forum

V6 - Honey Beat

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vytalibus
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, June 15, 2008 at 2:58:49 PM

Artist: V6
Title: Honey Beat
BPM: 178.1
Filesize: 6972kb
Play Time: 04:29
Difficulties Available:
  1. Mild (2.09 stars, 221 notes)
  2. Wild (4.62 stars, 449 notes)
Download: V6 - Honey Beat
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I'm trying to make a difficulty-wise progressive beatmap, and here's the result. I'm also challenging myself with using a (to my own opinion) hard-to-tap song. Lastly, I only made two difficulties: Mild is populated by long sliders and intuitive beats meant for Easy to Normal players while Wild is riddled with fast consecutive taps and short sliders to challenge the Hard to Insane players. Whichever you choose, players are discouraged to take this one too lightly, since it's designed not to repeat any pattern. If you miss one part and feel that you need to practice it to perfection, you'll have to start all over again. ;)
James
Okay so i played wild. Everything is smooth going and after some point it gets boring + confusing.

Anyways, timing is spot on. I like it.

Wild:
01:08:67 - you should place this farther form the last note. I almost tripped off at this one.
03:34:88 - you should change the placement of this yellow combo, first, its overlapped by the trail of the slider making 1 almost hidden, and the spacing of 1 to 2 is so narrow I thought they are streams of 1/2. you get this already I think.
04:24:10 - change this yellow combo too, I consider those confusing placement of notes for Insane only :P Even 6 and 7 have wrong spacing.

How about making some of the long sliders (usually at the end of the chorus) into spinners?
Topic Starter
vytalibus

James wrote:

04:24:10 - change this yellow combo too, I consider those confusing placement of notes for Insane only :P Even 6 and 7 have wrong spacing.
Mmm, I think I wasn't clear on that. Wild is supposed to be for Insane players, but I accidentally saved it as a Hard difficulty with only the name changed.
James
Dood. Its not even hard at all, thats the only thing that makes it hard err I mean "combo breaker"
Topic Starter
vytalibus

James wrote:

Dood. Its not even hard at all, thats the only thing that makes it hard err I mean "combo breaker"
Fine, I revamped Wild difficulty for you. I guess "combo breakers" aren't that hard anymore. :roll:
peppy
Glad you mapped this - it was one of the maps on my MUST MAP (but never get around to mapping) list. Very good job on the map. A few small things:

Its long - I would have cut this down to about half the length you did. Your unique patterns make up for this, but I still find myself longing for the end of the song.

Hard:
00:56:55 (4,5) - Not fond of these sliders. The overlap is disconcerting..
04:16:32 (0,1,2,0) - No. Rethink this part - the spinners are too short.
04:31:65 (0,0,0) - This too.
It wouldn't hurt dropping drain/overall difficulty down a notch or two. I can't pass this due to the drain, and I fail >50% of the spinners.
peppy
Ugh, plenty more to do.

01:17:77 (4) - no
01:21:14 (5) - almost no
01:28:55 (8,9) - overlap makes it hard to see the note
01:50:78 (3,4) - yes i don't like overlaps
02:10:66 (1,2) - spacing too small
02:21:78 (3,4) - ditto
02:23:12 (7,8) - ditto
02:31:88 (5,6,7) - misleading spacing - should be double
02:33:23 (1,2,3,4,5) - whistles feel very unbalanced - you have a lot of them then suddenly stop on the part that SHOULD be accented (
03:41:28 (1) - best if the end didn't overlap the start
03:43:98 (2,3,4,5) - messy
03:46:17 (1) - sooo close to the spinner, maybe shorten the spin
03:46:33 (2,3,4,5) - uuugly overlap
04:16:32 (1) - :|
04:19:01 (6) - D:
mtmcl
I'm going to bubble this, and awp is going to tear me apart.
awp
offset sounds better at 11,065 imo

someone or two might argue a smaller increase, but it is a little early, and I'd say between 11060 and 11065 is your best bet.

Mild:
02:35:92 (1) - sliders that overlap make me cry myself to sleep at night. Thanks a lot D= (Just separate the head and tail of the slider)

Wild:
Pretty much good to go.
03:30:67 (1) - starting on the half-beat still throws me off though (personal gripe, you could add a note at the whole-beat leading in if you really wanted to)
peppy

awp wrote:

offset sounds better at 11,065 imo
I haven't heard this change but I will say that I agree with it. The old offset was a touch early (although I didn't mind it because the song is so awesomely high paced that is added an extra sense of urgency. I won't argue though.)

Just make sure you adjust each of your timing sections by the same amount, and move the notes correctly afterwards. I guess you probably figured that out, but thought I'd mention it to be safe.

I'll check offset when I get home.
peppy
Ofset sounds good. Feel like adding a background?
http://p7.p.pixnet.net/albums/userpics/ ... 415932.jpg

Either way, this is ready to be ranked. Will wait for your reply.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
It's ready now. ;)
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
/me was oblivious to peppy's PM inbox problem, so I'm posting here. Well, just telling you all that I've correctly fixed the missing BG problem. :D
Saturos
Should have done this earlier.

Ranked.