forum

Silver Forest - Tsurupettan

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nharox
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Freitag, 22. August 2008 at 02:50:55

Artist: Silver Forest
Title: Tsurupettan
BPM: 180
Filesize: 13617kb
Play Time: 02:32
Difficulties Available:
  1. cx_time's Easy (1,27 stars, 143 notes)
  2. Normal (3,86 stars, 205 notes)
  3. Hard (4,65 stars, 293 notes)
  4. Insane (4,84 stars, 430 notes)
Download: Silver Forest - Tsurupettan
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Finally I made a new beatmap. It's my third one.

Enjoy~

Any comments or suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.
(like always :P)

!Update! Some changes.

!Update! Added Normal and Insane. Have fun. :)

!Update! Better Spacing (on all difficulties~)

!Update! Reupload~

!Update! Redone with distance snap.

!Update! Some fixes (thanks to peppy), darker green in the background and added the official video (thanks to neo@lex). :)

!Update! Added Easy.

!Update! Small update~

!Update! Added Hito's Insane, Very Hard = Old Insane and some changes on Hard and Very Hard~

!Update! Added Hito's fixed Insane.

!Update! Added some extra notes on Very Hard~

!Update! Added cx_time's Easy~

!Update! Some Fixes (Easy)

!Update! Bigger notes for Insane! Hooray~

!Update! Some fixes on all difficulties except Normal.

!Update! Some awp nitpicks. :P

!Update! Removed Hito's Insane, Very Hard = Insane, added more noise~

!Update! Changed the title to "Tsurupettan".
Topic Starter
Nharox
Little update.

Here you can listen to the song. ;)
JSD324
Loved it. Tsuru Pettan is awesome.
Topic Starter
Nharox
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Nharox
Added Normal and Insane.

Please try it. :)
Topic Starter
Nharox
*bump*

I feel like I'm being ignored. :P
Neo@lex
It's a good map, and I like the timing, but the spacing does get pretty confusing so people who already know the song are given an instant advantage. I think you could probably fix it without changing any of the beats.
Also, it would be more fun/lulzy with the video, vixy.net it or something.
Oh, and google says the correct romanization is "Tsurupettan".

If there's one thing osu needs, it's more Touhou.
Topic Starter
Nharox

neo@lex wrote:

It's a good map, and I like the timing, but the spacing does get pretty confusing so people who already know the song are given an instant advantage. I think you could probably fix it without changing any of the beats.
I don't understand what you mean. I like the spacing and it seems good to me. But...eh, which difficulty do you mean?

neo@lex wrote:

Also, it would be more fun/lulzy with the video, vixy.net it or something.
Already tried it but the quality is horrible and I can't find any with good quality.

neo@lex wrote:

Oh, and google says the correct romanization is "Tsurupettan".
Actually there are more like "Tsurupettan" or "Pettan Pettan Tsurupettan". I think I'll stay with "Turupeta" ;)

Whatever, Tsurupettan sounds better. I'll change. :)

Meh, but then I have to upload the whole beatmap again as new one. So let's stay with Turupeta. :o

neo@lex wrote:

If there's one thing osu needs, it's more Touhou.
Irony? :D
Neo@lex
I don't have much time, so I couldn't go into much detail, but on normal, the spacing from 00:01:99 to 0:02:66 is a huge gap, and 0:04:66 to 0:05:33 is even bigger, whereas the verse from 0:16:16 to 0:26:49 has much better spacing and the gap from 0:27:33 to 0:27:99 is smaller than it should be.
I've checked hard and insane, and there's similar inconsistencies, but I really like the timing.
I suggest moving the notes around with distance snap on.
Topic Starter
Nharox

neo@lex wrote:

I don't have much time, so I couldn't go into much detail, but on normal, the spacing from 00:01:99 to 0:02:66 is a huge gap, and 0:04:66 to 0:05:33 is even bigger, whereas the verse from 0:16:16 to 0:26:49 has much better spacing and the gap from 0:27:33 to 0:27:99 is smaller than it should be.
I've checked hard and insane, and there's similar inconsistencies, but I really like the timing.
I suggest moving the notes around with distance snap on.
Thanks for the help. I improved the spacing on all difficulties but some things are meant to be placed so (especially the beginning on insane! :D). If there are still some really horrible gaps, please tell me.
Neo@lex
The gaps aren't as bad now, but the spacing is still inconsistant.
try using this spacing:
Where every whole beat is 2 squares.
I was making a list:

Normal (Assuming you're still on grid level 1),
00:02:66- Move this up 2 squares, then it fits perfectly between the previous and next notes.
00:05:99 and all others in this pattern- Move one square closer to the previous beat, so each note is touching the previous one at the border of the circle.
00:16:16 to 00:26:66- Move these so each note is touching the previous one at the border of the circle.
00:26:66 to 00:27:99- Move these so they're 2 squares apart, and possibly place a note in the gap.
00:29:16- Either keep this in the same spot as the previous note or move it 3 squares away.
00:30:66 to 00:31:99- Move these so each note is touching the previous one at the border of the circle.
00:31:99- Either move this one square down or move 00:32:99 one square up.
00:37:33 to 00:38:66- Move these so they're 2 squares apart, and possibly place a note in the gap.
00:39:83- Either keep this in the same spot as the previous note or move it 3 squares away.
00:41:33- Move this one so it's one square away from the previous note.
00:42:66- Move this so it's touching the previous note at the border of the circle.
00:43:99 to 00:45:33- Move these so they're 2 squares apart.
00:45:99 to 00:47:66- Move these so each note is touching the previous one at the border of the circle, and so 00:47:66 is touching 00:47:99.
00:48:66 and all others in this pattern- Move one square closer to the previous beat, so each note is touching the previous one at the border of the circle.
00:58:66 to 01:09:33- Move these so each note is touching the previous one at the border of the circle.
01:11:99 to 01:13:99- Move these one square upwards.
01:14:66 to 01:16:66- Move these one square to the left.
01:17:33 to 01:21:16- Move these two squares to the left.
01:21:66 to 01:25:16- Move these 3 squares to the left.
01:25:00- Rotate so it's end points to the right.
01:25:50 to 01:30:66- Move these so each note is touching the previous one at the border of the circle.
Try not to change the spacing from 01:31:33 to 01:32:00, But if you do, make sure they're 2 squares apart.
01:33:16- Either keep this in the same spot as the previous note or move it 3 squares away.
01:34:66 to 01:35:66- Move these so they're 2 squares apart from 01:34:16.
01:36:00- Move this so it's touching the previous notes at the border of the circle.
01:36:66 to 01:37:33- Move these so they're 2 squares apart, and maybe put a note in between.
01:38:00 to 01:38:66- Move these so they're 2 squares apart.
But then I thought I may as well just fix the spacing myself and upload a .osu, so, if it's okay with you, I'll do it.
Topic Starter
Nharox

neo@lex wrote:

But then I thought I may as well just fix the spacing myself and upload a .osu, so, if it's okay with you, I'll do it.
Thanks for your help. :) You can upload it and I'll take a look at it. ;)
peppy
I'm really impressed with this beatmap. It was about the 3rd map tonight that i've actually enjoyed playing through each difficulty :).

A few suggestions:

Offset sounds better at 40. Confirm and change (if you leave "Move already placed notes when changing the offset/BPM" selected andchange this on the F3 timing screen, you shouldnt even need to resnap).

Circle size on insane is too small - bump it up a notch or two.

The green in the background is a bit strong/sickening. A video would be nice, and maybe this background would look better with a different colour :P. It reminds me of a green-screen (0,255,0) at the moment.

Starred for win.

Download: Weird Al Yankovic - Your Horoscope For Today (0_o) [Hard].osu
Neo@lex
0,255,0 is my favourite colour, but I did find a half-decent video, though for it to sync properly you need to add
1,-410,"Tsurupettan.avi"
underneath
[Events]
//Background and Video events
0,0,"silver forest.jpg"
Topic Starter
Nharox
Updated. Thanks for the suggestions and for the video. :)
Topic Starter
Nharox
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
machol30
all difficulties together, I give it a 9.5 out of 10. Bubbled. ;)
awp
Offset 40 not 30

come on guys

Silver Forest has really cutesy weeaboo vocals lol

no ranky until tiny offset fix plz

EDIT: Oh peppy actually suggested 40 already

OBEY

poppin bubble for now because I'm a jackass !!!
Topic Starter
Nharox
Gnah, I already set the Offset to 40 but I forgot to save. ¬_¬

Anyway, I updated the beatmap. ;)
awp
Rebubbling @ work because offset IS something I can check just by reading the .osu files

I'd rank it flat out but I can not check if something mysteriously got screwed up while offset was being changed.

Also, novideo link?
show more