forum

Initialization Error(and related problems)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Alright, I would like everyone to read all of this before trying to help me to fix my problem(I'm sorry, I've been on too many tech support forums where everyone reads the topic and thinks they know what I'm talking about)

First off, I installed Osu! using the offline installer package, and when it gave the option to run it, I did so, and got the initialization error. Of course, I went straight to the help topics on the website, which told me to make sure the .net 2.0 framework is installed. Though I did find it installed on my computer, to be sure I re-downloaded the installer and tried to repair the .net framework installation. I got an error, which only said that the installer package encountered an error and must close. No details on the error or anything.

Next, when I had read about what you had to do to re-install the .net framework, which is, uninstall the current one then install the new one, I went to uninstall and got the same error as before. I found the method on how to manually uninstall .net, but when I ran through the steps, the actual installer for .net was missing,from where it was supposed to be, rendering me unable to go any further with the uninstallation

My two questions are this:
1. is there a different error that is not allowing me to play Osu, and if so can I stop jacking with the .net installation
2. If there is not a different error, I am completely clueless as to what a. the problem with Osu is and b. the problem with .net framework is

Any help is appreciated. I like to be thorough, because there are a lot of jackasses on other tech support forums that couldn't help themselves out of a paper bag
peppy
There's only one initialization error, and that is that the .net framework on your PC is less than v2.0.

As you probably figured after going through the repair steps, your .net install is fucked. I'd recommend looking into that further yourself. Doing a full windows repair may be your best option (you're running xp i assume, because vista comes with .net installed).
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
And that means somehow finding a cd that doesn't exist in my vicinity anymore. Mrow, I'll check back a few times in case someone comes up with something OR can give me some insight on how to avoid a full windows wipe(because at this rate it will mean paying for a new version of XP)
Gemi
You could also use the Windows cd of a friend or search the internet for a cd backup and create your own cd with which you can repair the Windows installation. This isn't illegal since you still use your own cd key.