forum

A-ha - Take On Me

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, September 22, 2008 at 4:48:15 PM

Artist: A-ha
Title: Take On Me
BPM: 84.25
Filesize: 16578kb
Play Time: 01:49
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.87 stars, 39 notes)
  2. Normal (1.96 stars, 164 notes)
  3. Hard (4.48 stars, 406 notes)
  4. Insane (4.81 stars, 489 notes)
Download: A-ha - Take On Me
Download: A-ha - Take On Me (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Normal and Hard modes finished. :)

Timing fixed, should be good now.

Added Easy and Insane difficulties.
Pong_old
I did the first part, was all excited and then all I thought was "that's it"? I wanted to play more! Very good job.
I did feel like the sliders were really fast but then again it complimented the song well. You did really well with the first part of the song and I can't find any timing mistakes in and out of editor.
Rolled
Luigi and I have discussed the timing section @ 132,600 on IRC, but just transfering it to here.

I felt it sounded off in timing mode, and was a bit fast while playing. The values I came up with were 132,650 and 84.3 BPM. While I find that plays well, it just looks ugly compared to the rest.

Unless Luigi changes his mind, normal mode will have his old timing settings for somebody else to mod/play with. Going to need a better ear here though to ensure timing is right.

Starred, until then.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Added easy, working on insane. Insane will be a tweaked version of hard, so hopefully there aren't too many complaints about hard.
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
Bubbling because fix + awesome
mtmcl
I <3 this song.
ROMaster2
Great Beatmap mate!

I beat you on all difficuties except Insane, Saturos will take that one in no time.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Hey Luigi, little problem. The osz. only gives me Normal. Not sure if this is an osu!wide problem or if it's just me though.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Just download the .osu files from the listed files in the OP. =o
Shinde
:D

Yeah that pretty much describes me irl when I play this. I always loved the video for this song, so impressive. Thanks for mapping it LH.
guillaumeb86
I have a problem. The easy Taiko mode don't finish !?
HarryHy
I don't know if I did something wrong, or if it is intentional, but the audio quality is REALLY bad. Like fuzz everywhere. I have heard a much better quality version of this.

Nice map though, only thing I dislike is how the audio is.
James2250

HarryHy wrote:

I don't know if I did something wrong, or if it is intentional, but the audio quality is REALLY bad. Like fuzz everywhere. I have heard a much better quality version of this.

Nice map though, only thing I dislike is how the audio is.
Yeah there are prob better mp3's out there, but this was ranked more than 2 years ago so~
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Yeah that was my bad. The mp3 I had was extremely quiet, so I raised the volume with audacity, and because I was pretty new to that program I didn't pay attention to compression settings or quality loss. Not to mention that this was probably a youtube rip, and at that time youtube didn't exactly have HQ audio like some videos have now.
Derekku
I'm gonna try an online offset of +20 for this. It won't fit perfectly due to the incorrect bpm and multiple uninherited sections, but it should be much better overall.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Should I remap this
Derekku

LuigiHann wrote:

Should I remap this
That would be great; yes.
Krisom
I'd give you a guest diff ~
I-I-If y-you want it >//////////////<
ziin
someone should sing it.