forum

Force Skin Override [rejected]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
ROMaster2
An option to disable a Beatmap's built on skin (Like custom spinners).

Just came to me.
Echo
Why?
Duoprism
Because sometimes the custom skin items aren't what you want? Basically the same reason you might use No Video I guess.
Echo
Next we'll be asking for no custom soundsets, then it'll be no storyboard, then it'll be no [insert cool feature here], and finally no osu >.>

Show me an example where you'd want such an option and why you'd want to disable the custom skin.
peppy
I'm with echo - I'm sick of people saying "OMG NEW FEATURE. DO NOT WANT. DISABLE OPTION PLEASE".

I know some people find it hard to deal with change, but I am very against disabling new features or custom skins etc. It is part of the creative space of a beatmapper to assign custom samples/skins to their song. If you don't like it, then play another map or delete the files from the beatmap directory -.-.
awp

Echo49 wrote:

Show me an example where you'd want such an option and why you'd want to disable the custom skin.
Only thing that comes to mind is my current TWEWY maps, "Calling" and "DejaVu", which include a "sneak preview" of some samples from the TWEWY skin - none of which actually made it into the final revision. (Even the audio was changed corrected).