Bumping because this is completed.
Rolled
Your timing is fine. No problems there with that.

And this map right here is proof that a song does not need 100% enforced distance snapping to make a very good map. It looks like the spacing got gradually larger throughout the song to increase it's difficulty a bit. I haven't actually seen this done before, but it is cool. There is also spots such as the 5 ~1:10:00 into the song. Some people might nazi this for you but I think it's easy enough to follow along with the beat of the song to realize that it is still a full beat away from the 4.

My only concern is that this might slightly be too hard to rank on its own. But I'm open to other's opinions, etc. Starring this now though :D Nice map.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
( LuigiHann ) this map is a secret
( LuigiHann ) don't tell anybody

:lol:
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
LOVE those hitsounds of yours, so funny.
Almost SSd this hard but broke the combo because of those spinners... but its OK I got it on second try but with >10 100s haha
Sinistro
Now that you put a break in Swingin', play time is within acceptable limits. That ultra fast spinner surprised me, but I don't believe it's really objectionable. In fact, I don't believe I see anything objectionable, therefore...

Congratulations, Ms. Ulala. You are joining our ranks, effective immediately. Your task is to provide players with points.
RadioShadow
Did you include the 'shit' sound? XD

Well it sounds like the aliens say shit in the game. :P
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

RadioShadow wrote:

Did you include the 'shit' sound? XD

Well it sounds like the aliens say shit in the game. :P
Ahaha. I heard it like that when I first played, but apparently it's "Chu!" Either way, I did include that as a custom sound. Is it not audible enough? It plays in certain sections, along with Ulala's "Shoot!" response.
RadioShadow
^ I asked the question before I downloaded it. ^^'
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

RadioShadow wrote:

^ I asked the question before I downloaded it. ^^'
Ah, then sorry I spoiled it ;) I think you'll enjoy it.