forum

Logging into Bancho

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pong_old
I'm having a hard time logging into bancho within Osu: It pops up, I enter my information for the forum and then it says "unable to connect to Bancho".
I installed everything I need to play the game (and it runs great) but I can't get online with it. Any suggestions?
peppy
Update your copy of osu!. Run osume.exe
Topic Starter
Pong_old
I had run my copy of osume.exe and have multiplayer within the game. I'll try running it through osume.exe and see if it helps. I've been running the osu!.exe directly.
Thanks for your help (and for making this game, by the way).
Darius Ukugagi
You know, I've been having the same problems, and it's random, sometimes it even happens to make me have to restart osu! before I could even connect. Is this yet another one of Vista's doing?
Topic Starter
Pong_old

Darius Ukugagi wrote:

You know, I've been having the same problems, and it's random, sometimes it even happens to make me have to restart osu! before I could even connect. Is this yet another one of Vista's doing?
I'm using Windows XP, and I'm not able to log on at all.
I also just updated and then tried running osu! through the osume.exe link but it still wouldn't let me log in with the "Couldn't connect to Bancho" message again.
mattyu007
are you using Norton Personal Firewall or Norton Internet Security? These programs like to block osu from connecting to Bancho and the whole online part of osu
(I've had that problem a gajillion times before)
peppy

Pong wrote:

Darius Ukugagi wrote:

I'm using Windows XP, and I'm not able to log on at all.
I also just updated and then tried running osu! through the osume.exe link but it still wouldn't let me log in with the "Couldn't connect to Bancho" message again.
Okay two more questions:

Do you use a proxy to access the internet, or have a firewall restricting your access?
Can you see the online scorebaord in song selection mode?
RemmyX25
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Pong_old
EDIT: I'm such a dork. When I had my old graphics card for some reason I set the run compatibility to Windows 2000. That's why I got all this crap.
Sorry about all this junk, I'll go back into normality.
So lesson is don't change the compatibility options. I should've fixed it as soon I got the new graphics card. :(
Kiiwi_old
i'm so confused, how do u login into bancho,
my osu wo'nt update either
anonymous_old

Kiiwi wrote:

i'm so confused, how do u login into bancho,
my osu wo'nt update either
Re-download osu!.