forum

Takeharu Ishimoto - Emptiness And

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
machol30
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, June 28, 2008 at 10:42:38 AM

Artist: Takeharu Ishimoto
Title: Emptiness And
BPM: 160
Filesize: 6644kb
Play Time: 03:00
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.06 stars, 155 notes)
  2. Normal (3.54 stars, 223 notes)
  3. Hard (4.59 stars, 312 notes)
  4. Ultimate (4.92 stars, 408 notes)
Download: Takeharu Ishimoto - Emptiness And
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Man, a lot of twewy songs are getting taken. I know now that there is already an Emptiness And map here, but I just wanted to give it a try, plus of my favorites from twewy.
---------------
[changelog]
(6/6/08]: Okay, little over than an hour submitting this and going over it like twelve times... Spacing should be perfect (if, not close to perfect), switched around some notes, added notes and sounds. Trying to make Ultimate as insane as possible...
[7/6/08]: Enhanced Ultimate a bit more. Added Hard, Normal and Easy.
[8/6/08]: Did a little touch-up to Easy, Normal and Ultimate.
[9/6/08]: Much of what awp and Saturos suggested are included. Lightened up Easy a little and finally decided to get rid of those spiral sliders. I need to lighten up Normal a little and maaybe Hard by next update. (I'm kind'a working on a few other maps as well, trimming them.) Oh, and I also added bg and colours. This song works really well with awp's and MD's Osu! Ends With You skin! ;)
[18/6/08]: A lot is done to Easy and Normal. I toned them down a bit, and lowered the slider velocity on Hard a little. I willl work more on this tomorrow. Got to trim quite a bit of things up still.
[19/6/08]: Okay, I hope I got most of everything.
[23/6/08]: I'm back with a very small update. Just fixed the last slider on Ultimate.
[24/6/08]: Fixed some spacing and timing issues addressed by awp.
awp
Easy:
02:45:57 (3) - OVERLAPPING SLIDER ALERT
02:58:88 (1) - sounds weird not ending at 2:59:44
Also, overall, easy is too difficult for an "easy" map. 1/2 note jumps are generally pretty good to be avoided, and this spinner at 00:15:75 is going to trip up a ton of people.

Normal:
00:19:69 (1,2,3,4,5) - maybe it is just me but this whole combo sounds off-key
00:27:57 (3) - Also sounds kind of eh to me. I'd say delete the hitcircle and drag the slider to its place. Sounds cooler imo
00:35:07 (5,6) - beatspacing, and maybe a bit of a timing issue.
01:38:25 (2) - Timing feels a little weird on this
Slightly difficult but overall a nice level of challenge. I'm not too fond of the timing in a lot of places though to be honest - while some spots are completely intuitive, some felt dislocated, as if the timing is not attributed to the song, merely the bpm. Maybe I'm being over-analytical.

Hard:
00:46:88 (3,4) - Beatspacing's a bit misleading here.
00:51:57 (3) - Overlapping Slider Alert !!!
02:09:19 (3) - Watch buried notes like this one. Not the best idea to hide it in the sliders.
03:00:57 (1) - Love it.

Overall Hard is a vast improvement over the timings of Normal, so yay for that.

Insane:
00:17:16 (0) - This spinner is fucking mean. Not that there's anything inherently WRONG with it, I'm just saying it's mean.
02:30:38 (8,1) - Kind of a ridiculous jump
02:36:00 (6) - Also a bit crazy
02:41:82 (11,12,13,14,15) - I love this pattern but it's WAY too fucking hard to clear. Make the stacked notes trail below the slider so that you can make it across without exploding

brb trying to survive ultimate

I will count the attempts required
awp

Topic Starter
machol30
Okay, I'll try lightening up Easy and Normal. I'll reupload tomorrow. and congratz on completion of Ultimate. ;)
edit: I think I may have overdone it on Ultimate?
Saturos
Adding to Ultimate suggestions:

00:17:16 (0) - This spinner and other similar ones I really hate. >>
00:42:19 (8,9) - Jump here was misleading.
01:54:75 (3,4) - I didn't like how you changed up what the map followed here. Didn't flow well at all.
01:56:82 (2,10) - The triple stacks are spaced inconsistant with the rest of the map.
02:12:57 (1,5) - Enough hate; I really like the sound to the patterns here. <3
02:30:57 (1,4) - Not really sure what these are supposed to be going to.
02:42:10 (14,15) - The jump here is cruel. Perhaps horizontal flip the slider? Or do as awp suggested.
02:42:57 (1,4) - Not really sure what these are going to.

Also quite a few other huge jumps in this map, but I didn't have much of a problem with those. And to answer your question in IRC earlier; yes, Ultimate is rankable. It's not THAT insane. I mean, if awp can manage to pass it... ;x

Also, ignore ROMaster, but I hope that was obvious.
ROMaster2

buraimaster1234 wrote:

edit: I think I may have overdone it on Ultimate?
YES
Topic Starter
machol30
Okay, made Easy easier... wait, did I make it harder?! The star difficulty is slightly higher now. Well, I'll lighten up Normal and maaybe Hard hopefully by next update. Also, some of those suggestions, I just didn't feel very comfortable changing.
awp

Saturos wrote:

00:17:16 (0) - This spinner and other similar ones I really hate. >>
Hahahaha I regularly 300 that shit now, beyotch

And yeah you don't have to tone insane down, just fix a couple near-impossibles. The only one that really got me was the #15 slider, but some of the long sliders were on the half beat and imo sounded kind of strange (still doable but if you can improve on them, then why not?)
Topic Starter
machol30
Well... updated. I'll work a lot more into this tomorrow.
Topic Starter
machol30
Small update and bumping.
awp
There's a few beatspacing issues I found on the difficulties above Easy. The only ones that really throw me off are 02:31:69 (2) - Ultimate (any instance that this happens, not just this one specific point) and 01:54:57 (1,2,3) - on Normal (have to restrain myself from clicking each half-beat). Also is there a background to this map? I just updated my osu files and did not bother re-downloading because my net's being gay. Give it a background and I'll bubble it; the beatspacing issues are minor and give it some flair (no impossible jumps. Even though Ultimate has some really tough shit I could land anything with a mouse and that's saying something) so I won't pin you down on that. Religiously using distance-snap can make for some unimaginative beatmaps and it's nice to see you mixed it up a bit.

ARGH THAT SLIDER TRIPLET IN ULTIMATE IS STILL THERE I'm going to have to remember that.
Topic Starter
machol30

awp wrote:

Religiously using distance-snap can make for some unimaginative beatmaps and it's nice to see you mixed it up a bit.
I usually don't use distance-snapping (except on my Three Ring Nightfall map). I like to use it as a mere reference on the most part.
Also, update. And just in case if I didn't before, full-submission for the bg.
awp
D= now the gap between 01:54:94 (2,3) - (normal) is very misleading. That's all that's stopping my bubble, I think.
Topic Starter
machol30
Is it good now at 01:54:57 - normal?
Topic Starter
machol30
Well, before this gets ranked... completed first try (I never really tested it until now :oops: )...
Hmm... I wouldn't say it really THAT hard... a little more difficult than dejavu. :P

Topic Starter
machol30
So is it ready for ranking?
awp
Well I can't say there's anything else really wrong with this map. I personally don't like some of the flow in Normal, it's a bit repetitive, and the half-note beat combo near the start feels a bit blegh but we can chalk it up to adaptive play. After a handful of plays I imagine I'd grow attached to the patterns, though I admit I'll only play Normal for a free S rank because Ultimate is way more fun.

Only 8 million for Ultimate is bullshit though, seriously. That song is hard as fuck to fullcombo, let alone SS. And only 8 mill? Well, whatever. I think this can be ranked unless someone wants to further pick apart Normal.
MaxwellDemon
I have no issue with this map at all, except normal is a bit repetitive... but that's how some lower difficulties turn out. As this is already bubbled... RANK'D!
DaRRi
wow i love this :)

attach an easier diff here :lol:

Download: Takeharu Ishimoto - Emptiness And (buraimaster1234) [End].osu
Takuma
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
show more