forum

Apply different MOD settings to each beatmap [rejected] [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk
Here's a MOD feature idea/request for Osu, and it goes something like this:

1) You select a beatmap in Osu!
2) Select the MOD settings you want to use with the beatmap.
3) Right click on the beatmap, and choose 'Apply MOD settings to currently selected beatmap' from the menu.
4) A small vertical strip then lights up next to the beatmaps name to indicate that MOD settings have been stored for that beatmap.
5) When you play the beatmap, the settings you have stored for that beatmap will override the global MOD settings.
6) To remove the assigned MOD settings for the beatmap, right click on the beatmap and choose 'Remove MOD settings for the currently selected beatmap'.

I think a feature like this would be very useful since I'm constantly changing the MOD settings for each beatmap I play. :)
Vic
Naaaaah, it wouldn`t be that useful. It takes a while to change mods, so, why even bother.

Topic Starter
adamskii_uk

Vic wrote:

Naaaaah, it wouldn`t be that useful. It takes a while to change mods, so, why even bother.
Agreed. This is one of my worst ideas to date, and it's a feature which I doubt I would even use if it was implemented, since I'm always changing MOD settings on a beatmap. :roll:

One thing I'm really good at is coming up with ideas for features in games. They may not always be good or useful, but they can sometimes inspire people to come up with their own ideas. :)