forum

Missing Heart - Moonlight Shadow

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, May 30, 2008 at 5:01:05 PM

Artist: Missing Heart
Title: Moonlight Shadow
BPM: 139.99
Filesize: 5111kb
Play Time: 03:53
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.77 stars, 88 notes)
  2. Normal (0.85 stars, 129 notes)
  3. Easy - Mirror (1.1 stars, 88 notes)
  4. Normal - Mirror (1.18 stars, 129 notes)
  5. Hard (1.81 stars, 196 notes)
  6. Hard - Mirror (2.13 stars, 196 notes)
Download: Missing Heart - Moonlight Shadow
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I finally used the Mixmiser BPM analyzer to figure out the BPM and the beatmap is finished!

Now for the info. This is my greatest beatmap I created! Wth the BPM perfect and offser perfect and with 6 difficulties, this will be the cornerstone of the osu! community!
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
*listening to Deja Vu*

Hmm... how come I'm the only one who knows this beatmap's great?

Is there anyone here who is thinking positive about it?
LuigiHann
I think it's boring. Way too long, and it feels really repetitive. If I were you I'd cut it in half.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

LuigiHann wrote:

I think it's boring. Way too long, and it feels really repetitive. If I were you I'd cut it in half.
But why?

Did you also like the mirror version of the 3 difficulty modes? It's a little harder, overall difficulty wise, but the total score for getting MAX 300 on them are higher. Why is it boring?
awp
I was quite shocked to realise I recognized this song in the form of a Spirit Corpse cover - had you used that version instead I'd likely play this regularly, ho-hum

shot six times by a man on the run~

Anyhow, the beatmap - it is well times and beatspacing is for the most part pretty coherent, but in the first half of the song a lot of stuff is repeated, which is a lost opportunity to explore other patterns. A beatmap that's too repetitive just isn't fun to play.

Honourable mention to this goes to the spot at 2:30 in. Too much spinner spam and too many long sliders. I'd recommend putting in a break and then mixing it up, or having the song fade out and end at this point.

Colour schemes are kind of neat.
Variety is a bit lacking.
Sliders on Easy move too fast, and the overall difficulty of Hard is just too easy.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

awp wrote:

I was quite shocked to realise I recognized this song in the form of a Spirit Corpse cover - had you used that version instead I'd likely play this regularly, ho-hum

shot six times by a man on the run~

Anyhow, the beatmap - it is well times and beatspacing is for the most part pretty coherent, but in the first half of the song a lot of stuff is repeated, which is a lost opportunity to explore other patterns. A beatmap that's too repetitive just isn't fun to play.

Honourable mention to this goes to the spot at 2:30 in. Too much spinner spam and too many long sliders. I'd recommend putting in a break and then mixing it up, or having the song fade out and end at this point.

Colour schemes are kind of neat.
Variety is a bit lacking.
Sliders on Easy move too fast, and the overall difficulty of Hard is just too easy.
*sighs* Well, The spinners, well 6-3 for Easy and 4 for normal and hard, are okay to me, but I'll explain the walkthrough on the spinner-slider transition:

On easy: After the 6 spinners there will be 2 Heart-shaped sliders there and going through the other 3, 4 more heart-shaped slider will appear.

On normal: when 4 spinners are cleared, a star-shaped slider will appear. If your playing normal-normal, the sliderball starts on the left. If your playing mirror-normal, it starts on the right. After the 5 hits, the process starts again, so you have to sat it repetitive, but it's still logical.

On hard, after 4 spins, first there will be 2 heart shaped slider, then a star shaped one. The process is repeated again, followed by an instant spinner.

Sounds pretty logical for a beatmap, right? I mean it maybe repetitive, but trust me, I don't want another beatmap left out!
LuigiHann
I played it on the hardest of the levels, and I got bored. Boring song, boring map, almost 4 minutes long, and it felt like the last minute was all spinners and lame, giant sliders. You could have the song end around the two minute mark, and it'd be a decent map.

And it's not "logical" to have a bunch of spinners in a row, it's "spinner spam," and it's tiring and uninteresting. Similarly, large novelty sliders like your stars are okay once in a while, but you should really limit it to one per map, not a whole set of them in a row.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

LuigiHann wrote:

I played it on the hardest of the levels, and I got bored. Boring song, boring map, almost 4 minutes long, and it felt like the last minute was all spinners and lame, giant sliders. You could have the song end around the two minute mark, and it'd be a decent map.
*sigh* Why am I always shot down by my beatmap ideas? Makes me feel really depressed... :cry:
awp

Dark Deception wrote:

Sounds pretty logical for a beatmap, right?
Well, that's kinda why I brought it up as an issue. I didn't think so, myself.

Dark Deception wrote:

I mean it maybe repetitive, but trust me, I don't want another beatmap left out!
This is a bit of what we call a logical faux-pas. You do not have to change your maps around based on what moderators suggest, however, I'm suggesting this because I feel it would help to improve the beatmap's overall quality, that's all.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

awp wrote:

Dark Deception wrote:

Sounds pretty logical for a beatmap, right?
Well, that's kinda why I brought it up as an issue. I didn't think so, myself.

Dark Deception wrote:

I mean it maybe repetitive, but trust me, I don't want another beatmap left out!
This is a bit of what we call a logical faux-pas. You do not have to change your maps around based on what moderators suggest, however, I'm suggesting this because I feel it would help to improve the beatmap's overall quality, that's all.
*Sigh* Well, how about we group up and help make this beatmap! Does it sound like a good idea?
Dakeyrus
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
I CAN'T DO IT!

I just can't do it!

How about we leave it as it, have it ranked, and call it a day!
awp

Dark Deception wrote:

Ranking's all about standards, hon.

If it's not up to par it can still hang around, but to get ranked a map has to be as close to perfect as possible. If you DO want it ranked, you'll have to stick with it until it reaches that point.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

awp wrote:

Dark Deception wrote:

Ranking's all about standards, hon.

If it's not up to par it can still hang around, but to get ranked a map has to be as close to perfect as possible. If you DO want it ranked, you'll have to stick with it until it reaches that point.
Thanks, but you could give me screenshot help on it.

Also, Did you just call me 'hon'?
awp
Screenshots are a baaaaad way to approach this

especially when you can just copy-pasta time-line entries. Oh! So convenient<3

Anyhow I can't look directly at this right now (lol@work). But if you take LH's advice into consideration, I could crop the song for you nicely.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

awp wrote:

Screenshots are a baaaaad way to approach this

especially when you can just copy-pasta time-line entries. Oh! So convenient<3

Anyhow I can't look directly at this right now (lol@work). But if you take LH's advice into consideration, I could crop the song for you nicely.
Ok! :)

That also helps as 'working together ' right?
awp
Yup. That's what I'm here for.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.