forum

Coldplay - Lost!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hadoken_zero
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, 13 June 2008 at 7:26:50 PM

Artist: Coldplay
Title: Lost!
BPM: 87.05
Filesize: 8165kb
Play Time: 03:29
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.93 stars, 100 notes)
  2. Normal (2.23 stars, 220 notes)
  3. Hard (3.72 stars, 308 notes)
Download: Coldplay - Lost!
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Coldplay - Lost!
From the new album - Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends.

This is easy and normal mode + a proto hard

Huge help from Sinistro...Thanks
James with alot too.
Reikin helped!

I still have "Tension Rising" and "The Impression That I Get" maps so try them out and help me get these ranked!!!
Sinistro
I see no errors with timing and spacing, but easy feels a bit...empty to me. You might want to consider adding a few things. If not, then you should turn any large empty spaces (like approximately 5 seconds or more) into breaks and/or turn down the drain a little, since watching the lifebar drain away and being unable to do anything about it probably won't sit well with players. An additional difficulty would be desireable.
Topic Starter
hadoken_zero
i "fixed" it. try now...
if this is fine, then now onto normal!!!
Sinistro
In Normal 02:42:78 (1), the start and endpoint of a slider should not completely overlap so as not to confuse the player. After playtesting more, I found that offset sounds better @ 116, after all.

Your Normal seems pretty easy for the difficulty, although that part between 02:23:48 (1) and 02:39:33 (15) is much more challenging from the rest of the map. Tone it down just a bit, and make the rest of the map a bit harder. Try watching other Normal level maps to get some ideas.
Topic Starter
hadoken_zero
heh, fixed.
Try the new improved version!
James
slider tick rate to 1

normal:
00:20:79 - make it equidistant to the other two white circles. same as other ones similar.
although i did not miss, it can be a potential combobreaker. and i want to avoid this especially on easier maps.
00:58:70 - change this combo please. its not that i dont like it but think of it as a "newbie thing." or place them closer to each other (closer i mean not too close to each other so that it would not look like boring)
01:05:59 - this one too. black combo 1~7
01:11:79 - place this one closer to the end of the slider, you might want to change the shape too.
01:15:24 - closer to 3
01:16:96 - closer to the note before
01:25:23 - little bit farther to the slider
01:59:35 - its fine, but if you want to place them closer to each other, its better.
02:23:48 - change it or place them closer (whole blue,white, red combo)
03:18:62 - change it or place them closer

also i suggest to reduce the drain rate and remove all the short breaks, its better that way

overall i suggest to use distance snapping. because almost every part you change the spacing on the map, which *can* be confusing.
Topic Starter
hadoken_zero
fixed all, i think.

which short breaks did you mean?, I dont know which ones were too short and which were fine...

so check this, just need to do drain rate & find/remove short breaks.
Sinistro
Normal, 00:55:25 (0) - Either shorten it by 1/4 or 3/4 of a beat. Given the way you place the rest of your spinners, I'd suggest 3/4 shorter, myself.

Click again the insert break button in your breaks, I think some are shorter than the position of notes befoer and after them would indicate.

I second the motion to lower the drain, you've made the map hard enough for Normal without needing a high drain. Don't mind breaks too much, though.

Starred...
...and bubbled, since you were so quick to make these changes.
Topic Starter
hadoken_zero
As you said, I've already made those changes.
I've decided not to do a extra difficulty yet so unless another mod comes along with some changes to request, I think this is done...
Hitoshirenu Shourai
[Easy]
At 00:27:68 (6) the note is halfway off the screen.

[Normal]
Didn't see any problems.

No offense, but the song is a bit, well... boring. If you could make a harder difficulty, I feel it'd be more interesting. Sure, it's rankable once you fix it up a bit, but I don't think it'd be played very much.
Topic Starter
hadoken_zero
fixed easy.
added a possible hard mode.
try it out...
i can always change it or take it out...
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Looks good to me. I approve.
Sinistro
Since both me and Hitoshirenu Shourai approve of this map, I guess I'll move it to the Ranks.
Remco32
Easy feels totally off-beat...
Could be me though..
Saturos
I agree, and feel this needs multiple timing sections. But it's a little late now.
Cyclone
+22ms seems to be ok for the most part, but not perfect in some spots... Online offset changed.