forum

Sanxion7 - Rainspark

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gemi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Gemi
Oh yeah, I intended to put this in the help section since I'm still intending to do a couple of easier levels, but accidentally put it here.
ROMaster2
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
hardest difficulty:
00:21:30 - closer to the end of slider
01:25:03 - remove this break (same goes for other difficulties)

thats all i think, this is pretty fun to play but I guess healing vision is the first and last song that has circles placed like this...

PS: rename hard to insane. normal to hard (i failed 4 times before passing)
and easy to normal.
Topic Starter
Gemi
I will change the difficulty names as suggested, makes more sense that way. I'm also going to do one more easier level so taht's going to be called easy.

I'll check the beatmaps with the rest of the feedback later when I can get to a computer with osu. The spacing and positioning issues are probably all real and will be fixed, but I'd like some more feedback on the (soon to be) insane map since ROMaster2 had some issues with it being too hard while James apparently thought it was fine. Also more feedback on the hp drain rates appreciated.
Topic Starter
Gemi
Okay, I've done some changes now. First of all I changed the difficulty names and added a new Easy difficulty. I also fixed the stuff that was wrong in the Hard, and also the clear spacing/positioning problems in the Insane. I didn't however change any of the parts that ROMaster2 had marked as "hidden" or "too hard", since they are intentionally hard, but still playable and imo they work well. I also added a spinner instead of the last break in the Hard and Insane. I don't think it's too hard since I've seen harder ones, but let me know if it is.
MaxwellDemon
There is a deadlink on this beatmap... try reuploading the map. :?
Topic Starter
Gemi

MaxwellDemon wrote:

There is a deadlink on this beatmap... try reuploading the map. :?
Done, it's downloadable now.
peppy
-Timing-
Perfect

-Placement-
Quite a few slider-over-slider and hitcircle-over-slider overlaps. Generally we try to avoid these as they look quite cluttered/ugly.

-Difficulty-specific Analysis-
Easy
Fine, but a bit boring at 1/1 constant beats. The sliders do help split it up a bit though, I guess.
Overall: 7/10 (rankable)

Normal
An example of dodgy overlaps at 12:92:00. This looks a bit ugly.
Overall: 8/10 (rankable)

Hard
00:34:76 (2,3,5) - Clutter
00:56:60 (8,9,12) - "
01:03:32 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - This pattern will kill a lot of people (including me). It will probably help if you change the colour of the hitcircles so you can actually see the approach circles a bit better.
01:39:56 (6,2) - A smaller piece of clutter.
Overall: 7.5/10 (rankable)

Insane
Can't wait to see saturos or burai full combo this :P. A bit hitcircle heavy (only 2 or 3 sliders?) but you pull this off well.
Overall: 9/10 (rankable)

-Status Change-
See recommendations above. Change the colour scheme and add your background image. Starred.
Topic Starter
Gemi
Renaming Easy to Beginner, since it's really meant to be that easy for new players.

Need to check Normal and Hard parts that you listed.

Nice that the first map I made for the song (Insane) was ok. :)

And as said in irc, I'm going to put a bg image instead of the bg color and I'm also tweaking the circle colors at that point, so no worries with that.

Download: Weird Al Yankovic - Your Horoscope For Today (0_o) [Normal].osu
Topic Starter
Gemi
Added bg image and modified circle colors, fixed the stuff that you pointed out in hard. I think it should be ready now.

Btw, do I need to somehow change the folder name / file names, sicne they don't follow the general naming system?
Sinistro
The map sounds much better at about -310 offset for me.

Hard: 01:08:57 (7,8) - grid placement might be a little bit confusing for Hard, but I won't insist too much on that.
Good map otherwise :)
peppy
I can't agree with the -310 offset - sounds WAY too early for me. I think we need a third party on this one. This song contains a very solid beat so it troubles me that our offsets are so far apart :(
Fraeon
I'm in the camp that thinks the offset is fine as it is. My only problem is that the normal version seems very monotonous with the main focus being clicking every 1/4 second. Hard and Insane are pretty much fine for me.
MaxwellDemon
I know what peppy said about lack of finishes and whistles in a map... but I think this is okay for your map. Everything is perfect to me, sounds great. Bubble'd!
peppy
I already had this on the track for bubbling, so this is good to be ranked now.
grats gemi
Topic Starter
Gemi

peppy wrote:

I already had this on the track for bubbling, so this is good to be ranked now.
grats gemi
Oh, was just leaving to play some dance games but now I jus need to play this first. Thanks for the feedback guys, I think I learned a lot while fixing this one. I'll be creating a new map soon now that I got this one to the finish line.
Al-Azif
This need -15 ms imo.